Starting to watch anime, any suggestions?

BOKU NO PICO *repeatedly shot*

Recommendations from anime I've watched

Shingeki no Kyojin

Angel Beats!

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai

Toradora!

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

Hataraku Maou-Sama

A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun

Little Busters!

[C]: Control - The Money of Soul and Possibility

Baka to Test

Suisei no Gargantia

Other anime that seems good from reviews I haven't watched yet (Not in order)

Code Geass

Oreimo

Yuru Yuri

Cowboy Bebop

Eden of the East

Kokoro Connect

Hayate the Combat Butler

There are loads of great anime. It's more or less in order, best to slightly less best (for the first category). Can't think of any more off the top of my head for right now. I'll edit this post if need be.

Out of the ones you have, Gurren Lagann is a great one. Hellsing was pretty good I think, I haven't watched it, but from what I think I can remember of reviews. Lucky Star is somewhat good, others, Zatch Bell is somewhat okayish iirc, never heard of Panty and Stocking, doesn't seem that great.

This is also a great section for reviews and all.

Lucky Star is better suited if you've seen more anime/familiar with anime tropes.

Cant go wrong with Fullmetal Alchemist (03), Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.

also

Baccano!

Beck

Black Lagoon

Death Note

Darker than Black

One Piece

Ghost in the Shell

Kino's Journey

Mushishi

Haibane Renmei

I'll be naming critically acclaimed stuff here and stuff I particularly enjoyed. Okay, a slightly more condensed list:

- Code Geass, watch this early on and set the bar high. This is anime awesomeness right here with a crazy lead protagonist. Watch out for fanservice, though, but it's still amazing.

- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Currently watching this, but it's pretty amazing so far. Really famous for being really good. Some people prefer the original series, take your gamble.

- Angel Beats, watch this before Clannad, and preferably not right before either.

- Clannad and Clannad: After Story. After Story is the real gem here, apparently, I haven't actually watched this yet. Hear from everyone that it makes you cry.

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica, magical girl sounds cliche, but this series puts a darker twist on it.

- Shingeki no Kyojin, it's currently airing right now, depending on whether you like to watch anime week to week or wait until its finished its up to you..

- Baccano! a really high-rated one, just not very well known, it's kinda confusing at first, but you cannot fault it in any way, shape or form.

- Steins;Gate. Awesome, just awesome.

Other notable stuff:

- Fate/Zero, solid action and dialogue. It's really good.

- Cowboy Bebop, old, but people say it's good. Haven't really gotten to watching it yet.

- Mushishi, it's strange, but hauntingly beautiful. Can't fault this one at all.

- Guren Lagann as you have already mentioned.

- Pet Girl of Sakurasou (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo), the anime is deceptive with its first episode, I thought it was going to be a serious ecchi (fanservice) anime, but its not. A good slice of life with the story of high school students getting ahead in life and trying to achieve their dreams.

- Spice and Wolf, this really depends on your tastes, if you can't stand a really slow anime, then I guess this isn't for you. Seems like an ecchi premise, a girl with animal ears and tail, but it has pretty much none past the first episode, it's perfect in terms of characters and dialogue.

- Death Note, has great shock value, some moral ambiguity and clever plots and schemes.

- A Certain animes, A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun, both have two seasons (the second season of Railgun is still airing) A fun series.

- Darker Than Black, it's on my to-watch list, but I hear plenty about it.

I'll be naming critically acclaimed stuff here and stuff I particularly enjoyed. Okay, a slightly more condensed list:

- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Currently watching this, but it's pretty amazing so far. Really famous for being really good. Some people prefer the original series, take your gamble.

Is that a remake? Is it a sequel to the original, or what?

==

Also, thanks you guys, I'll have to see if I can find the shows on here on JAD.

Is that a remake? Is it a sequel to the original, or what?

==

Also, thanks you guys, I'll have to see if I can find the shows on here on JAD.

A remake, Fullmetal Alchemist is based off the manga of the same name (which is actually a really good and just as acclaimed manga) because the original was made very early on, the manga hadn't gotten very far and after episode 13 or something, the anime goes off on its own story. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood follows the entire manga all the way through and is a few episodes longer.

I've never seen Hellsing, but I agree with the rest of the stuff in the OP. Now, for Gash Bell, the manga is definitely better and has a proper ending, unlike the anime.

Now I've watched a lot of anime/read a lot of manga, and here's a list of all the ones I would strongly recommend to others. If something I list has already been said that means I just agree with it. Now, I watch everything from shounen to romantic comedy to ecchi harem anime, so obviously not everything on this list will agree with you. Note that some of these are English subbed only, or the dub has not caught up to the sub/will not be finished.

