The Next Mechanic or Series?

I feel as though this should be in Banlists and Theory.

Anyway, it's kind of hard to really say. They have pretty much done anything they really can, so unless they want to invent something new again, like how they did with Xyz Material, and them not actually being on the field, I can't really find out of any. I am feeling like they need to make it as fast as Xyz Monsters are, since all modern Decks are based around that, and if the new monsters arn't actually worth playing, because they're slow, or they are like Synchro Monsters, and cannot be played by all Deck-types, then that would be bad for the Konami, since nobody would want to buy the new good cards. Of course some people buy them anyway, but in general, I feel like that would be the case most of the time.

Now, what I would wish for is maybe not having anything at all new, at least not in terms of ED. Instead, I feel like they should expand on Fusion Monsters and Ritual Monsters instead. Maybe you can have something in the Main Deck instead, or maybe it could be something else, like, having 3-5 cards always ready to use (like Infinity Wars does). If that would be a bad idea or not I cannot tell, though it would make it more interesting in my book. The colour though? I got no idea, maybe a form of Red or something like that.

I have no idea, honestly. Before JOTL and SHSP (the two sets that made me think maybe Konami is interested in turning the game around), I figured the next series (if any) would have "Free Monsters" - Level 4 or lower monsters that you Normal Summon right out of the Extra Deck. Perhaps their "Balancing factor" would be that they use 2 card spots in the Extra deck and on the field (but they together always act as '1 card', even as Xyz material).
Another idea raised was like Xyz but for Types (or Attributes). For example, a material could day "2 FIRE monsters" and if you had them out, you could use them to summon that kind of Extra Deck monster (which Red would probably be a good color for).

But it's probably going to be an all-new mechanic for the Extra Deck (which makes the Dustons bad again).

Archived