YCM's Secret Anime Give-Away (Summer 2013) [Done]

1. I am doing this again because Hina asked me to summer is the perfect time to watch some awesome anime considering everyone isn't as busy as they were during the winter. 

2. Pretty much the same deal as before; you'll have a Secret Giver (idk, not like this is the time for Santa) who'll be giving you an anime(s) to watch within a couple weeks. Fill out the app in the spoiler below and once I pool all your info together, I'll send each participant the information of the person they're going to give an anime to.

3. Once I give you your person, DO NOT send your gift to them. Send your choice to me, the middleman, and I'll send them the choice.
[spoiler=App]
Link/spoiler of your anime list: (If you don't have one handy, just list some/most of the stuff you've seen and we'll work something out. I'll be the middleman, so I'll make sure you won't be given something you've seen)
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 

^If above is more than 12-14, would you want to receive 2-3+ animes as a gift that fits within your limit:
If there is a particular genre(s) you really aren't interested in:
Other: (stuff you might want your Secret Giver to keep in mind, examples being "I prefer character development above all else", "Don't give me something on my want to watch list, surprise me!" or "I like to avoid standard Shonen fare", etc.)

Feedback Award: Either answer N/A, Points, or Rep (see #6 for info).  
[/spoiler]
4. Conditions:
-Nothing ongoing.
-Must have subtitles/translation and be completely available to find.
-Don't be that guy and give your person something you know they won't enjoy. 
-Just keep in mind that someone might not like the anime you give them, that's okay.
-Just keep in mind that someone put some thought into recommending this to you (at least, I hope so) and they'll be looking out to see what you thought of it.

5. I'll give everyone four days to submit their information (as in due July 17), then I'll randomize pairings and try to get everyone their information that day or the next. 

6. Everyone has until July 31 to finish their animes.
I strongly recommend that you post your overall thoughts on what you watched by the end of the event. You are welcome to post them at any time up until July 31, so long as it's done by the deadline. It is optional, though.
BUT there's a twist this time.
For every piece of feedback given, I will give that person either one rep, or 300 points, whichever they prefer. For example, if one member watches 3 animes and posts their thoughts for each, they'll receive 3 reps or 900 points.
Or, if you want, you can mix it up by getting 2 reps and 300 points, or whatever combo you feel like. In which case, just post asking for a reward change along with the feedback you post.

7. If you finish the anime(s) you were given and decide you want to be given another one, ask me over PM and I'll have your Secret Giver send you another present!
However, if your Giver doesn't reply back within a day or two, I'll send a gift anime in their stead and inform you it was me on the last day.

8. I'll post who everyone had on August 1. Have fun watching!
Oh, and NO SPOILING WHO YOU HAVE, THAT RUINS THE "SECRET" PART.

[spoiler=List of participants]
Schwarzschild Black
StarS4
Yosuke-kun
-AixDivadis-
Junichirou Kagami
♥ D.A._Beelzemon ♥
YuYuHakusho13
Sumire
King of Games
*-*SoulFire*-*
Hinagiku Katsura
Ironically Sugoi
[/spoiler]

Link/spoiler of your anime list: 

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/TaintedBlack

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/TaintedBlack
The episode limit you are willing to watch: Ehh... Try to keep it under 20, if you would, but max of 30.
^If above is more than 12-14, would you want to receive 2-3+ animes as a gift that fits within your limit: No thank you.
If there is a particular genre(s) you really aren't interested in: Magical Girl, Mecha unless it's exceptional.
Other: No Yanderes, good character development is a plus, nothing too gory or disturbing, hopefully funny. Um... think that's it.

Feedback Award: Reps, but make sure you reward others first.

Link/spoiler of your anime list: 

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KyousukeLove (Currently watching)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KyousukeLove&status=2&order=0 (Completed)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KyousukeLove&status=3&order=0 (On-hold)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KyousukeLove&status=4&order=0 (Dropped)
The episode limit you are willing to watch: Since there are only a couple weeks, 10-13. Unsure if I'd be able to finish if it's any longer.
^If above is more than 12-14, would you want to receive 2-3+ animes as a gift that fits within your limit:
If there is a particular genre(s) you really aren't interested in:
Hentai, Yaoi, not all that interested in anything adapted from Josei or mecha. Not saying I can't enjoy those though, just no Hentai or Yaoi.
Other:  I probably enjoy a complete comedy, or something really funny with a bit of action more than anything else. No Yandere. And when I say no Yaoi, I'm fine with the average anime making jokes about it. I just don't want to watch a true Yaoi anime.

Feedback Award: Points.

[spoiler=Anime I've watched]

High School ofthe Dead

Naruto (watching)

Bleach

Baccano!

Problem Children Are Coming From Another World Aren't They? (also known as Mondaiji-tachi)

Steins Gate

SAO

Accel World

Deadman Wonderland

One Piece (dropped. Just didn't like it :T)

Fairy Tail (watching)

Katekyo Hitman REBORN!

