Hootcake vs Angelly - A Madolche Discussion

300px-MadolcheHootcake-LTGY-EN-SR-1E.png V  MadolcheAngelly-PRIO-JP-OP.png

When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck, You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Madolche" monster from your Deck, except "Madolche Hootcake". You can only use this effect of "Madolche Hootcake" once per turn.

When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Shuffle this card into the Deck. You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Madolche" monster from your Deck. It cannot be destroyed by battle, also shuffle it into the Deck during your next turn's End Phase. You can only use this effect of "Madolche Angelly" once per turn.

Both have been in the game long enough now, and both of them have had the most impact on the Madolche archtype. But the question is: Which one is more or less, 'bad' for the game? Personally, I find Hootcake is still the problem, even more so because Angelly exists now. What do you guys think? Was Angelly a mistake? Or will she justify the limiting of Hootcake?

it's cost literally isn't even counterproductive to the deck at all.

Name one, just ONE deck that has a "cost" that is counter productive and still played today. Konami tossed out "drawback" a long time ago.

But yeah, Hootcake is the only real issue here. Angelly is just mean/leave a rock on the field.

since Angelly exist, im pretty sure that Hoot will get hit soon, maybe go straight from unlimited to limited or maybe semi-limited. but for Tiaramisu, even it's eff is broken, it still need specific requirement, so unless Madolche is as powerful as former Dragon Rulers, it won't get hit so easily

Anyone that says Tiramisu is the problem doesn't understand the enabler vs enabled argument.

If the deck becomes too good, either one of these could stand to go; Not Tiramisu.

Tiaramisu is still a terrible designed card that can +4 by itself while clearing the field. Somehow I feel this is bad whether it's the enabled or not.

OK so I was at locals today and a guy went 5-0 in Swiss not even dropping a single game as well as winning his top 8 match 2-0. When I left he was 1-1 against Fire Fist. I'd say this deck is pretty underrated as it is and Anjelly will just make it ridiculous.

Archived