Kokoro Connect

Agro

And here I am for my anime discussion raid.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/kokoro-connect

Aired last year, but maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Pretty good show. Goes Hitchcock at about episode 5.

Basically, it's about a group of high school kids (shocker) that one day get visited by this dude named Heartstone (or balloon vine, depending on the translator) who possesses people to talk to them. Anyway, this dude starts up this weird thing where the characters will switch bodies with each other at random. The whole show is character driven, focused on their development and relationships and it's really fucking good.

There's like 4 episodes that only appear on the DVD because of a scandal or something, but they don't matter because compared to the rest of the show, they're garbage.

You know what, I do have to agree on both that Michi Random was severely lacking compared to the rest of the series, but that it gave the series a much better conclusion. So yes, I could agree that it was garbage compared to the rest, but after it being so long since it was first aired, having the time for me to truly decide that it was indeed my favorite of the season it aired in, I still really liked it and found it made things better than than the show already was.

Huh?

Michi Random was what gave the series a proper closure and made things better than the show already was .-.

The whole conflict in Michi Random was one of the shoddiest twists I've ever seen. They brought back an issue they had already resolved in the first 5 episodes. (which led up to Episode 5, which was far and away my favorite episode)

The ending was a lot better, yeah, sure. I'm really happy how it ended with Inaba. But the closure was still there in episode 13 and it actually worked. They gave the impression that Heartseed was done & everything was good. So I would disagree that it isn't "proper" closure.

Most every conflict they'd introduced, they handled. Except for who would get Taichi (was that his name? Wasn't that the Digimon Fusion kid's name?), but who he actually chose was never seriously presented as problematic for the other characters, nor was it presented as the final goal of the show (which was to be rid of Heartseed). Heartseed's goal was quite obviously to bring about change in each of the characters and let each of them get to know each other better. He succeeded with that on every character in the first 13 episodes. The only character that didn't in those episodes was the main guy, but I'd argue that that doesn't happen in Michi Random either. The last 4 episodes just didn't make any sense.

(sorry for coming back after I said I'd leave, but I just wanted to put down my full opinion of Michi Random)

They gave the impression that Heartseed was done & everything was good. So I would disagree that it isn't "proper" closure.

Most every conflict they'd introduced, they handled. Except for who would get Taichi (was that his name? Wasn't that the Digimon Fusion kid's name?), but who he actually chose was never seriously presented as problematic for the other characters, nor was it presented as the final goal of the show (which was to be rid of Heartseed). Heartseed's goal was quite obviously to bring about change in each of the characters and let each of them get to know each other better. He succeeded with that on every character in the first 13 episodes. The only character that didn't in those episodes was the main guy, but I'd argue that that doesn't happen in Michi Random either. The last 4 episodes just didn't make any sense.

(sorry for coming back after I said I'd leave, but I just wanted to put down my full opinion of Michi Random)

I never really got the impression that Heartseed was ever really completely and fully done with. Never completely. I don't know why because I'm sure there was the impression that it tried to give-
But I do know that the light novels go on even longer than all of what the anime adapted, so that could definitely be partly why.

Taichi was the name of the first Digimon guy. And I know I'm stupid for being unable to give evidence for wait I'm about to say, but I really never got the impression that Michi Randdom made no sense. I know that I have less to complain about than others I've heard, as well, but I've still never heard of it just not making any sense before.

Archived