Number 69: God Medallion- Coat of Arms

Because with how I'm feeling, I've probably met the anime summon requirments......

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_69:_Heraldry_Crest

Level 4 monsters
When this card is Special SummonedNegate the effects of all otherface-up Xyz Monsters currently on the field. You can target 1 other face-up Xyz Monster on the field; until the End Phase, this card's name and original effect become the same as that monster. You can only use this effect of "Number 69: Heraldry Crest" once per turn.

Discuss.

My favorite Number, or at least VERY high on the list. It's sadly a bit impractical due to Material requirement and the fact it doesn't do anything on its own, but it's very fun with used in a Deck that can spam Materials, like Gogogo or Hunders, which in turn can give you fodder to copy.

My favorite win involved copying my opponent's Utopia and evolving Coat of Arms into Utopia Ray.

Obvious nerf from the hilariously broken anime effect, which negated all monsters, all the time, couldn't die by card effects, and could detach a Material to destroy any card on the Field when it was attacked.

Yay for getting C69, though.

Favorite Number.

It's silly when you drop it after you've used up Shockmaster/Kign Feral Imp/etc., but it's mostly just completely and totally average.

It's good if you can make it efficiently and without taking too much time to do so, but it's neither bad nor good.

The fact that the old translation of it gaining the effects of ONLY what it negated being wrong is nice, as you can copy your opponent's failed answers/your later made Xyz.

My favorite Number, or at least VERY high on the list.

tumblr_lzln1uqkSk1qzlvmi.gif

It's also my favorite.

*Raises hand and joins 69 fanclub*

My favorite use is a twice-per-turn Leviair. Heraldics can mostly always banish something.

Why are Heraldics running Level 3s?

Then again, Number 8 works better than Coat of Arms in Heraldics, because Genom-Heriter turns the ATK to 0, becomes that ATK, and gets the effect while negating it. Coat of Arms keeps its solid 2600 ATK, but only negates on Summon and doesn't weaken the opponent monster. Outside of Heraldics (which is the only Deck that can effectively use Number 8 ), Coat of Arms is awesome.

Why are Heraldics running Level 3s?

Then again, Number 8 works better than Coat of Arms in Heraldics, because Genom-Heriter turns the ATK to 0, becomes that ATK, and gets the effect while negating it. Coat of Arms keeps its solid 2600 ATK, but only negates on Summon and doesn't weaken the opponent monster. Outside of Heraldics (which is the only Deck that can effectively use Number 8 ), Coat of Arms is awesome.

Because Tour Guide can still be a tech. Other than that, yeah, most other monsters are Level 4.

And Number 8 appears more often yes, but can't copy your own Xyzs and that extra 200 ATK helps sometimes, so it's not entirely inferior.

Because Tour Guide can still be a tech. Other than that, yeah, most other monsters are Level 4.

And Number 8 appears more often yes, but can't copy your own Xyzs and that extra 200 ATK helps sometimes, so it's not entirely inferior.

Depends on situation, of course. I consider Coat of Arms more reliable.

In one practice match I was doing between my Galaxy Deck and my Heraldic Deck, the Galaxy Deck had Number 61 and Number 9 out. The Heraldic Deck Normal Summoned Aberconway, SSed Kagetokage, and used Reborn Heraldry for Leo, went into Coat of Arms, blasted Dyson Sphere with Volca's effect, and then killed Volcasaurus.

In that situation, Coat of Arms was awesome, but Genom would have been better, as it could steal Volca's effect, turning it to 0, blast Dyson Sphere, then smack Volca for 2500 instead of 100. Circumstantial evidence, but then again, another practice Duel pit Number 8 against Neo Galaxy-Eyes. That did not go well for Neo Galaxy. Coat of Arms would have failed utterly as it didn't have access to Protection Medallion.

Depends on situation, of course. I consider Coat of Arms more reliable.

In one practice match I was doing between my Galaxy Deck and my Heraldic Deck, the Galaxy Deck had Number 61 and Number 9 out. The Heraldic Deck Normal Summoned Aberconway, SSed Kagetokage, and used Reborn Heraldry for Leo, went into Coat of Arms, blasted Dyson Sphere with Volca's effect, and then killed Volcasaurus.

