Saint Seiya

Probably my favorite anime ever. I remember it as Knight Of The Zodiac (Vaguely) along with Ronin Warriors. Recently started watching Saint Seiya again...holy shit, there is a lot of blood, and several body parts being removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu533OKYHyc

^Sidenote: Listen to the very beginning of this (before he shouts Saint Seiya) and the beginning of Shingeki No Koyjin's first opening. AM I crazy in thinking the two would sync up?

Anywho, the original run of this start in '86 and ran for around 116 episodes, I think. Then came several others such as Hades and (I think) Poseidon, and more recently, Saint Seiya Omega (in itself, 60+ episodes and just renewed in April for a second season).

Discuss.

• 3 weeks later...

Saint Seiya? Shit yes, son.

I watched it as a kid (it's amazingly popular here, and it's still getting reruns) and loved it. Started watching it again a couple of weeks ago. It's gory, but lemme tell ya, it's nothing compared to Hellsing. 

By the way, Poseidon was the last arc of the original run, Hades was released as an OVA later.

Saint Seiya? Shit yes, son.

I watched it as a kid (it's amazingly popular here, and it's still getting reruns) and loved it. Started watching it again a couple of weeks ago. It's gory, but lemme tell ya, it's nothing compared to Hellsing. 

By the way, Poseidon was the last arc of the original run, Hades was released as an OVA later.

Oh heavens no. BUt I didn't expect a dude's ear to get cut off, and then Ikki's head and such.

I had to stop. I was watching it subbed, but around episode 60 somebody else took over...and the sub made ZERO sense. They even started calling Ikki "Yafai" and the Cloths became "stoles". It was horrible.

I wish I could finish it. But I might have to move straight on to Omega.

Archived