Hataraku Maou-sama!

I'm actually surprised no one is talking about this. Or SNAFU.

Demon Lord Satan travels through a portal and ends up in our world, obviously in Japan. Stuff happens, but he finally ends up making an honest living at MgRonald's.

And yes, another Demon Lord lead. The anime industry really likes these.

But really, Episode 6 just got subbed so I thought you'd all like a little discussion. Also Suzuno a best grill.

Really it's because there isn't much to talk about.

Funny, and a Demon Lord and Hero anime I actually like.

I think you meant episode 7, which I have yet to watch because I have to later. But anyways, I will comment on episode 6.

[spoiler=Ouch,]falling down stairs must hurt. I usually fall up the stairs. No kidding.[/spoiler]

So, regarding the girls. I liked Chiho the most at first, but Emi's growing on me. Suzuno's just been better from her introduction, but was late to the party. So they're all pretty equal for me right now.

I didn't think this series was as good as it's been so far overall. It's a pleasant surprise with pretty quirky humor and characters that complement each other well. Maou's typical but endearing, Alsiel's hilarious, Chiho's lovable and Emi, well, she's growing on me.

And Lucifer makes for a couple chuckles.

I like the ridiculous antics they get into with adapting to normal life. It's an interesting transition.

But yeah, looking forward to see how this series will wrap up.

[spoiler=Made my day.]v0tfmvY.png

Lucifer has been the cause of quite a few chuckles this episode especially, such as just sleeping in the... boxes taped together? And his complaining. Just his complaining. xD [/spoiler]

Chiho and Suzuno were both so adorable this episode.

Hi again.

Really good.

Really funny.

Really unrealistic relationship between Maou and Emilia.

Really poor focus on her conflicting emotions about him and Maou's ignorance of how much damage he did in Ente Isla.

Bye again.

Hi again.

Really good.
Really funny.

Well, that's exactly why what I would assume to be a lot of others and I think

Really unrealistic relationship between Maou and Emilia.
Really poor focus on her conflicting emotions about him and Maou's ignorance of how much damage he did in Ente Isla.

Bye again.

this is not such a big deal. I seems a glaring fault at first glance, but the way the whole thing is portrayed would allow a lot of people to look past all that. I'm sure there are still people who find these faults to be things that cannot be forgiven in any way, but the spin this puts on Demon Lord and Hero anime and how funny it is is enough for me to look past those things.

Not to mention, it almost seems intentional that Maou's ignorance is receiving poor focus because it's a comedy, so if I wanted to enjoy this, I would say I would have hopefully found it not such a big deal.

Anyway, still a few episodes to go, and I can actually somewhat see this getting a second season. I very much hope so anyway, it's been a very nice surprise.

I literally cannot hold myself back from wanting to talk about this a least a little now.

The reaction faces Emi had once in episode 10 & Chiho had when Maou did not get it totally brought to mind Nichijou... not just because I finished that in the same day I watched the episode, but they use those kind of faces a lot in Nichijou.

And Lucifer. Cannot. Put. Strength. Into. His. Legs. xD

I feel like the show's losing steam a bit; I haven't been laughing as much as I did 4-5 episodes ago. I really do hope it picks up a little bit before the end, and a 2nd season would be cool too.
They should use Ashiya more; he's the best source of hilarity on this show.

Huh, I feel like the last 3 episodes were my favorite so far, especially ep 8, still using the gifs in my avi & sig. I honestly thought Ashiya was used enough, he's always funny when he's supposed to be, and I really did laugh quite a bit from him this last episode. Of course said episode also managed to have similar facial expressions as the anime I blazed through that same week, so that's definitely partly why I find it's getting better. I was hesitate to start it but I only watch it for the comedy, not the plot or anything, so I'm glad it really delivers for me. Lucifer if the one that cracks me up the most though, for some reason.

Meh. I can safely say that I don't think Ashiya is really anywhere near one of the funnier ones, now. I was even gonna say his sickness was really outliving it's funny, but whenever he talks like that, trying to save money by not doing something, even if he may have to, that always gets me.

If that's all they can use him for comedy wise, than I definitely can't say he should be used more, tbh.

Really great episode though. Come on Maou, it's time to save the day again.

lol Dullahan again.

Easily the most impressive episode non-comedy wise. But laking the most comedy wise. I was smiling pretty much all the way through though. Absolutely could not help it.

[spoiler=Oh well.]Bye James.

Sometimes I think it's good to have that epic conclusion second last ep like this, especially if they can hopefully have some more comedy last episode.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=12]

That episode was just what the doctor ordered. Nice to see some action again, but especially the comedy.

Alsiel coming in at the very end and being yelled at was funny, so was Lucifer uppercutting evil bald guy. 

Same with Chiho and Emi berating Angel-guy, that panty-sniffer.

And this line.

maou_knows_whats_up.png[/spoiler]

Hope we get a funny finish, and a lead-in for a 2nd season if possible.

[spoiler=Right,]

-Dullahan again

-Ashiya late (That's how you use Ashiya. That is for sure how you use Ashiya after extending a joke slightly past it's expiration date)

-Lucifer bag thing & uppercut

-Maou disguising as Chiho & beating up

-Maou in underwear the whole episode

-"You're front's wide open."

-"What could be more important?!"[/spoiler]

After thinking about it, there are plenty of funny things in that episode, more than some I'd say, but 8 still takes the cake for me in regards to comedy.

Season 2.

I'll admit, it wasn't as funny as last episode, but Lucifer in box. That, and it left open the chance of a season 2.

With 2 I started this season not ending, Arata having an original ending, etc, it looks like this will probably be my favorite ending this season, nice and simple.

Archived