Kagerou Project (Mekakucity Actors/Kagerou Days)

Nicο

For discussing the Kagerou Project: The song series, novel, anime and manga. Mostly, I feel the discussion would work out better, especially at this time for the manga "Kagerou Days" and mostly the anime "Mekakucity Actors", so I put it in Anime & Manga. 

Now, I couldn't say that this was technically my best first impression of the season, but I've been a massive fan for over a year now with the songs and manga. I can say a surprising amount about the first episode.

• Shintaro & Ene had a conversation that much more shows what Shintaro is like in the anime. I mean, the manga by no means didn't, but this was just great... just hysterical.
  • Why does he have so much higher tech than he should though? Probably just to make it look so visually pleasing, the art doesn't do a whole lot more than the song PV's did.
  • While I'm talking about the art, it doesn't seem that great, but it's just so darn faithful and I probably would have actually liked it less had they tried to do more.  
  • And the accidental purchase. Pffft. 
  • It's the same keys on the keyboard that still work I believe, but a new computer had to be bought in the manga. Slight differences that don't matter~
  • Tororo, maybe it means that thing I should have watched by now.
  • And oh god the Shaft head tilts. The Shaft visuals still work mighty well in this case, probably the most pleasing to me that I've yet seen.
  • While they talk about being tied up, Kano mysteriously puts his arms behind his head like you can tell he obviously hasn't been tied up. That's the way it looked to me, and if it's true, then I already know how he done it.

-The SHAFT room design for Shintaro/Ene is pretty cool here, I'm pretty sure the big screen is supposed to either be his thoughts or a mirror of the monitor (when Ene appeared it went from static to a blue sky).

-Kido threw something at the terrorist right? Since hitting him would mean her power would stop working.

-When the leader grabbed Shintaro, was that the real one or Kano?

-Shitty dad and Kuroha (and Kano's shadows) in the ending was also pretty cool.

Overall great first episode even if it's nothing new. I wonder if the anime will go down a new route or if it'll just clean stuff up?

-Kido threw something at the terrorist right? Since hitting him would mean her power would stop working.

-When the leader grabbed Shintaro, was that the real one or Kano?

Uh... considering how much I've been able to pay attention, compared to some things, which I'm sure was almost every detail, I can't actually say... must be the very few things I couldn't quite place if those questions already have answers.

I'm sure that if Seto was there in the manga, he never spoke at that point though, that's new.

[spoiler=Episode 2:]
"and then I ate it." xDD

Her mom is still okay though, right? I can't help but feel I've seen her before, something to do with Shintaro... may not have been important, may have even been from one of those manga anthologies other authors take part in, so I suppose that isn't such a big deal. 

What is obvious, though, is that she took up being an idol mostly for her mother. I mean, part of it is even for the money, so her mom doesn't have to work so hard. Go Momo. 

The original song was originally done by a Vocaloid, as were all of them to this series, but I'm really thankfull that wasn't the case at all in the anime. Will love this once it hopefully comes out, so I don't have to listen to the characters to hear the whole thing.[/spoiler]

And another thing, in another one of Shaft's airing works, Nisekoi,
[spoiler=there was this moment that pretty much had to be partly, at least, intentionally similar visually, to the Kagerou Days official PV]pG0vD72.pngWQ2Zd0Q.png[/spoiler]

I enjoyed this episode a lot, but that's only because Momo is my favorite character. Kano's my favorite male character from this, so I'm excited to see more of him next episode (which I'm sure will happen).

The original song was originally done by a Vocaloid, as were all of them to this series, but I'm really thankfull that wasn't the case at all in the anime. Will love this once it hopefully comes out, so I don't have to listen to the characters to hear the whole thing.

I know you're talking about "Kisaragi Attention", but was the opening "daze" one of those, or is it original? I really can't tell if it's the same as "Kagerou Days" because the last time I heard that wasn't in Japanese. So why am I asking you? It's probably the same for you.

I know you're talking about "Kisaragi Attention", but was the opening "daze" one of those, or is it original? I really can't tell if it's the same as "Kagerou Days" because the last time I heard that wasn't in Japanese. So why am I asking you? It's probably the same for you.

Yeah, same. To answer the question though, "Daze" is original. Children Record would have worked perfectly because of what it is, but having another awesome song doesn't hurt. 

And Kano... I had a laughing fit this episode, and I'm probably gonna have another one. Though, especially if the roller coaster scene happens.

Okay, I see.

