Fall Anime 2013

Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta sounds interesting. Kind of want to see how that goes. Is it an alternate universe to the regular stuff?

I looked it up, due to you asking, and it seems like nothing else that is related to it was adapted into anime, besides a movie.

I might watch that.

I looked it up, due to you asking, and it seems like nothing else that is related to it was adapted into anime, besides a movie.

I might watch that.

I really enjoyed it. Gives me a lot to look forward to with a TV series that was by the same original creator.

Little Busters! Refrain is all of my want.

StarS, you are aware that when you double post you need to put Bump on your second post. Just saying.

posting twice in a row of the same thread within a 24-hour period,

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/213935-the-rules-of-ycm/

Nah, rules don't actually say I have to, and I've seen it not be done before. Possibly hundreds of times. Which in itself, is not even that much of an exaggeration, if any.

Did I mention Tokyo Ravens yet? I don't think I'm really gonna watch it, but for me, it is the most interesting one out of the ones 8-Bit is doing.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-05/kyoto-animation-outlines-kyokai-no-kanata-tv-anime

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/08/05/phi-brain-animes-3rd-season-broadcast-date-announced

Some big ones for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIggPUTilr4

Sailor Moon in the Winter

I think this season is a lot more interesting for me than last... and Winter may just end up being the same.

Anime that catch my eye:
- Nagi no Asukara
- Pupa
- Samurai Flamenco (probably gonna be the one I end up with, considering I always only follow one show per season)
- Kyosogiga
- Kill la Kill

Ones I'm staying away from, having read the manga/light novel partially and not being impressed:
- Tokyo Ravens
- Noucome
- Unbreakable Machine Doll
- Yozakura Quartet

Samurai Flamenco, so with Manglobe apparently being the studio, ugh, sounds decent, but definitely not something I'll be checking out until after airing, unless I hear some really good things about it.

I mean, not that I didn't like them, but with Deadman Wonderland, Mashiroiro, and the Hayate they did, they tend to be so much more mediocre than they could be.

Then again, I still need to try TWGOK, which I've heard is great, and The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke was good.

Bump, I wanna especially bring this news to attention since it's another delay:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-08-10/toaru-hikushi-e-no-koiuta-tv-anime-cast-announced

I've just been alerted of the last paragraph of the article. Another delay to winter, but at least winter is shaping up to be pretty interesting before fall even begins.

• 4 weeks later...

[spoiler=Because Log Horizon doesn't actually look (exactly) like what was shown before:]3cqfWkj.jpg[/spoiler]

I may be tempted to actually try it now. Maybe.  But lets see... Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes caught my eye from the art and I've been following it from day 1. I don't want to go back and watch much long series like the previous Battle Spirit ones, but since I've enjoyed Sword Eyes, I'll check the new one out if Shomentoppa subs it.

• 3 weeks later...

Nagi no Asukara - That poster looks mighty interesting, but I want to know what it's about.
Walkure Romanze - The knight academy aspect interests me, but the fanservice might turn me off.
Log Horizon - Well, after Ixion Saga DT, something had to join the SAO bandwagon. I'll check this out, but now I suddenly want a Digimon series where they get trapped in an MMO. Potential plot idea for Hopeless Paradise…?
Pupa - I don't usually care for horror, but that premise really sounds interesting.
Valvrave the Liberator 2 - I'll finish the first season, in spite of the bad things that I hear happen.
Gundam Build Fighters - But only if it's self-aware.
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - Not familiar with the original, but the premise of this sounds interesting. Plus I like the art style.
Kill La Kill - If only because it might be ridiculous like Gurren Lagann
Diabolik Lovers - I love me some vampires, but I don't know how long it might hold my interest.

Well, the Fall season has started, so maybe we should look at what we picked.

I just watched the first episode of Diabolik Lovers. Was surprised at how short it was, but more importantly, I just don't know what to latch onto. I know it's based on a visual novel, so I suppose it's primarily to see just who she hooks up with, but I feel that the first episode made it really obvious. I guess there's the mystery regarding her father?

I am downright pumped for Kill la Kill and Magi 2.

