Blue-Eyed White Knight

Eury

yay BEWD 

uV22JFw.jpg

1 "Blue-Eyed Maiden" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. Until your opponent's next End Phase, it cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects. When this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyed Maiden" from your Graveyard. 

It's a pretty nice card for them, that's for sure. They still need a bit more to get them going, and this will work very well. It is a Warrior, so it isn't that normal type you really want in there. I don't really find it that unbalanced, but I do sugges that you at least put a "This effect of Blue-Eyed White Knight" can only be used once per turn" on it's effects, just so it can't make OTKs and such. Also, lower it's ATK just a little bit, to maybe 2100 or 2200.

My OCG fix: Hover your cursor over the dotted lines to read my reasons for the fixes. I do not repeat if you have made the flaw more than once, instead will it be bold (if any). Anything in italic is simple typos (if any). Also, if you have the time, check out my OCG Thread.

1 "Blue-Eyed Maiden" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned[acronym='When a condition has been met, you must put in a colon to indicate that it starts a chain.']:[/acronym] Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. Until your opponent's next End Phase, it cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects. When this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyed Maiden" from your Graveyard.

O-O Pulling big beaters straight from the deck? Making that beater invincible for a turn? Then reviving the tuner used to summon it, which also has the ability to summon big beaters? Good sir I believe your card is overpowered. First, I'd bump down the ATK to 2k or 2100. Then I'd put some sort of attack restriction on the effect like "the summoned monster can't attack that turn", "you cannot attack directly during the turn you use this effect" or "this monster cannot attack the turn you use this effect". After that it's passable, but still not the best card design.

O-O Pulling big beaters straight from the deck? Making that beater invincible for a turn? Then reviving the tuner used to summon it, which also has the ability to summon big beaters? Good sir I believe your card is overpowered. First, I'd bump down the ATK to 2k or 2100. Then I'd put some sort of attack restriction on the effect like "the summoned monster can't attack that turn", "you cannot attack directly during the turn you use this effect" or "this monster cannot attack the turn you use this effect". After that it's passable, but still not the best card design.

This can only use its effect once though. Maiden pulls off its effect once a turn, as does Azure Eyes. Yeah Azure can only pull out of the Grave, but BEWD is always in the Grave anyways. And its a 3000 DEF wall. 

And this card only makes the BEWD invincible. Azure makes every dragon invincible to card effects. But meh.

It does too much stuff. Once it Special Summons Blue-eyes that should be it. This monster is LIGHT and has 2400 atk. The protection and reborning its Synchro material is too much. I don't like to repeat myself, but now the form has some bogus rule about being short and to the point.

Got no idea what you guys are talking about, all this card needs is a OPT and a lower ATK. You're basically wasting your protection and a random Level 4 to get this out. Maiden plays with the fact that your opponnet isn't allowed to do anything, they can EASILY get rid of this card. Also, if you want to, you can put a "This card must be face-up/in the Graveyard to activate and to resolve this effect" for both effects to balance it out even more.

What do you mean by OPT and the game to me seems to ss and destruction happy. There should be more restriction or costs on bringing out big stuff. It's getting ridiculous.

It stands for "Once per turn". Oh, and yes it is. That's just how the current game is, you gotta deal with that, this isn't more broken than Maiden is at all.

Got no idea what you guys are talking about, all this card needs is a OPT and a lower ATK. You're basically wasting your protection and a random Level 4 to get this out. Maiden plays with the fact that your opponnet isn't allowed to do anything, they can EASILY get rid of this card. Also, if you want to, you can put a "This card must be face-up/in the Graveyard to activate and to resolve this effect" for both effects to balance it out even more.

1. You mean that protection that

a.  Has probably spawned 1 Blue-Eyes already.

b.  Does nothing but wall with 3k meatshields, whereas this goes on the agro side.

This also becomes a mind game: "I can't get rid of Maiden now because he'll spawn a Blue-Eyes, but I also can't leave it because he might Synchro up and spawn a Blue-Eyes from there!"

2.  Oh no, a level 4 monster, suuuuch a big sacrifice!  /summoner monk/photon thrasher/rabbit/rai-oh/etc.

3  Exactly.  Maiden is bad design in and of itself.  We at RC shouldn't be making poorly designed cards. 

You also seem to be forgetting that Blue-Eyes is a 3000 beater, which is nothing to trifle with.

Archived