DO YOU EVEN HAPPY [Yuru Yuri]

Astolfo

I think this is one of the only Shoujo animes that I could actually watch straight through without forcing myself to enjoy it. I don't know why, but after watching this, I tried watching others similar to it, and they just don't come to par with it.

Kyoko is my definition of awesome. She's who inspired me to try Rum Raisin ice cream. It's now my favorite over Cherry Chocolate Chip, which is saying a helluva lot.

I think this is one of the only Shoujo animes that I could actually watch straight through without forcing myself to enjoy it. I don't know why, but after watching this, I tried watching others similar to it, and they just don't come to par with it.

There is possibly a good reason for that. Said reason is likely that it is not a shoujo. Considering the magazine(s) the manga was in, it's a lot easier to say this is shounen or seinen, seinen being the more likely of the two. There are a lot of seinen slice of lifes, and this just happens to be one of them. I've watched a fair number of both that and shoujo, and I can fairly easily tell. The art being one of the reasons.

I'd say this is one of the funniest anime I've watched, I even cryed from laughing so hard once. I hope there would be a season three.

There is possibly a good reason for that. Said reason is likely that it is not a shoujo. Considering the magazine(s) the manga was in, it's a lot easier to say this is shounen or seinen, seinen being the more likely of the two. There are a lot of seinen slice of lifes, and this just happens to be one of them. I've watched a fair number of both that and shoujo, and I can fairly easily tell. The art being one of the reasons.

I might have had those two genres flip flipped. After looking both of them up, I saw that Shoujo meant "young girl" and seinen meant "young boy", which I thought were manga/anime where the characters were of that particular sex. Instead, it's actually the AUDIENCE that the genre was mentioning, at least from my understanding of the common market.

Well, it's not really genres, more like it's just the target audience/demographic, but yeah, audience is what Shoujo (when talking about a specific anime) is usually used for. I mean, sometimes it's used as a genre, but it's not really much of a real genre compared to other things.

When I said "shoujo", I thought it was a genre that depicted of a group of girls in a school setting, like Ai-Mai-Mi, Yuru Yuri, YuYuShiki, and Chronicles of the Going Home Club. They all came up when I searched "Shoujo" on Crunchyroll.

That's weird, since I rarely ever hear that being a meaning for it. Although now that I think about it, I've never actually used the search function on Crunchyroll much. Well, some of or all could be Shoujo Ai, which is less of a thing but could be used as a genre meaning a generally lighter yuri, so I wonder if there's that to take into account, cause I don't think there rest are, but I know MAL has that included in Yuru Yuri's genres.

Akari is the main character.... she really is ;~;

It's one of my favorite shows now.

Funny I discovered it because I was told I was similar to a character in it.

There is really no character that I disliked, which is rare for me to find an anime like that.

Archived