Summer 2014 Anime

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aldnoah.Zero - Hey it's Urobuchi, that guy's been godtier ever since Gaim, so I ain't complaining and will follow.

Bakumatsu Rock - It's DEEN, DEEN has redeemed themselves to me with Sakura Trick, so I will follow.

DRAMAtical Murder - Looks ehh, but well, might as well.

Swimbros - Hell yes.

Kankore - Yes.

Majimoji Rurumo - I hope this is the moeshit of the season. I need my moeshit. For the last few seasons the moeshit of the season has been the best animu of the season(Look at Non Non Biyori and this season's Gochuumon)

Nobunaga Concerto - Hey it's Nobu.

P4GA - Fuck you Atlus, but for Marie I'll watch.

Psycho-Pass - CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

Rail Wars - Gives me a Panzer vibe, will definitely watch. Maybe this'll be the moe of the season.

Hamatora - ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Majimoji Rurumo - I hope this is the moeshit of the season. I need my moeshit. For the last few seasons the moeshit of the season has been the best animu of the season(Look at Non Non Biyori and this season's Gochuumon)

Rail Wars - Maybe this'll be the moe of the season.

All of a sudden, those sound so awesome.

DRAMAtical Murder and Free 2 are yaoi, so I'm not watching those.

Persona 4 is nice, SAO 2 I will watch despite hating the 1st season, and the other new shows I'll give more thought.

Free's not yaoi, and DMMD is only has yaoi side plots as far as know its not going into the anime (then again DMMD get pretty gruesome anyway), though of course I'm not forcing you, I just thought I'd inform you.

Anyway my list:

DMMD: Of course as someone who's played through the game several times and loved it, I definitely want to see what they do with the anime

Free! 2: *drools* you have your fanservice and I have mine

Book of Circus: that arc in BB was freaking amazing imo definitely be watching that

Love Stage!!: Yeah so, I enjoy that s***

P4GA (BS Money Grab the Animation): meh I liked the game, and I liked the first one so what the hell right?

SAO 2: The first anime me and younger brother watched together, so you could say it holds some special value in our hearts. We'll be watching it when it comes out.

Tokyo ESP: I'm really into psychological horror and thriller and stuff like that so yeah

Tokyo Kushu: same as above

Zankyou no Terror: look up two

Heads up: Tokyo ESP isn't like that at all. Not sure where you got that from. Maybe because the two in that row were?

Probably I must have just glanced over it, but the premise still seems very interesting plus I like supernatural genres as well anyways.

DMMD isn't just a visual novel. It's an EXTREME YAOI visual novel from what I've heard.

Interest Level: Low -> High

Yeah, I'm still probably going to check out DRAMAtical Murder. Most likely to just make fun of weaboos who like it for more perverse reasons while I insult them for liking it for bad reasons.

Are you operating under some different definition of the word "weaboo" than me?

I wish I could tell if it could be my cup of tea, or even find the time to check it out to see if it is, but sigh. Probably will sometime though cause KyoAni.

You'd like Free. I don't know if it's something to prioritize over other stuff, but it'll be worth checking out at some point or another.

As for me,

Aldnoah Zero, Sanzoku, and Zankyou are all shows I'll check out because of the creative talent.

Space Dandy 2, SAO 2, Sailor Moon, Psycho Pass, and Free 2 are definites.

The two Tokyos both sound interesting too, I'll probably check them out.

I hear Gaim is going to be around 30-ish episodes, so I wouldn't worry about Gaim suffering from him doing an anime at the same time much, if it's already close to ending.

Those rumors were debunked a while ago as far as I've heard and plus the summary for 31 does not sound anywhere close to an end. Oren's actor confirmed appearing in episodes 33 and 35 too or something.

Space Dandy

Psycho Pass

Zankyou no Terror

not Sword Art Online

and wow there are a lot of yaoi-fan-targeting anime this season

anime originals I may look into:

Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen

Glasslip

Sailor Moon

Aldnoah.Zero

maybe Free if I get REALLY bored

Well, the more I look at Rail Wars, the less it seems to be moe, but I have hope(Plus all that was my assumption based on the artstyle so there's no guarantee either will be moe). ;_;

Oh, I see.

Would moeshit be considered a genre? :D

there's nothing new, just sequels.

It doesn't look like that to me. Glasslip isn't a sequel and I'm sure it'll be good.

Just like last summer. Well, technically there do seem to be less sequels than new stuff. Technically.

Also, being sure of anything is for people from the future. But even then I'm still less interested in the sequels. Wait 3 pages already?

Those rumors were debunked a while ago as far as I've heard and plus the summary for 31 does not sound anywhere close to an end. Oren's actor confirmed appearing in episodes 33 and 35 too or something.

Oh okay...Now I'm worried for Gen. I swear to god, if Gaim's plot suffers because of this...

Oh, I see.

Would moeshit be considered a genre? :D

I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO, MORE IS ALWAYS GOOD plus we don't really get that much per season. Usually one dedicated moe show per season.Which saddens me because I enjoy them a lot more than shitty action or tryhard grimdark shows or yaoi bait#5 or romantic comedy with no resolution and fanservice that is mediocre and doesn't dare to become more explicit....you get the point.

I haven't seen Free. And it's still yaoi anyways. I know a lot about it from Tumblr.

Yeah, before I watched it I figured it the same from my sister being on tumblr a lot, too. But like someone else said, slight understones at the most. After watching it, it's really not at all.

tumblr just really put things way out of proportion. Crazy fangirls, I suppose.

Archived