Number 54: Lion Heart

325px-Number54LionHeart-CPZ1-JP-OP.png

3 Level 1 monsters
This face-up Attack Position card cannot be destroyed by battle. When you take battle damage from a battle involving this card: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of battle damage you took. If this card battles an opponent's monster, during damage calculation in either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; your opponent takes any battle damage you would have taken from that battle.

tumblr_m3p0vjj4Lg1qeovjd.jpg

NEEDS MOAR RAINBOW

Actually, I just checked the pack's info page-
We're both wrong. It's some new rare called "Collector's Rare".

I actually knew it was a Collector's Rare (basically why I made this topic). I was just explaining the use of how the rarity might be :P sorry if I confused you

Is there any any good ways to make Rank 1s?

define good, good as in competitive, or good as its semi-consistent?  Because you make get this using Tri-wilight, and various Normal monster support that exists [though that is just for fun stuff].

Anyways, equip this with twin-swords of flashing light -> proceed to crash into their biggest guy -> use detach effect for the finishing blow -> laugh as you won by nearly killing yourself XD

define good, good as in competitive, or good as its semi-consistent?  Because you make get this using Tri-wilight, and various Normal monster support that exists [though that is just for fun stuff].

Anyways, equip this with twin-swords of flashing light -> proceed to crash into their biggest guy -> use detach effect for the finishing blow -> laugh as you won by nearly killing yourself XD

You could use the new Blue-Eyes/Dragon support. Like that Foolish Burial for Dragons. Send a Flamvell Guard, then since it was a Normal Dragon, send another Flamvell Guard. Or Dragon Ravine for the same idea.

The annoying thing about these Rank 1s is that Slacker Magician is the only one that only needs 2 Materials AND has a good effect. All the other Rank 1s require 3 Materials and have mediocre effects. Of the Numbers, Galaxy Queen is the only decent Rank 1 (this might usurp it now), because it makes itself and everything else immune to battle destruction and gives them piercing. Not worth using, necessarily, but better than the other Rank 1s.

I'll lance my monster in da damage step for mucho mucho damage. Oh and if your running a 4k+ monster besides Quasar, gg :3

It's a very nice troll card with very nice art...but I don't think it's really meta worthy.

And Level Eaters can have a field day with this +Trag

It only works on itself.

That's exactly the reason.

Enter Battle: Damage Step: Lance my own monster so it becomes 0 ATK and protected by Spell/Traps = 4100 DAMAGE

Activate effect also, so my opponent takes MY damage instead: +4100 DAMAGE

4100+4100=8200 > 8000

gg

Oh, you meant it was fighting againts it. Yeah that makes more sense.

That's exactly the reason.

Enter Battle: Damage Step: Lance my own monster so it becomes 0 ATK and protected by Spell/Traps = 4100 DAMAGE

Activate effect also, so my opponent takes MY damage instead: +4100 DAMAGE

4100+4100=8200 > 8000

gg

I thought we established it didn't work like that?

And that if you use the detach effect, you only deal that damage. Since it can't make your opponent take damage you're never getting?

(I may be wrong on that).

OT: It's kinda nice just because it's not a passive Rank 1. It does something, even if 3 Materials hurts it a bit. But it was kinda the toss up between it being weak or being horrifying.

I thought we established it didn't work like that?

And that if you use the detach effect, you only deal that damage. Since it can't make your opponent take damage you're never getting?

(I may be wrong on that).

OT: It's kinda nice just because it's not a passive Rank 1. It does something, even if 3 Materials hurts it a bit. But it was kinda the toss up between it being weak or being horrifying.

You can't deal any damage if you don't take any. That makes sense, and should be how it works.

Archived