Hootcake vs Angelly - A Madolche Discussion

That's a very small number of games to make that sort of assumption on.

It IS somewhat small, but at that point you can start developing ideas/opinions. You do have a point though. Spectrum is key here. I mean, he could have (he didn't have this deck, just using it) had Evilswarms, and fought nothing but Synchros and other high Level decks and then just said "dur hur Evilswarms are tier 0." Quantity is important, but not nearly as much is spectrum. The two do go hand in hand though. 

I have no idea what his matchups were, but my locals is generally dominated by Geargia, Evilswarm, Blackwings and Fire Fist variants. This particular day there was a pretty good player pool (a few people with YCS and Nationals tops) and my locals is quite short of those terrible annoying little kids playing 60 cards and stuff. Also if he did win (I didn't stay long enough to find out) then I know that he beat Noble Knights in top 2. He could equally have lost in top 4 though.

I know it is a long shot to assume that this one guy not dropping a single game for 5 rounds means Madolches are gonna be top tier, but I just thought I'd throw it out there considering he (obviously) didn't even have Anjelly.

EDIT: He lost in top 4.

It's still a lot different for one player to run lucky at one locals, than for multiple players to consistently do well with a certain deck at large events.

Especially since it's pretty clear that Madolche aren't exactly powerful before they get Anjelly.

I totally agree and tbh I think it was mostly down to the pilot. He is a pretty good player so I suppose he was able to win games where he didn't get his power plays off just with Majeline and whatnot.

And yeah, Madolches are plenty powerful enough, just not quite consistent enough. Anjelly has solved that problem.

Archived