Pokemon Origins

Astro Dude

What do you think of Pokemon Origins?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is Pokemon Origins what you expect?

• Yes it is
    • No it is not
    • Sort of
  2. 2. Who's a better Brock?

• Eric Stuart
    • Bill Rogers
    • Johnny Yong Bosch

Well, Pokeon Origins has come out dubbed and quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised. Out of all the cast they kept one guy from the anime. But the other three were va's from other games. Red is voiced by the guy who was Asbel Lhant (18), Brock was voiced by Ichigo Kurosaki and Prof. Oak is voiced by Richter Abend from Dawn of the New World. This has thrown me for a loop. Even though I haven't seen it yet. But the style is so good. And the story, man I wish Ash made this kind of progress.

So discuss if you'd like.

I'm only watching the english version of Pokemon: The Origin metaphorically to see how it is in conjunction with the japanese version, and whilst the english version is good to a degree, I still liek'd the japanese version better.

Indeed. I mean they got JYB, the guy behind the Black Ranger of MMPR, Emil Castagnier, and Ichigo Kurosaki as Brock.

Will keep this open as the other topics last post was over 1 month ago.

Thanks Yin. I bet there were a lot of people waiting for this?

True, but is this a sign of things to come in the anime, like Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon?

update: More voices.

A woman named Dorothy Fahn, sister in Law of the well known Melissa Fahn, known for portraying Meryl in Trigun is Nurse Joy. Kinda makes you wonder if she'll be Nurse Joy in XY.

Christina Vee, who voiced Layla in an episode of Adventures in Unova, is a Lass and two Nidoran. You know her as Mio in K-on.

Laura Post, aka neptunia's Arfoire and Magic and Skullgirls Valentine is Red's Mom. More as it develops.

Kirk Thornton, Saix, is Mr. Fuji.

Christine Marie Cabanos, Squid Girl, Filia, Keina Swaya, Nepgear, etc, is Reina.

There were a few things I noticed when watching the dub:

• Charmanders squealing when Squirtle was biting him was removed
• Dialogue was changed with the whole death of cubones mother

These are understandable changes though, but one thing that annoyed me a little was that they still kept the Japanese text when Red opens his pokedex, it would've been nice if they translated it

Yeah. This is the biggest controversy since Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon, made when 4kids had given up on Pokemon. Everyone thought: "I thought Stan Hart would repriese his role of Prof. Oak, instead they give it to Aizen? What are you guys thinking?"

Others are all, "Ichigo as Brock? COOL!"

But like I said, when eps 3 and 4 come out we will either paise them or riot.

Archived