Brynhildr in the Darkness

Actually liking this development.

[spoiler=Spoiler]The fact that they're very low in terms of power compared to other witches worries me, but the guy's really smart so he might pull something off. And I'm glad to get confirmation that she really was Kuroneko, even if it was already obvious. The AA witch is OP, though.[/spoiler]

SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN

I like how [spoiler=spoiler] witches, while being OP, are also very weak even compared to humans. [/spoiler]

Also, studio Arms is showing an uncharacteristic amount of restraint with this show.  I raised an eyebrow at dat sideboob but it was for plot.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to copy+pasta what I said in regards to Gokkoku no in the Darkness on a different website in which people type words other people can see, so if you're one of my stalkers, I'm sorry for giving you repeat content. *Ahem*

Give me a moment...Akuma no RiddleBlack BulletCaptain EarthMahoukaJoJoM3Mekakucity ActorsNo Game No Lifeselector infected WIXOSS...yeah, I can safely say Brynhildr is the worst thing I'm watching this season, and I gave Mahouka a 1.

It suffers from most of the same problems as Elfen Lied, of course, though it'll take some time to say for sure which one is less terrible. Elfen Lied does have "Lilium", so on second thought I suppose it wins by default. Either way, the tonelessness and mind-numbing agony of it all put most other harems to shame. Like Elfen Lied, it rations out its gore and tragedy well past the breaking point, such that there isn't really any of it, just dried splatters of it, like the trail of blood left behind by a dying animal.

The visuals at least are a leg up from Elfen Lied, both due to ARMS having produced some decent hits in the intervening years along with the steady march of progress. But, like handing M. Night Shyamalan a hundred million dollars, technology can't mask lack of talent, it can only magnify it, and there's a certain disgustingess to everyone. Is it the eyes? The shape of the cheeks?

The writing, on reflection, is definitely worse than Elfen Lied's. Calling it "F-tier" would be a compliment. I shouldn't have to say anything more in regards to it.

Some day I may understand the reasons behind the throbbing boner the Western world has for the filthy milktoast Lynn Okamoto puts out, but that day is not today.

My opinion since then has soured somewhat.

I'm glad I don't have such a pragmatic, analytic view on animes, so nice stories like this one aren't ruined by technicalities.

I like this show very much, thank you.

Okay, fine, but literally everything coming out this season is better. Even Mahouka.

People can like what they like - I am basically the only person who thought Another was a great horror anime, for example - but the way Lynn Okamoto stories bring together basically everything the Western world hates about anime...and then for some reason they eat up...that fascinates me. He's not winning hearts and minds in Japan - if he were, ARMS wouldn't be the ones adapting his manga.

• 2 weeks later...

I freaking love this series.

The two openings are amazing, the powers are neat, nice amounts of fanservice, death, drama, memory loss, etc. Its great.

I predicted Manami's episodes though....just too obvious.

I loved this so much I read the manga all the way to current in a day.

I'm glad they aren't really aliens and just like modified humans.

Alien romance is such a stupid twist imo. I don't want them being aliens.

Personal bias, forgive me.

The openings are just the best =P

Kuroneko is good and the main character isn't a piece of crap. I will watch this show through.

Even though the manga is already ahead by galaxies

EDIT:
Just saw what Cakey said.

If that's how you judge anime thats awful. Freaking god awful. Just saying. You ignore literally the other 90% of the things that make a series and you need to rethink how you evaluate.

Archived