Numbers 1-4: Gate of Numeron - Ekam, Dve, Trini, Catvari [ANIME]

300px-Number01GateofNumeronEkam.png300px-Number02GateofNumeronDve.png300px-Number03GateofNumeronTrini.png300px-Number04GateofNumeronCatvari.png

Machine/Xyz/Effect

3 Level 1 monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle except with "Number" monsters. After damage calculation, when this card battles: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; double the ATK of all "Numeron" monsters you control.

Basically they all have the same effect, but at least we know what Numbers 1-4 are now. discuss?

So instead of these:

300px-Number1InfectionBaalZebul-JP-Anime300px-Number2ShadowMosquitoNinja-JP-Anim300px-Number3HellCicadaKingLocustKing-JP

300px-Number4StealthKragen-JP-Anime-ZX.p

We got these as the real Numbers?   I guess I'll live with it eventually.  I just really hope these things get nice buffs; maybe make them require 2 Level 1s each, and maybe even give each of them a unique effect that allows each of them to be used independently of one another.

I'm not even sure these are the real things (would be disappointing if they were). For all we know Donny made them on the spot, since we know he has the power to create false Numbers.

If there's been a trend with the Numbers here, it's that the Barians themselves tend to have the real deal (Master Key Beetle, Burner Viser, Soul Marionetter, Rhapsody in Berserk, [possibly] Des Chimera Dragon).

For all we know Donny-

254vkub.jpg

Yeah, I know you said Donny instead of Donnie.

OT: This topic was originally for one of the Numbers, but when I saw they had the same effects... the thread evolved to include all of them.

That aside, even though these monsters look like pieces of one giant gate, the 4 fake Numbers 1-4 were better imo. When I first saw them, I was like "These are the real Numbers?" I'll live with it eventually.

I really hope Konami still gives us the 4 Fake Numbers, just call them False Number 1: Blah

As bad as these might be, I'd rather that they complete the 100 real Numbers; hence, I'd rather have real Numbers being printed instead of the fakes, despite the fakes being more creative or interesting than their real counterparts.

Only redeeming factor for them is that the naming is sanskrit.

It might be a parallel of sorts to Eliphas' Egyptian theme with the New Orders; speaking of the New Orders, they too were more interesting than these.

The Gates can still be salvaged though, but it's up to Konami to do it; if they can make Cain and Abel more reasonable, they can make these more reasonable.

Looking at this I feel that Konami could in a way make all of the real 1~4 one monster together as Number one (since they do combine.) Then place 2~4 on the list for printed numbers and finally place the fake Number 1 somewhere random like say Number 81 where its identified its in their by its numeric term but as a different number from what it was meant to be with the meaning of...

8 - Rank 8
1 - Fake Number 1

If Konami did that, it would be plausible to some extent.

Looking at this I feel that Konami could in a way make all of the real 1~4 one monster together as Number one (since they do combine.) Then place 2~4 on the list for printed numbers and finally place the fake Number 1 somewhere random like say Number 81 where its identified its in their by its numeric term but as a different number from what it was meant to be with the meaning of...

8 - Rank 8
1 - Fake Number 1

If Konami did that, it would be plausible to some extent.

I'd be fine with this.

I just hope they print the original appearance Numbers 1-4 and disregard these entirely. These are absurdly uncreative whereas the Fake 1-4 were creative and interesting, even if they were kind of meh. Except No.1, which was AWESOME.

We can probably safely assume these Numbers are the real versions, since Don Thousand himself has these, and Don Thousand loaned Vector the fake versions. But the lore of Numbers is that the person who has them usually determines their identity based on their desires. Don Thousand in all likelihood has the ability to modify them (I've had the same theory about the Tron family and their Numbers for quite some time), and since his "true" form is Numeron focused, it makes sense that these Numbers are Numeron.

Seriously, these are so uncreative and bland that it'd be disgusting if they were printed like this.

Well I wasn't expecting this...

So my theory went out the window, based on Fake Number 10: Dark Illuminknight, I was kinda thinking that was a hint from the writers that although the Numbers 1-4 were seen to be fakes, they were fakes based on the 'real' Numbers that have the same look and exact effect, although possibly just different attribute or whatever, so they could just print them as they were or slightly altered versions and be like 'these are the real Numbers that Don Thousand based the fakes on from prior knowledge.' Or something like that. Besides, some of those 1-4 were quite alright.

But these are...

I'm glad thematically that the Door that's been cropping up since ep1 might finally get some explanation/plot relevance, etc, which has been needed for a while and wants clearing up at the end as is being suggested by these cards. But you'd think they'd all do different and slightly less underwhelming things, even if it was a setup like the Machine Emperor parts of something all boosting and protecting each other. And also, Don Thousand use Machines? So bored of Machines in this show.

Please Arc-V, don't have every duelist and his dog use Machines. There are 20 other types =/

I just hope they print the original appearance Numbers 1-4 and disregard these entirely.

This.
Also, to be fair, Number 4 was pretty original in it's own right as well. Mostly because of it's ability to effectively duplicate itself, and also be connected to another Xyz monster that it was capable of Summoning as well. So it was like another 53/92, but more playable(Or at least, as far as summoning goes).

Archived