Angel Beats

Persona 4

Devil Survivor 2

Attack on Titan (watching. Obviously)

Blood+

No Longer Human

School Days (DON'T WATCH IT)

Cowboy Bepop

Trigun

Ghost in the Shell

Tegami Bachi

Ao no Excorcist

A Certain Magical Index (dropped. Couldn't get into it)

Yumekui Merry (on hold)

Gurren Lagann

Dragonball

Dragonball Z

Shaman King

Death Note

Gundam Wing

Gundam 00

Gundam SEED

Toradora

K-On!

Gintama

Yeah that's all I can remember at the moment. I really need to put a list together x.x

[/spoiler]

Episode Limit: So long as it's not as long as One Piece, it's fine xD But please try to keep it under or around 50 episodes

Genre I'm not interested in: Any Moei or Slice-of-Life stuff ._. Nothing personal, I just don't find it entertaining. Also stay away from Hentei, Yuri, and especially Yoai. Not gonna have my little sister catch me watching any of that cap >3> Ecchi is usually a dar zone too, but I watched and loved HOTD so I guess ths is kind of a flexble area. Just kow the difference between ecchi and borderline hentei ._. Because there is one.

Other: Here's the problem. I recently started writing aime reviews, so I have high expectations in this area. I DO enjoy shonen anime most of the time, and absolutely loved the boss fights in SAO (even though the anime itself was just meh) but I also like witty comedy. By witty, I mean being able to induce laughter without making a dirty joke or having some kid freak out about making some small mistake on something (think along the lines of Gintama humor). Overall: good animation, good comedy, a solid plot that's not overly complicated for no reason, good action sequences, and heart-warming romance (if there is any). So long as the anime meet 3 of those five requirements, I'll probably enjoy it.

Feedback Reward: Can't really go wrong with reps.

Link/spoiler of your anime list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AixDivadis
The episode limit you are willing to watch: Under 20, preferably, but I'll go under 30 if it's something great.
If there is a particular genre(s) you really aren't interested in: I keep an open mind, though don't give me any hentai, yuri or yaoi. I typically don't like mecha or shoujo stuff, but I won't mind if it's something amazing.
Other: I'll watch mostly anything, though, don't give me something that you know is really bad. Typically, I like stuff with emotion, that pulls on my heart strings, and badass stuff. Oh, and don't give me something that is already on my to-watch list.
Feedback Award: Reps

Link/spoiler of your anime list:​ http://myanimelist.net/animelist/TheCreator9464
The episode limit you are willing to watch: I'll watch anything that doesn't go beyond 50 episodes

^If above is more than 12-14, would you want to receive 2-3+ animes as a gift that fits within your limit: Send as many as you want.
If there is a particular genre(s) you really aren't interested in: No Evangelion
Other: Surprise me

Feedback Award: Don't want anything

Link/spoiler of your anime list: Gantz, Vandread, Guyver: The Bio Boosted Armor, Witchblade
The episode limit you are willing to watch: 10-20
^If above is more than 12-14, would you want to receive 2-3+ animes as a gift that fits within your limit: Sure
If there is a particular genre(s) you really aren't interested in: I don't like absurdly muscled guys. No heavy fantasy please.
Other: I like powers, mature content (not hentia), and good character/plot development.

Feedback Award: Points

I'm not sure if I can enter, but I just want someone to narrow it down for me! :)

Link/Spoiler List of Anime You've Seen (I'm only putting ones I've finished/One I've kept up on):

1. Sword Art Online

2. Yu Yu Hakusho

3. Death Note

4. Bakuman

5. Dragon Ball Z

6. Rosario+Vampire

7. Naruto Shippuden

8. Bleach

9. Naruto

10. Shuffle!

11. Bobobobobobo (Stupid and don't choose anything too similiar to this.)

Episode Limit You Are Willing to Watch: Up to 50 episodes (It Might Change, but Probably Not)

^If above is more than 12-14, would you want to receive 2-3+ animes as a gift that fits within your limit: Maybe two or three 20-30 episode anime.

If there is a particular genre(s) you really aren't interested in: Nothing too depressing (Elfen Lied is a great example).

Other: Feel free to use suggestions from http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/304312-i-need-some-more-anime-to-watch-related-to-what-ive-watched-any-ideas/, and I'm watching a couple of anime right now, but if you send me one of those, thats okay with me. Thanks :)

Feedback Award: Rep

Edit: I just finished Steins;Gate, and it's my new favorite anime of all time! :)

Link/spoiler of your anime list: ...I've seen Yugioh, Pokémon, Digimon and Sailor Moon
The episode limit you are willing to watch: Unfortunately I'm pretty short on time during summer so I don't mind Anime with only a few episodes at all. Anything with less than 15 episodes would be ideal
^If above is more than 12-14, would you want to receive 2-3+ animes as a gift that fits within your limit: Sure, more than one suggestion is fine
If there is a particular genre(s) you really aren't interested in: Major focus on mecha or action, anything overly gory
Other: I like character development, yaoi and shonen ai, but otherwise I'm not too set. Comedic, tragic, something that makes you think or something uplifting - anything works as long as it isn't 80% action, adventure or cyborgs. I've always wanted to watch Nana (which I'm going to do this summer), so something with a similar plot would be great. (Strong female characters, 2D muscle or androgynous men are welcome.=o)
Feedback Award: Either

