Secret Santa - Anime Edition 2013

Cin

For my Secret Santa I was given Clannad and (presumably after I finished it) Clannad After Story.

I did not watch either because I did not know of a reliable place to watch it streaming online. Not youtube, not crunchyroll, and I didn't wanna risk some spyware filled Russian site or fill up my harddrive with a torrent.

Merry Christmas.

For my Secret Santa I was given Clannad and (presumably after I finished it) Clannad After Story.

I did not watch either because I did not know of a reliable place to watch it streaming online. Not youtube, not crunchyroll, and I didn't wanna risk some spyware filled Russian site or fill up my harddrive with a torrent.

Merry Christmas.

Sorry 'bout that, the guy who was supposed to give you the anime didn't reply after I inquired him/her for another. Really though, there's tons of streaming sites available, and you could just download and delete when you're done.

Merry Christmas.

You could've just asked for a good/safe site. I'm sure 90% of us pirate the stuff we watch.

Oh... I'm not done Cowboy Bebop. Forgot about it.

I finished in time, 3:00am this morning, but I made it in time.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya(season 1. Not Today Endless Eight!)

Crispin Freeman and his snark was great. I liked the school festival episode the best, showing Haruhi's compassionate side. But The wacky adventure episodes were fun.

Angel Beats!

That's some sad stuff, but the last episode graduation ceremony made me tear up more the the final moments. I think that's the main flaw i have with Angel Beats! It's sometimes TOO sad. Hurts the Willing Suspension of Disbelief. The comedy bits hit their mark more often than the emotional beats.In all seriousness tho, the graduation ceremony made me tear up more the the final moments. I think that's the main flaw i have with Angel Beats! It's sometimes TOO sad. Hurts the Willing Suspension of Disbelief. The comedy bits hit their mark more often than the emotional beats. That said, the opening is Awesome, AND I've bought it in this year's RightStuf Sale. 

Iwasawa hit me the most, due to a combination the realism of the story, the song(which they pulled out on me in the last episode. ;-; Low blow), and Luci Christian's performance:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc5GCDSgWQI[/media]

AnoHana

This one's a little harder to quantify. It's quite pretty, the animation in particular. I like the character drama, and their relatability. But, i dont know. I didnt have grandiose crying like I expected. It might have been the resolutions to some character arcs. Or how EVERY episode has a character crying. Enjoyed it, not immensely, but i'll likely visit it again when the mood strikes me.

Love, Chuunibyo & Other Delusions

This is the one I had the lowest expectations for. And it easily exceeded them. Sweet, adorable, and endearing. Don't we all have that childish side to us with an active imagination? The Battle scenes were really cool. Didn't waste time with the "Will they, won't they" I think it did the comedy better than the emotional elements(Or maybe that's just because I was more in the mood for comedy). I liked all the characters (maybe not Dekomori). The opening's kind of an eye-strain tho. And I made it through without thinking about--...Oh no...--

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9O1TMJyhmw[/media]

Though on the note, I did appreciate the care shown to derrieres. and now I can look forward to season 2.

-------

Enjoyed everything I received, Thank you Santa! Really I should've watched some of these much sooner, but this was the push I needed. I noticed an overall theme of growing up and into the world (though you could make the argument that 100s of anime do this), moving on from Death too, to a lesser extent. 

Also, I was your Santa Ene. Glad you enjoyed your gift. I admit the first few suggestions i thought of you had already seen(Sora No Woto). I like your taste.

I wanted a safe one.

Not my style.

There are many safe ones. You're acting like if it's not a certified paid streamer site or youtube it's going to be full of viruses.

And well, the option was available and you didn't take it. When it's not just preference, but actually avoiding doing it, I do kinda feel like asking why you don't want to download/torrent/delete.

Also, I was your Santa Ene. Glad you enjoyed your gift. I admit the first few suggestions i thought of you had already seen(Sora No Woto). I like your taste.

Yeah, thanks. And since it's after 25th (guess I was too busy yesterday) just gonna say I was Thar's Santa.

I finished in time, 3:00am this morning, but I made it in time.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya(season 1. Not Today Endless Eight!)

Crispin Freeman and his snark was great. I liked the school festival episode the best, showing Haruhi's compassionate side. But The wacky adventure episodes were fun.

Angel Beats!

That's some sad stuff, but the last episode graduation ceremony made me tear up more the the final moments. I think that's the main flaw i have with Angel Beats! It's sometimes TOO sad. Hurts the Willing Suspension of Disbelief. The comedy bits hit their mark more often than the emotional beats.In all seriousness tho, the graduation ceremony made me tear up more the the final moments. I think that's the main flaw i have with Angel Beats! It's sometimes TOO sad. Hurts the Willing Suspension of Disbelief. The comedy bits hit their mark more often than the emotional beats. That said, the opening is Awesome, AND I've bought it in this year's RightStuf Sale. 

Iwasawa hit me the most, due to a combination the realism of the story, the song(which they pulled out on me in the last episode. ;-; Low blow), and Luci Christian's performance:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc5GCDSgWQI[/media]

AnoHana

This one's a little harder to quantify. It's quite pretty, the animation in particular. I like the character drama, and their relatability. But, i dont know. I didnt have grandiose crying like I expected. It might have been the resolutions to some character arcs. Or how EVERY episode has a character crying. Enjoyed it, not immensely, but i'll likely visit it again when the mood strikes me.

Love, Chuunibyo & Other Delusions

This is the one I had the lowest expectations for. And it easily exceeded them. Sweet, adorable, and endearing. Don't we all have that childish side to us with an active imagination? The Battle scenes were really cool. Didn't waste time with the "Will they, won't they" I think it did the comedy better than the emotional elements(Or maybe that's just because I was more in the mood for comedy). I liked all the characters (maybe not Dekomori). The opening's kind of an eye-strain tho. And I made it through without thinking about--...Oh no...--

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9O1TMJyhmw[/media]

Though on the note, I did appreciate the care shown to derrieres. and now I can look forward to season 2.

-------

Enjoyed everything I received, Thank you Santa! Really I should've watched some of these much sooner, but this was the push I needed. I noticed an overall theme of growing up and into the world (though you could make the argument that 100s of anime do this), moving on from Death too, to a lesser extent. 

Glad you liked everything! Needless to say I was your Santa.

And sorry whoever gave me Fate/Zero, I wasn't able to finish it in time. But I started it yesterday and I'm on episode 5 and liking it so far.

Archived