Number 32: Shark Drake

300px-Number32SharkDrake-GAOV-EN-UR-1E.p

Once per turn, when this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon the destroyed monster to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Attack Position, but it loses 1000 ATK, and if you do Summon this way, this card can attack once again during this Battle Phase.

Have I mentioned how I hate Abyss Splash?

Discuss

300px-Number32SharkDrake-GAOV-EN-UR-1E.p

Once per turn, when this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon the destroyed monster to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Attack Position, but it loses 1000 ATK, and if you do Summon this way, this card can attack once again during this Battle Phase.

Have I mentioned how I hate Abyss Splash?

Discuss

I assume because Abyss Splash usurped this card? It's disappointing.

One thing can be said about Shark Drake: Badass.

I think this is a bit underrated, but there are so many amazing Rank 4s with 2 or 3 Materials that this card is just never going to get the love it deserves in most Decks that can make it. It can do a lot of damage, but it's inflexible whereas most of the other good Rank 4s have flexibility as a huge plus.

I assume because Abyss Splash usurped this card? It's disappointing.

One thing can be said about Shark Drake: Badass.

I think this is a bit underrated, but there are so many amazing Rank 4s with 2 or 3 Materials that this card is just never going to get the love it deserves in most Decks that can make it. It can do a lot of damage, but it's inflexible whereas most of the other good Rank 4s have flexibility as a huge plus.

I consider it to be on the same level as Heraldry Crest; it can do things, but the things it does aren't usually good enough to justify using it instead of guys like Ouroboros or Masquerade. 

As for Abyss Splash, I actually like him, but I have to wonder if Shark even remembers this guy exists anymore.

This card is one of my personal faves with Rank 4 decks...until 104 came out.

Sorry fishy friend.

As for Abyss Splash, I actually like him, but I have to wonder if Shark even remembers this guy exists anymore.

No, he remembers.

He just learned, like me, that in a battle with Abyss Splash vs all the other Numbers Abyss Splash sucks balls and is inconsistent to get out even in his own deck.

A monster than can boost to 9600 in one turn...? Why not? But I do agree it could of been nerfed to a lesser extent

Yeah that's why I edited in "big"

Doing it twice is a bit much, I guess. But at least let us have the darn battle damage.

Anyyyy way....Nothing like asking for this guy and the C32 for Christmas and getting 3 C32s and 1 32. At least they were 2 Ultras and a Ghost. XD

I still have Shark Drake in my Extra. Partially because I don't have Oburous or 104, but mostly because this thing is badass. I can see Shark/Nasche using Shark Drake against Yuma. Just like how I can see Yuma used Revise and Armored Xyz.

This upcoming Shark vs Yuma duel is probably the last chance for Drake to show his face again, and hopefully get a better Chaos form than Weiss.

Archived