Other stuff I'm interested in:

Nagi no Asakura

BlazBlue

Log Horizon (even if it's a .hack/SAO ripoff...)

Though more detailed descriptions later on can change those.

Akito 2, the Chuunibyo movie, the Madoka movie, and Persona 3 look fun too.

Not sure why I was into Nagi, the current description doesn't sound that intriguing...

Eh, I'll wait for first impressions.

Still gonna check out everything else I mentioned, along with: Coppelion, Kyoukai no Kanata, Little Busters Refrain, Yozakura Quartet, Samurai Flamenco, and Galilei Donna (the last one because of my A-1 rule).

Maybe Kyousougiga, Golden Time, Strike the Blood, Sekai de Ichiban, Tokyo Ravens, depending on initial impressions.

...so I could end up watching 15 shows this season.

SH*T.

I just watched the first episode of Diabolik Lovers. Was surprised at how short it was, but more importantly, I just don't know what to latch onto. I know it's based on a visual novel, so I suppose it's primarily to see just who she hooks up with, but I feel that the first episode made it really obvious. I guess there's the mystery regarding her father?

Due to first impressions I'm not watching that. Actually I wouldn't have anyway, due to Arcana Famiglia and Amnesia.

Not sure why I was into Nagi, the current description doesn't sound that intriguing...
Eh, I'll wait for first impressions.

I was wondering why people were comparing it with Shinsekai Yori, months ago. The image there was for it may have had a similar atmospheric feel to it, maybe, but I knew it wasn't anywhere near that sci-fi.

I never actually made a list of what I might watch, only my thoughts on things, but now that it's closer, why not?

Already started:

Saikyou Ginga Ultimate Zero: Battle Spirits - The first episode seems to lock out newcomers by not actually showing how to play the game, unlike Sword Eyes just before it. I suppose that kind of thing may have been done in YGO, but they have more comprehensive telling of effects, so it's always been kind of okay. Now, what was going through my mind is that unlike Tsurugi, this new protag does not start from the ground up. He does not start off in some small village, a beginner at Battle Spirits, when he is supposed to be a prince. Instead he is at least 3 different people and seemingly a pro at the game. Um, I'll just have to see what happens.

Will watch all no problem:

Kyoukai no Kanata
Aikatsu! 2
Kyousougiga
Kill La Kill
Little Busters! Refrain
Magi 2
Phi Brain 3
Non Non Biyori
Pokemon X and Y (at some point, haven't caught up yet)

May or may not check out (during season):

Coppelion
Golden Time
Strike the Blood
Yuusha ni Narenakatta
Log Horizon (this one is more than likely to be a coincidence than ripoff or taken inspiration, and it's apparently a much different tone than SAO anyway, so we'll just have to see)
White Album 2
Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova
Galilei Donna
Miss Monochrome

Needs hype to feel like trying but pretty much only other things and not very likely to watch during season anyway:

BlazBlue: Alter Memory

Samurai Flamenco

I'm expecting winter and summer to not be nearly as interesting, just like they apparently are, so all good...

Second opinion time!

Nagi no Asu Kara: Slice of life doesn't hold my attention for long, so this is a no.
Pupa: Oooh, horror. And the concept sounds like it may lead to some rather surreal scenes.
Samurai Flamenco: Ugh. Name totally deceived me. If I wanted a superhero show, I would've watched Tiger and Bunny.
Kyosogiga: I watched the original ONA (not the followup mini-series though) and liked it, so hopefully this continues my expectation.
Kill la Kill: Could have potential, but right now I'm not sure what the tone of the show will be, so I'll hold off on my expectations.

Seems like my series to watch will end up being Pupa or Kyosogiga.

Hm, on checking back, my list's been rather short. Time to also update what I'll be following.

