Rozen Maiden (2013)

Cin

Anyone else excited for the anime?

I've just managed to find it to watch (already I know). We can do the usual spoiler thing.

[spoiler='Spoilers']

- Essentially the first episode is just a rehash of the anime/manga in a random order. Cutting out 99% of what happened in both. I mean by 18 minutes, they have Tale 21 (Suigintou steals the Rosa Mystica), 6 (Hina plays with Tomoe) and 34 (Kirakishou destroys Hina) going at the same time.

- Meimei seems to be Blue (Lempickia's colour) rather than Purple/Pink

- Meimei isn't the only articifical spirit to go through a colour change (Berrybell is now Pink rather than Red unless that's to tell it appart from Holie)

- So by the end of the randomized episode they get to the end of the original manga excluding Kirakishou's kidnap of Megu (which is important really given her effect on Gin-chan and that's why she's in most the manga at the restart)

- What just happened?

[/spoiler]

Bump

[spoiler='Episode 2']

- I like how they did Wind/Do Not Wind. It also shows how much impact the dolls had on getting Jun back to school.

- Rabbit Shipping, really Laplace's Demon? (I can't remember if the manga showed the shipping label.

- I still hate Unwound Jun's boss.

- Still not sure on Saitou.

- Episode seemed so short. That to quarter of the way through Tale 46 (Continuation 3)

[/spoiler]

Episode 1 is basically 43 tales of the manga in one go (until it's continuation at the end of Volume 8 ), since the manga differed from the original anime by Kirashishou being the 'villian' in the manga rather than Barashishou in the anime. I know it screwed it up majorly. It might be best to read the Rozen Maiden manga to Tale 43 then start at episode 2.

[spoiler='Episode 3]- Nothing really special about the episode, Shinku slapping Unwound Jun at the end reminded me how much I like her attitude.

- Only issue is how slow the anime is actually going, since they've gone a grand total of 3 manga tales down (one of them was just 'How To Make a Girl'. I miss Suigintou, if it wasn't for the introduction I would have thought they'd bail out really early [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Episode 5']

- The dolls seem a little smaller than I remember this may be due to have an older (teen) main cast currently. Just hope they fix that perceptive when Wound Jun makes his return.

- I liked how they brought up Megu and Suigintou's relationship, although I did like Suigintou's conversations with Kirakishou in the manga before Megu was taken (The anime hints that Suigintou had made no contact with Kirakishou prior to Megu being taken) and it seems in the manga that Megu's body was taken also rather than just her 'soul'. This makes me wonder if they will continue back in the Wound World like the manga.

- What bugged me is originally Suigintou mentioned she'd gone through an open Rabbit Hole to end up in the Unwound World, however the anime has her stating she opened the door herself (which turned out to be a Rabbit Hole), but the manga says if she'd opened the door herself it would have just opened to the N-Field since the Unwound World counts as a cancellation zone (a world with no potential). [/spoiler]

Archived