WataMote ~No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!~

Kuroki Tomoko is a super popular, high school girl who has had 50 years of dating experience and 100 boys... in the Otome game world. In the real world, she is a 15-year-old shut in who has all of the qualities of a "mojo" (a gloomy or unpopular woman).

However, when school isn't going as she expected, and she isn't as popular as she had thought she was, she takes a look at herself in the mirror for the first time in a few years, and has some shocking revelations...

So yeah.

Cringe inducing anime and manga.

In the best way possible. Though most of Tomoko's problems are 100 percent genuinely her fault. You can't even pretend to dislike the other characters because they're all just so nice and upbeat and there only real crime is not acknowledging Tomoko, but she doesn't even speak to them so again, it's all her fault.

tl;dr - I like it. Well... I don't ACTUALLY like it, since it's terribly cringe inducing, but go ahead and watch if you're into that sort of thing, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

It's actually a little less cringe inducing than I thought. Still terribly so, but I mean, I knew I wasn't similar to Tomoko in the fact of wanting to be popular, cause just... I'm fine as long as I do have some friends, that's what really counts. But her being so terrible at speaking, that made me realize we are a little more similar than I thought before watching. So I get why so many people seem to have similarities with her, it's not just one reason, that's why. I think.

Found the nursing of Tomoki to be the most hilarious part so far, and episode 4 was just embarrassing. Well, the most embarrassing.

Watching episode 6 made me realize that there are two Vocaloids that sing different endings this season. Huh.

Eh, I guess so, but I found episode 8 to be much better. Probably because I don't like cringing but still find myself enjoying this series. I mean, there were a few close calls, but it basically didn't happen this episode for me. Tomoko's cousin knows... and what's more, she's cute! <3

I wouldn't go out and straight up lie and cheat like that, but that sure was enjoyable, if a little expected.

• 4 weeks later...

This is still on the front page, so it doesn't count as necro bumping, right!? e_e

I've been busy as of late, so I didn't really have a chance to catch up on Watamote. I'll probably resume some time soon, not that anyone cares.

One thing I am dreading after reading the manga is the part where her cousin comes to visit. Have they gotten that far in the anime?

Archived