Yūsha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shūshoku o Ketsui Shimashita

I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job.

The story revolves around Raul, a boy who did not become a Hero, since the demon lord was already defeated just before his Hero exams. His dreams dashed, Raul spends his days working at a magic shop in the capital. One day, a part-time job seeker appears at the shop with an amazing résumé:

Name: Phino
Previous Occupation: Demon Lord Heir
Motive: Because my father was defeated

The work comedy revolves around this former Hero-in-training and the daughter of the demon lord.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Couldnât_Become_a_Hero,_So_I_Reluctantly_Decided_to_Get_a_Job.

This shit's got way too much fanservice. The girls' chests move more than their faces when they speak. It's incredibly distracting.

Anyway, it sounded like an okay premise to me, but some other people I know say it sounds similar to some other anime where the Demon Lord gets defeated and then needs a job. IDK. But... I kinda thought it was okay so far. =\

Discuss I guess? IDK.

It does sound similar, it really does.

My deal is, Hataraku Maou-sama! was hilarious enough for me to give this a try, even though anything I've tried before that regarding demon lords and heroes I really could not stand. That may be because they're all really so different, these ones being more comedic than anything, but yeah.

I'm not dismissing it because of it's similarities, I wanted it to be at least okay, and I think it is exactly okay so far, but just that. It's got way too much fanservice and while I have been chuckling a few times here and there (especially the later episodes), there are plenty of funnier shows out there (Hataraku included).

Archived