Sailor Moon 2014

Astro Dude

I just got some major news. You Sailor Moon fans are gonna freak:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-12-23/sailor-moon-dub-cast-reunites-at-anime-expo-2014

Check it. According to the article, the dub cast of Sailor Moon is reuniting for Anime Expo 2014. Two of them reunite with their old friends for the first time in almost 20 YEARS. Long time. If this is the case, maybe there is hope for a dub.

So is there a set date for this? Is there some sort of trailer or something?
I've been hearing about a Sailor Moon remake for a while in this section, and I'm very curious about seeing updated animation of them.

I remember the old show more as in "foolish and comical" more than an actually serious story. IDK, I was 4 years old when I watched it back in the early 90's (In Mexican Spanish dub). 

Hopefully the remake is better than what was done with Dragon Ball Kai. Which I appreciate the editing and recoloring and altering a few energy balls to look more impressive here and there, but my Country didn't give them the origial VAs which are like, legendary over here and the remake still didn't look new enough so the opening was really misleading.  In short, it was a noble attempt but it was kind of half-assed.

I wanna give this a shot. Sailor Moon IS the first thing that comes to mind when the term "Magical girl" is used, followed by Cardcaptor Sakura. Everything after, as good as it can get (Madoka), is derived from these so ... or maybe I'm just that old.

I'm getting side-tracked here. 

The point is, I wanna know more.

I remember the old show more as in "foolish and comical" more than an actually serious story. IDK, I was 4 years old when I watched it back in the early 90's (In Mexican Spanish dub). 

English version wasn't really anything different from that.
I mean, Sarina(w/e)'s personality was exaggerated to no end, but she instantly became serious cat upon entering the battle field.
So it was always amusing to see different sides of her, and how it gives the vewer more insight on the kind of character she is.

But anyway... Nice to know the rumors about this remake were true O,o

While I don't care about a dub, since I am only likely to watch this once, and more likely as soon as I can, I've been meaning to check this out considering I remember watching only very little of the old stuff, and I wouldn't consider this to not be some sort of reboot after this long. Nevertheless, they keep delaying it. But it seems like this is the most official confirmation of an air date so far, so I will be hoping that it won't end up taking any longer  http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-09/new-sailor-moon-anime-by-toei-to-start-in-july

Still not assuming anything until visual and/or PV though.

Excuse me a moment.

*Leaves to go to Himalayan mountains*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Comes back*

Phew, glad I got that out of my system.

Edit: Here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-01-13/more-sailor-moon-dub-cast-announced-for-anime-expo

Eh? Ehhh?

Archived