In that situation, Coat of Arms was awesome, but Genom would have been better, as it could steal Volca's effect, turning it to 0, blast Dyson Sphere, then smack Volca for 2500 instead of 100. Circumstantial evidence, but then again, another practice Duel pit Number 8 against Neo Galaxy-Eyes. That did not go well for Neo Galaxy. Coat of Arms would have failed utterly as it didn't have access to Protection Medallion.

Yeah, the choice makes a big difference depending on the situation.

I've stumbled upon Shi En in Six Sams and other 2500 ATK non-Xyzs. Usually those are the times when 69 shines for me other than when I have my own other Xyzs.

Many other times Heriter is better. I've killed Draccosak with it and gained Tokens. It's beautiful.

Count me in on the 69 fanclub.

Even if it's not the best 3-material Rank 4, it's still one of the best in terms of design, effects, anime impact, etc.

Shame I can't get one of these in real life, even for collecting reasons. Also I wish it kept the card popping effect to dissuade opponents from attacking it.

Not too mention its Rank-Upped form is f***ing AWESOME with that 4000 ATK on a Rank 5.

I'm honestly surprised Coat of Arms has this many fans (I've noticed this with Heart-eartH Dragon too, which shows how creative they were with the villain Numbers in Season 1).  Anyway, Coat of Arms (I like how no-one uses its TCG name) actually has a decent effect (despite being nerfed hard), and in a saner game (one where you don't have to plus out the *** if you don't want to lose), it'd be probably be amazing, since combo'ing it with Shock Master, Number 50 (anything 2600 or weaker dies to it) or Ouroboros can spell trouble for your opponent.  Also negating and stealing the effect of something like Big Eye can be pretty lulzy too. 

Unfortunately the game is currently just too much for poor Coat of Arms.  C69 has potential, especially because of that 4000 ATK.

I'm honestly surprised Coat of Arms has this many fans (I've noticed this with Heart-eartH Dragon too, which shows how creative they were with the villain Numbers in Season 1).  Anyway, Coat of Arms (I like how no-one uses its TCG name) actually has a decent effect (despite being nerfed hard), and in a saner game (one where you don't have to plus out the *** if you don't want to lose), it'd be probably be amazing, since combo'ing it with Shock Master, Number 50 (anything 2600 or weaker dies to it) or Ouroboros can spell trouble for your opponent.  Also negating and stealing the effect of something like Big Eye can be pretty lulzy too. 

Unfortunately the game is currently just too much for poor Coat of Arms.  C69 has potential, especially because of that 4000 ATK.

You do like to use parentheses a lot don't you? 

I tend to use parentheses in my posts a lot, too. For similar reasons, but not quite so many in a short span of time.

In the defense of why people refer to the card as "Coat of Arms" vs "Heraldry Crest", the original name was awesome sounding without being difficult to say in conversation. Another factor could be that Tron said Coat of Arms' name like 50 times. "Coat of Arms does this. Coat of Arms attacks. Coat of Arms' effect. Coat of Arms is an awesome card. Coat of Arms is invincible, etc, etc, etc"

The TCG name of Heraldry Crest was only very recently revealed, when LTGY was released. So any transition period is still in effect. But Coat of Arms is also significantly easier to say/write than "Heraldry Crest".

Hilariously, while people seem to think they tried hard with the villains' Numbers...they kind of didn't. Coat of Arms was ridiculously OP in the anime, and Number 92 was pretty much a nastier version of Yubel. Number 53 was more creative (although also ridiculous) than Number 92. It's just that the RL version of 92 is clearly begging to find some way to use that awesome effect.

I still wish it was actually Heraldry Emblem in English. Then I could use it to make references to my favorite games.

Granted, it's equivalent to Grima, but still...

Like setting up outrageous situations where you Summoned it, then play DNA Transplant and declare- *shot*

"GOD MEDALLION HAND!"

"one more time, GOD RAGING!"

anyway,

I just pulled my first one a few days ago. It could be very good in the right situation. I'd say I'm neutral towards it, not in the fan club, but not  disliking either.

I just realized, this would be stupidly funny against my friend's stargate xyz deck if played at the right time or any gadget xyz deck for that matter after they use ultimate offering to fill the field.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/304123-stargate-cards/

(since most of the xyz monsters it uses have the first part of zenmaines' effect in addition to a few other effects)

- "GOD MEDALLION HAND!"

- "The shield is down, commence attack on the-" *shoves hand over mouth* "wrong sci-fi you idiot!"

Archived