Summer 2014 Anime

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is Sailor Moon: Crystal just a reboot? That'd be neat, I never got around to watching the original, and this would give me a good reason to get into the series.

Season 2 of Free! is always good.

The circus arc from Black Butler as it was in the manga should be sweet.

Second season of Space Dandy, can't wait.

Aldnoah.Zero is a definite watch that sweet Gen love.

DRAMAtical Murder sounds pretty cool. I already like the character design until I remember that cool guy with blue hair has a f*cking ponytail.

Persona 4: Golden The Animation I've already played through the game twice and intend to play through quite a few more times. I'd love to watch the anime again and hell, it'll have a few changes.

Psycho Pass New Edit Version. Wasn't as impressed as some people but I saw it had potential at least. And if this revised version does make it better then sweet. And it having one hour long episode sounds really awesome. It'll feel like I'm watching an American mystery show that I never watch.

Space Dandy 2 after I eventually finish Space Dandy maybe.

Sword Art Online II makes me feel bad for wanting to watch it but I really like guns and if this gives me some good gun action shonen-style that I haven't seen since Soul Eater then that's great even if the characters and plot aren't.

Tokyo ESP is one of those anime that I've read the manga of. Well, most of it. I got sidetracked at some point. Either way, I actually sort of liked it. i'll have to make sure to tell Hotaru about this.

Zankyouu no Terror sounds really interesting. That's all I can really say on it.

Cencoroll 2. I should watch the first again in preparation for this sequel.

Aldnoah.Zero - Might be fun. Character designer actually sells this one for me, but yeah... Urobutchi sure seems to have a talent with regards to being the man behind both mecha anime that a guy who isn't so fond of that chooses to see while airing, so blind to how it actually is. 
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal - I've grown to be an actual fan of magical girls in the past 2 years, largely due to Toei's other big thing, Precure. But well, I barely remember a thing from what I've seen of the old Sailor Moon, and what I do remember is nothing important I'm sure, so just curious here as to what made it so popular, although... I can probably guess, so I do have to wonder if it has any legitimate merit.
Locodol - Idols. Yup.
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - Sounds okay. Could be better at at least half length probably, like Mangaka-san
Glasslip - I feel so out of the loop not seeing some of the earlier P.A. Works stuff, but I'm just not passing up on what looks to be this gorgous. 
Kantai Collection - I want to know what this is. Okay, I do know "what" it is, but it seems really poular for something that doesn't yet have an anime and originated from where it did.
Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? - Sounds stupidly convulted in a pretty stupid way, but I also get the feeling I'm going to check it out.
Sabagebu! - Kasugano Urara?! Watching just to hope the name is done justice.
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance - I just want to have a look see because nothing.
SAO II - People are probably right about it largely being the best arc, at least. I have personal and then dumb reasons for actually liking teh ALO more than SAO but meh. Don't really know what to think, but I can assume I don't have high expectations, at least.
Encouragement of Climb season 2 - Nice that the episodes have the length extended, though it was plenty a unique short the way it didn't really focus on comedy.
Barakamon - This is exactly the kind of thing that should be one of my favorites, if done correctly.

Oh only 11? I guess that's not so bad. Oh wait. Oh well, at least this season was somewhat lax for me.

Doesn't look that great to me. Stuff I might check out:

• Aldnoah.Zero because Gen Urobuchi.
  • Kuroshitsuji because I've read the manga.
  • Sanzoku no Musume Ronja because for once Studio Ghibli is making an actual series. IDK, what else.
  • Sword Art Online II because it's going to have good art and action if anything.
  • Zankyou no Terror really sounds like my kind of thing and there are few shows that center around terrorists. Also, it's directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, so it's bound to be at least decent.

Glasslip - I feel so out of the loop not seeing some of the earlier P.A. Works stuff, but I'm just not passing up on what looks to be this gorgous.

Oh, I might see this as well, I do enjoy P.A. Works.

Sabagebu! - Another survival game anime, I'm in.

Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance - If I read more than I do, I would read the light novels because everything out so far is translated... I read a chapter so far, so I might check out this anime, as well as never reading anymore of the LN.

This time, I mean it when I say everything else. I'll wait and see.

DRAMAtical Murder and Free 2 are yaoi, so I'm not watching those.

I take it that means you actually haven't seen Free.

Male fanservice, yes, but that's due to the fact they're in swim suits all the time from being in a swimming anime. But I'd hardly call it a yaoi show.

I haven't seen Free. And it's still yaoi anyways. I know a lot about it from Tumblr.

I haven't seen it either but from all the talk I've heard about it from people who've actually seen it, it has slight undertones at best. Look at the genres on any given site, even, it will tell you that you're wrong.

>Kancolle will have the anime from Fubuki's POV

>Never seen Fubuki in my life

How the fuck are they gonna animate DMMD?

That Gekkan thing is the same guys who did Mikakunin so I'll see how fun it is.

We don't need P4GA, let Narukami Yu sleep. Same with SAO.

Tokyo ESP looks fun.

So is Sailor Moon: Crystal just a reboot? That'd be neat, I never got around to watching the original, and this would give me a good reason to get into the series.

This. People always talk about Sailor Moon and how nostalgic it is to them, so that'll be a good time to look into it.

Good to see Strange+ is getting a second season. I got a good laugh out of that.

As far as what I'm looking forward to seeing, it depends on which ones are gonna be on Crunchyroll.

I was left confused and utterly disappointed with Hamatora's ending. I have high hopes for Re:Hamatora.

Will give Glasslip a shot mainly because PA Works.

Did not expect PsyPass New Edit version. 1-hour episodes would give different options for pacing.

Rokujouma - Oh, there's a ghost girl? I'm sold.

Free 2 and SAO 2 are givens. Not easy with P4GA.

Okay, retsu do this.

Aldnoah.Zero

Get at me Urobuchi. I believe he only did composition for this rather than the writing the scripts (which he did for Madoka Magica and Psycho-Pass, too, I think), which is too bad, but that doesn't mean I'm not pumped.

Bakumatsu Rock

I...what? This sounds so cool, like AKB0048 or something, and the name is great. Yeah, this could turn out to be -

Studio Deen.

Goddammit.

Sailor Moon: Crystal

About a month or two ago I saw ~10 episodes of Sailor Moon, mostly because writing the scripts for it was how Kunihiko Ikuhara got his start. I can definitely see the influence. Anyway, I'm definitely curious, and Sailor Moon is, at a minimum, good fluff material, so yeah, count me in.

DRAMAtical Murder

I don't mean to be a jerk, guys, but nothing about this looks very interesting me. And the name is dumb.

(more checking) Oh, and it's a visual novel, too? Christ.

Glasslip

I feel like the only thing differentiating these kinds of shows, at least on the box, is the main character's gender and interest. Ooh, but it's from P.A. Works...

Kantai Collection

At last we meet, KanColle.

Kurojitsushi Season 2, uh...Brotherhood?

2014 is the year of second seasons, apparently. Mushishi in Spring, Durarara!! some time later this year, plus of course SAO II and Free! S2.

Persona 4 Golden

So, uh, I know nothing about Persona. On a scale from one to awesome, how different is this from Persona 4?

Sword Art Online II

I dunno about anybody else, but I'm ready for more SAO. This promises more hijinx from the master of unintentional comedy Reki Kawahara. I hear Kirito is a trap this arc? SAO II is going to have a hard time topping the awful of this season's Mahouka, but I'm sure it'll make it. Faito, A-1 Pictures! (but don't faito too hard, you need to animate Aldnoah.Zero)

And also Tokyo ESP, Tokyo Kushu, and Zankyou no Terror. I'm just tired of writing words.

*spit take*

Wait, Zankyou no Terror is by Shinichiro Watanabe? How did I not hear about this? I mean, I don't care about Watanabe, but everyone else does, so how has this not been trumpeted all over my face? Uh, I think I'm mixing my metaphors there...

Well, this certainly promises to be an interesting season, if nothing else.

Archived