Will follow:

Kyoukai no Kanata(Kyoani's next work? Hell yes)

Kill La Kill(Better satisfy my TTGL needs)

Yuusha ni Narenakatta(I enjoyed Maoyuu, I enjoyed Hataraku Maou-sama, chances are I'll like this)

Walkure Romanze(Again, the eroge was hot)

Ace of Diamond(Madhouse doin' it, and it looks like a pure sports anime. Been sometime since I saw one)

Gundam Build Fighters(I used to gunpla, so this appeals to me)

Blazblue: Alter Memory(It's Blazblue, it's Sugita as the main character, it's Noel, hell yes)

Consensual Rape Season 2/Valvrave Season 2(Self-explanatory)

Noucome(Getting Henneko vibes from this one, might be good)

Samurai Flamenco(Looks like a second Gatchaman Crowds)

Persona 3 the Movie(YES)

Madoka movie 3(YES)

Kara no Kyoukai movie(Just started reading the novels, so far, so cool. Will need to finish them all first  before watching this, or the previous KnK movies)

Might follow:

Coppelion(Seems interesting enough)

Nagi no Asakura
Kyousouginga

Golden Time(Looks nice and fanservicey)

Log Horizon

Arpeggio of Blue Steel(Manga looked interesting, never got into it, perfect chance right here)

Yozakura Quartet(Yasuda as the creator, I will love. Will read manga before getting to this though)

Unbreakable Machine Doll

Galilei Donna

Pupa

• Nagi no Asakura: Looked at the premise for this again. Yeah, not interested, so I'm dropping this from my list.
• Walkure Romanze: Saw a new trailer. Eh… Yeah, the fanservice definitely looks like it will be annoying, but the jousting at least looks fun.
• Log Horizon: Haven't heard anything new, but I'm still going to check it out.
• Pupa: Really don't know how to feel about this, but I'll give it a shot.
• Valvrape the Penetrator Season 2: Still need to finish the first season.
• Gundam Build Fighters: Yeah, definitely going to be watching this, now that I know what exactly it will be like. Looks like fun!
• Yozakura Quartet: Definitely checking it out.
• Kill la Kill: Really do not like the chin on who I assume is the main villain. It just seems like they're exaggerating beyond even Gurren Lagann. Still interested, but I'm not too keen on what I've seen of the animation. Yes, I know I said I'd watch it if it's as ridiculous as Gurren Lagann, but I didn't realize that the ridiculousness would reach a point where it just wouldn't be enjoyable to look at.
• Diabolik Lovers: Episode 2 was just as unpleasant as the first one, if not more so. Still going to watch, since I think it will be more of a guilty pleasure.
• Kyousogiga: OH GOD YES DO WANT.
• Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta (Love Song of a Certain Pilot): Looks it got delayed to January 2014. I might check out the movie, though, but I'm not certain about that.
• Galilei Donna: Wait, the girls are on wanted lists? Can't believe I missed that, but I don't know how to feel about it, especially since the younger two siblings make me feel that the show will step into uncomfortable territory.
• Strike the Blood: Well that new description is… slightly less interesting. Eh, still going to check it out.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Samurai Flamenco also sound really interesting, so I'll add them to my list.

Nagi no Asu Kara: Slice of life doesn't hold my attention for long, so this is a no.

I have to agree that from the picture it may look like Slice of Life but nowhere does it say this is going to be a Slice of Life. It actually says pretty much the opposite (fantasy).

There is still very much a good chance you won't be interested, if manga is anything to go by, because I know some that have very much of a Slice of Life feel. So, if the picture is anything to go by I don't think you should check it out. I'll might be posting here to tell you if I'm wrong about that (if it doesn't feel like Slice of Life), though.

My first couple first impressions:

Kyoukai no Kanata had a very awkward start for a Kyoani series. Probably because it just seemed so average even compared to some of the other things they've done. I'm not gonna say it isn't funny, but it's not a comedy so that isn't a perfectly positive note.

Kyousougiga has 2 recap episodes, so as long as you haven't yet watched the earlier stuff, I'd say don't bother. It's still a blast and the first recap was a pretty good one.

Wait, were the recaps full length episodes or just five minute previews? I also haven't heard if it's streaming anyway, because I'd rather use something like Crunchyroll.

Yeah, I haven't heard either. I use Crunchyroll sometimes, but if I can't wait I can't help it...

Anyway, the first episode aired and it was indeed a full recap. So I assume the next one will be too since I heard there will be 2 recaps.

Archived