Also, did I see a lot more head tilts in two episodes than usual, or is it just me? I happen to know it happened multiple times this episode and at least once with Ene in the first (I think).

Already, I think there are relatively going to be more head tilts than Nisekoi...

Could be a silly thing to make count of.

Okay, I see.

Also, did I see a lot more head tilts in two episodes than usual, or is it just me? I happen to know it happened multiple times this episode and at least once with Ene in the first (I think).

SHAFT riding on their Monogatari success so hard.

It's interesting how they used the entire episode to introduce one of the Actors. It's a nice character with potential, but I've seen a lot of "I'm famous but I want to be normal" so I'm skeptical.

Either way, SHAFT's animation always gets to me. So good.

As expected of SHAFT, the opening was updated(That Ene in the tv background is adorable). I will not be surprised if it turns out this isn't the final version and episode 3 updates it even more. Fucking SHAFT. Oh, and when the blurays come out, there'll be pointless changes that doesn't particularly add or subtract anything at all. Fucking SHAFT.

So, on one hand, it would've been really, really nice to see what happened next with Shintaro, but at the same time, Momo's story so far is pretty coolio, although overall this was a rather empty episode, so I dunno what to feel about that. And 'Kisaragi'? Are they siblings or what?

I have no clue about Kido at all, but so far I like her.

It's interesting how they used the entire episode to introduce one of the Actors. It's a nice character with potential, but I've seen a lot of "I'm famous but I want to be normal" so I'm skeptical.

I don't really find that bothersome because the true reasoning isn't that she's famous. It's that she just draws so much attention that she's extremely inconvenienced by it. That is what allowed her to become famous in the first place, it really is a curse (although it is because she chose to be famous that she has as much spotlight as she does now). The "curse" lead the idol guy right to her, she wasn't special enough on her own, unlike some others. Can't really think of any off the top of my head, but you know what I mean. I really can't imagine passing a year in high school if I'm late pretty much all the time. It's not done poorly, imo, but admittedly very exaggerated. 

btw, it's kinda stupid reasoning, but I love it anyway and it drives the series. It's also the same deal with how Kano was able to move his arms while "tied up". 

@Mitcher: Yeah. they're siblings all right.

So dang. I have a feeling I'm not quite supposed to be laughing well, a lot more than him, but I've gotta say, Kano's laughter has been pretty contagious. And him sending those pics. Pfffft. 

I'm thinking there's plenty of good reasoning for someone to not like being able to read minds, Seto seems pretty alright. 

They sure don't hold back with any sort of expensive distractions when people's lives are at stake. Uh... I've noticed Blindfold Code in song inserted into Blindfold Code the episode, as well. Very nice. 

Sounds like Konoha's also getting an early introduction, like Hibiya already has. I am fond of this. 

Meh. I've seen her in her cuter days, and she's been making almost no impression on me compared to literally any of the other characters. Which, she's perfectly really cute, so that's saying a lot. But really, I found her better when Seto first meets her, and also at the amusement park. 

It just doesn't stop being "The story that will overwhelm your eyes." the more I see it. Manga, plenty of times in the PVs already, and now, anime. Of course I feel horrible for Hibiya, but dat Hiyori doll. His creepiness I heard about shone through a bit there. 

Hiyori seems like I completely different person though, doing nothing but insulting Hibiya. Of course, in the manga, she mostly conversed with Momo, and we all know she mentioned being a big fan of hers this episode. 

Now that this part has aired in the anime, reminds me it's a bit strange they done that Kagerou Days visual in Nisekoi before this.

Bump.

I am severely disappoint they never went to the amusement park so Shintaro could freak out on the roller coaster, but

YGO parody loooollll....

Hamtaro lol....
Shintaro & Konoha loooll...
This is like comedy gold for me I'm so stupid.

Still, heavy ep is heavy. Konoha too badass though.

Bump.

I am severely disappoint they never went to the amusement park so Shintaro could freak out on the roller coaster, but

YGO parody loooollll....

Hamtaro lol....
Shintaro & Konoha loooll...
This is like comedy gold for me I'm so stupid.

Still, heavy ep is heavy. Konoha too badass though.

I was like "Wait they're not going to the park?" and then I realized this is the deviation from the manga.

I was like "Wait they're not going to the park?" and then I realized this is the deviation from the manga.

Yeah it was bound to happen somewhat differently considering the manga was an adaption as well, but that is quite the difference. While I'm a little upset about that, I'm hoping it continues down the deviation from the later parts of the manga, at least.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived