Dark-Side-Hero (An Original Manga Story)

Blamonchesix

Here we go again.

Hi, guys. This is a new and original story I made called Dark-Side-Hero.

Basically, this is a shonen-genre, action-comedy story with a few twists.

I'll try to update as soon as possible but it depends.

For all its' worth, I hope you guys enjoy it.

Happy reading. ^_^

Dark-Side-Hero

Prologue chapter:

[spoiler=Page 1]dsh___00___01_by_beigeblancmange-d7i02ay[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Page 2]dsh___00___02_by_beigeblancmange-d7ih1ge[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Page 3]dsh___00___03_by_beigeblancmange-d7iuywr[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Page 4]dsh___00___04_by_beigeblancmange-d7j2lxy[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Page 5]dsh___00___05_by_beigeblancmange-d7jtbfj[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Page 6]dsh___00___06_by_beigeblancmange-d7kc3wo[/spoiler]

Everything about these pages look really professional, like really professional, though, I wished you had put up more pages.

Based on the five pages so far, the story looks really uninteresting.

Evil tyrant douchebag acts like evil tyrant douchebag.

Generic fantasy hero steps up and says "no."

There isn't much of a hook here, especially since this kind of story has been told a million times through video games, tabletops, books, etc.

The prologue (is this the prologue?) needs a spicing up. Maybe a fight scene to show us how awesome the hero is while narrator guy tells us "evil king is evil, hero is good." In an action story, it's great to show us the protag using their powers or whatever as soon as possible, especially since this prologue gives the impression that he's already experienced with whatever he can do.

But, the art and whatnot looks on par with one of those OEL manga you could buy at a store, and since this is the only webcomic in this section, that's even more reason for anyone here to give this a look.

Keep at it.

Wow, this is pretty different and awesome.

I mean it's the same basic principle of a hundred million stories on the Internet, but what works s what works.

I like the first two drawings of the Emperor with the sitting on the throne, blank eyes, looking blank. Not looking "RAWR I'M EVIL AND I'M GOING TO DESTROY ALL OF YOU IN RAGE!!!" at all, just looking glazed over and dismissive and impassive to the devastation before his eyes. I like this.

Everything about these pages look really professional, like really professional, though, I wished you had put up more pages.

Based on the five pages so far, the story looks really uninteresting.

Evil tyrant douchebag acts like evil tyrant douchebag.

Generic fantasy hero steps up and says "no."

There isn't much of a hook here, especially since this kind of story has been told a million times through video games, tabletops, books, etc.

The prologue (is this the prologue?) needs a spicing up. Maybe a fight scene to show us how awesome the hero is while narrator guy tells us "evil king is evil, hero is good." In an action story, it's great to show us the protag using their powers or whatever as soon as possible, especially since this prologue gives the impression that he's already experienced with whatever he can do.

But, the art and whatnot looks on par with one of those OEL manga you could buy at a store, and since this is the only webcomic in this section, that's even more reason for anyone here to give this a look.

Keep at it.

Thanks! I will keep at it indeed! Yeah, its very generic and cliche. I can't help it lol.

But thank you for the praise. Not much happening in the prologue but there will be fun times. XD

Wow, this is pretty different and awesome.

I mean it's the same basic principle of a hundred million stories on the Internet, but what works s what works.

I like the first two drawings of the Emperor with the sitting on the throne, blank eyes, looking blank. Not looking "RAWR I'M EVIL AND I'M GOING TO DESTROY ALL OF YOU IN RAGE!!!" at all, just looking glazed over and dismissive and impassive to the devastation before his eyes. I like this.

Yep. The evil king is quite charismatic. Thanks. Will try to update whenever possible :)

Wauw. That looks pretty cool. Big shock would be if the demon was the hero. :P

Thanks! Yep, that would be a shock indeed lol.

Also... Page 6! XD

Another good looking page, Question, how do you draw these? They look as if they were made quite professionally (imho) 

Thanks! 

Well, I researched a lot. Found out that there was more to making manga than pen and paper.

So, yes. It looks pro because it tries to be pro lol.

But if you're looking for a more detailed outline then:

- Make Storyboard of Chapter

- Divide chapter into pages

- Sketch pages with blue pencil (for borders and panels and basic poses)

- Sketch pages with regular pencil (for main art)

- Outline the sketch with black ink

- Apply solid inks

- Apply screentones

- Scan

- Use software (MS Paint) to write dialogue

- Proofread

- Save

- Upload

- Rinse and repeat. :)

Archived