- Steins;Gate

- Toriko

- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (watch the 2009 one which is Brotherood, it's a reboot of the 2003 version and follows the manga, where the 2003 version did not)

- Katekyo Hitman Reborn (anime ends before manga)

- One Piece

- Hetalia

- Shakugan no Shana

- Zero no Tsukaima

- Dog Days

- Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?

- Powerpuff Girls Z (for the love of God don't watch the dub if you watch this)

- Birdy the Mighty: Decode

- Gunbuster & Diebuster

- Kino's Journey

- Rosario + Vampire (the anime is a comedy harem anime, while the manga starts similarly but becomes an amazing action series)

- Black Butler (the anime is meh at best, the manga is vastly superior)

- Deadman Wonderland

- Soul Eater

- Code Geass

- Attack on Titan

- Akikan!

- Kanokon

- Katanagatari

- Kekkaishi (the anime ends and the manga actually finishes the story)

- Baka and Test

- Gungrave

- Digimon Tamers

- Digimon Savers

- Durarara!!

- Toradora!

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica

- MÄR

- Okami-san and Her Seven Companions

- Ouran High School Host Club (manga is better and actually has a more proper ending)

- Redline (actually a movie)

- Shuffle!

- Yu Yu Hakusho (manga has different ending, but I've never read it myself)

You can watch both, they're very different. I (and everyone I know irl) just happen to think Brotherhood is better. And besides a few characters, yeah, the voice actors are the same, at least for the dub.

And the list I gave is almost definitely not even 1% of the anime out there, anime has been around for a very long time.

Heck, my list is probably about 50% of all the anime/manga I've watched/read.

Jeez, I almost had no idea there was so many.

Anyways, is it possible to watch Fullmetal A and Fullmetal A B?

Also, are the voice actors the game?

Go ahead and watch both. The cast is the exact same except for 2 characters.

I recommend starting with the first. 

I'll put it this way, they are both VERY good, but wherever the two cover the same events, the first is better.

And i dont think i am not being biased even if FMA is my first anime.

Go ahead and watch both. The cast is the exact same except for 2 characters.

I can think of at least 4, actually. Alhponse, Scar, Dr. Marcoh, and Second Lieutenant Breda.

Also, if you do watch TTGL, make sure to watch the movies afterwards. They are just adaptions of the series into two movies, but they change things around quite a bit and make things even more awesome.

So wait:

Fullmetal A

Fullmetal A B

2 movies

All the same in some parts, but have different tellings of the events. Wat.

TTGL means Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann. He's talking about Guren Lagann movies there.

WATCH CODE GEASS.

That is all.

Ah, yes, as my sis says:

"I'm still stuck on episode 8. It... it ruins my emotions. It has too many feels."

Also, she's at AX, some convention in Los Angels.

Wait... what anime are you talking about?

So wait:

Fullmetal A

Fullmetal A B

2 movies

All the same in some parts, but have different tellings of the events. Wat.

Watching order:

FMA

FMA movie conqueror of Shamballa

FMA:B

not required viewing(but worthwhile):

FMA:B OVAs

FMA:B movie

The first 25 episodes of FMA cover the same events (with small liberties taken here and there) as about the first 12 as Brotherhood. So Brotherhood rushed through those episodes for the sake of those that watched the original. As a result Brotherhood doesnt carry as much impact as the '03 version.

After that the two's plots diverge because that was all the manga content the '03 version had to work off of at the time.

Even if Brotherhood did rush those first 25 from the first FMA, I'd say it has more impact than the '03 version because of what happens after. Unless you only meant it doesn't carry as much impact when covering those episodes.

Also, I remembered another character who has a different va in Brotherhood. Hoenheim.

Wait... what anime are you talking about?

TTGL, cuz episode 8 is when... well... you know...

Even if Brotherhood did rush those first 25 from the first FMA, I'd say it has more impact than the '03 version because of what happens after. Unless you only meant it doesn't carry as much impact when covering those episodes.

It's a matter of direction. And '03 had a better director.

Take this SPOILER moment:

[spoiler='Spoiler spoiler spoiler']

One of the most iconic scenes of the manga. Adapted two ways:

2003:
HjoeXvF.gif

Brotherhood:

tumblr_lklufxSFha1qem5jgo1_500.gif

[/spoiler]

And there are a few other examples like this i dont have the energy to look up.

In these moments the first has more impact to me. 

• 2 months later...

Archived