Toriko

482463-key_art_toriko.jpg

In a world where the taste and texture of food is extremely important, there exist individuals known as Gourmet Hunters who specialize in the acquisition of rare ingredients and animals. Toriko is one of these hunters and it is his dream to find the most precious foods in the world and create the ultimate dinner course. As one of the most skilled hunters in the world, he is regularly hired by restaurants and the rich to seek out new ingredients and rare animals. A man with inhuman ability, he utilizes his incredible strength and knowledge of the animal kingdom to capture ferocious, evasive, and rare beasts to further his ultimate goal. He is accompanied by a weak and timid chef named Komatsu who, inspired by Toriko's ambition, travels with him to improve his culinary skills and to find rare ingredients. An organization that seeks to take control of the world's entire food supply increases the struggle.

This is the Gourmet Age, where the world's manliest heroes quest for yet undiscovered culinary delights. Discuss.

• 3 weeks later...

Why have I not posted in this thread yet.

Dear god I love this series. The series starts off like your basic shonen manga but by the time Toriko fights Tommyrod the series takes a new level in badass. Even the arc where they just play cards was sweet. But then we hit the Bubble Fruit arc and things somehow took another step in badass. Its like, pure testosterone in book form. I mean come one this would be right at home as a metal album cover. 

Seriously, you can't say your a shonen fan without reading this.

• 2 weeks later...

I normally go Read Manga --> Watch Anime.

Eh, I prefer animation to reading. For the most part I either read the whole manga if it's dissimilar enough from the anime (Rosario + Vampire, Black Butler), or I just read the rest of the manga if the anime ends earlier (Gash Bell, Kekkaishi, Katekyo Hitman Reborn) but it true to the manga up to that point.

Archived