Mori Kouji & the 3 works I have read by him

Mori Kouji

​If there is a Mangaka that I truly admire, it's him.

He has done these three Manga

1. Destroy and Revolution (Ongoing)
  2. Holyland (Finished)
  3. Suicide Island (Ongoing)

Destroy and Revolution: Makoto is a quiet, unobtrusive boy with passable looks and average grades. The last thing he expects is to be noticed by Yuuki - a model student who is as popular as he is notorious for his brilliance, his looks...and his uncanny knack for always having his way with everyone.

Thus begins the fateful partnership between a nondescript high-school student with budding supernatural powers and an intelligent, charming young terrorist-in-the-making.

This is his latest work and while I dont consider it his best. I would still say you should read it. And I know I might get bashed for this but I find it better then Death Note in the Terrorist regard.

Holyland: Yuu is a high school kid who doesn't really fit anywhere. To find a place he can belong, be accepted, he will do anything. However one thing leads to another and he is forced to fight to keep his place, his holyland.

If your into Martial Arts Manga this one might be up your alley. Especially if you prefer something more realistic unlike say "Histories Strongest Disciple: Kenichi". 

Suicide Island: Treating non-successful suicidal patients requires a lot of money and resources. With low budget and a personal respect argumentation, a doctor will ask a non-successful suicidal patient if he/she still wants to live on or not. If not the government will respect his/her wish. However, the government doesn't just simply kill them.

This one has similarities to Holyland but the difference here I would say is the setting is more extreme. 

I wont go any further in detail to these three so go and find out yourself. And please, I know some people dont like his art style but give it a chance.

God, Suicide Island is amazing. Been a long while since I read something quite as amazing as it. The artstyle is admittingly, a kind of charm that only helps express the heaviness of the manga even better.

I know right. I find one of Mori's strong points is his ability to express a philosophy.

Has anyone else given any of these a shot?

Archived