Link/spoiler of your anime list: http://hummingbird.me/users/6364-shonenjack/watchlist (lemme know if ya cant see the list)
The episode limit you are willing to watch: ~25
^If above is more than 12-14, would you want to receive 2-3+ animes as a gift that fits within your limit: Preferably
If there is a particular genre(s) you really aren't interested in: Dumb harem/ecchi, or if gore is the only selling point
Other: Bonus points for something with awesome music, and i like Genki girls. Any genre is good with me.
Feedback Award: Rep

Link/spoiler of your anime list: Claymore, Elfen Lied, Yu-Gi-Oh! Series', Gurren Laggan, Pokemon, Spirited Away
The episode limit you are willing to watch: ~25. Potentially more depending on how busy I am.
Feedback Award: Points

I haven't seen many animes but I would like to be introduced to good ones.

I don't see why there needs to be at least 10 people. It's not like we are pairing up to give anime.

Person 1 gives an anime to Person 2 who gives an anime to Person 3 who gives an anime to Person 4 who gives an anime to Person 5 who gives an anime to Person 6 who gives an anime to Person 7 who gives an anime to Person 8 who gives an anime to Person 9 who gives an anime to Person 1.

So is this cancelled?

No, we're good.

I don't see why there needs to be at least 10 people. It's not like we are pairing up to give anime.

Person 1 gives an anime to Person 2 who gives an anime to Person 3 who gives an anime to Person 4 who gives an anime to Person 5 who gives an anime to Person 6 who gives an anime to Person 7 who gives an anime to Person 8 who gives an anime to Person 9 who gives an anime to Person 1.

True.

Since I have work until 10 PM EST, I'll accept anyone who applies from now until I get back, then I should have everyone's person sent out by later tonight.

Link/spoiler of your anime list: myanimelist.net/animelist/Bidoofmydoof

The episode limit you are willing to watch: Under 100.

^If above is more than 12-14, would you want to receive 2-3+ animes as a gift that fits within your limit: No.

If there is a particular genre(s) you really aren't interested in: Nothing. Maybe not in the mood for a mech anime.

Other: No generic shounen, please. Shounen itself is alright, but not big three genre shounen.

Feedback Award: N/A, or something if it's asked.

Mine is all normal text with spaces JUST FOR FUSION.

Alrighty, time to give thoughts on the 1st anime I was gifted.

Baccano!

I honestly didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started watching. See, if you don't already know I dont watch much anime and have a high preference to manga. That being said I wanted to give anime in general a chance so I joined this. Anyways, moving on. As I started watching I was rather intrigued. Here I was watching an anime that was swapping from multiple perspectives through out time. Yet even with that being said I was able to follow it pretty darn well. As I got deeper the stories really started to unfold an answers to my questions began to appear. In the end, everything made sense and it all rapped up nicely. The best part though is that the story will keep going on. I love that way of thinking. No true end to a means. So to whomever gifted me this thank you.:)

PS: Gifter don't tell me who you are.

I watched: A Certain Magical Index

The first couple episodes really grabbed my interest. With an intriguing plot and great characters. I loved everything about it. Until the plot ended. After the first few episodes, the show just became random episodes compiled of the same characters with no over all plot. However, that was the only thing I didn't like about the show. The characters were beautifully designed, although I do think Toma was a bit... Over powered. If I had to rate the show out of 10 i'd give it a 7. I would highly recommend it to someone else!

And now I'm going to watch railgun... Thank you very much to my gifter! Would you mind giving another show for me please!!! :)

Finished Persona 4 the Animation. I liked the beginning where it was dark and mysterious with murders and urban legends. The rainy day when he arrived in town really set the scene (lol, go ahead and shoot me, but it reminded me A LOT of Twilight) and the murders that happened right after were great. I wish they kept that kind of atmosphere though, they could've still had the slice of life (which I don't mind, I really liked it, and it was funny) but have more murders and actual mystery happen in between that slice of life. They didn't have to always succeed in saving the person either, it would have made for good psychological drama. The times which they went into the TV world to rescue someone got repetitive with simply them looking around for the person, finding the person's Shadow with the person they were going to rescue and then the person rejecting the Shadow right while the main cast were telling them not to. The last few episodes were decent with them piecing together the clues, they should've had some of that mystery type of stuff throughout the show. Overall, it was good, but nothing amazing, and nothing particularly stood out for me.

I watched: A Certain Magical Index

The first couple episodes really grabbed my interest. With an intriguing plot and great characters. I loved everything about it. Until the plot ended. After the first few episodes, the show just became random episodes compiled of the same characters with no over all plot. However, that was the only thing I didn't like about the show. The characters were beautifully designed, although I do think Toma was a bit... Over powered. If I had to rate the show out of 10 i'd give it a 7. I would highly recommend it to someone else!

And now I'm going to watch railgun... Thank you very much to my gifter! Would you mind giving another show for me please!!! :)

You know there's Index 2, right? And I honestly hate Touma :/

Archived