MANGA/MANHWA not anime

Aix

I read from many genres of manga/manhwa/manhua.

I would recommend a few from this list:

Alive - The Final Evolution

Psyren

Destroy & Revolution

Holyland 

Breaker

Breaker - The New Waves

Ability

I really can't stand manga with bad art, so some of those recommendations don't appeal to me, but I have read Psyren and the Breaker (both).

I really can't stand manga with bad art, so some of those recommendations don't appeal to me, but I have read Psyren and the Breaker (both).

And which of those with the supposedly "bad art" do you not like? Ability? If it's that one I can understand cause the story isn't that great anyways. If it's any of the others then I just shake my head at you. No offence.

And which of those with the supposedly "bad art" do you not like? Ability? If it's that one I can understand cause the story isn't that great anyways. If it's any of the others then I just shake my head at you. No offence.

Destroy and Revolution, their faces look weird.

I've been reading manga for about 6 years now, and I've seriously outgrown the whole ecchi-comedy genre. Two of my current favorites, both clean can-read-in-front-of-family-without-feeling-awkward comedy titles are Yotsuba&! and Azumanga Daioh, both by the same mangaka Kiyohiko Azuma.  Both have already been licensed in English.

azumanga1.jpg  cover01.jpg

Also recommend:

Sakura Tsuushin by U-Jin (borderline H, dark themes)

SAKURAMAIL1.jpg

Card captor Sakura by CLAMP

Cardcaptor_Sakura_vol1_cover.jpg

Crayon Shin-chan by Yoshito Usui (hilarious, potentially offensive to some)

1114378.jpg

Death Note by Tsugumi Ooba/Takeshi Obata (read it before watching the anime and liked it more.)

thumb-525-dn_1_300x450.jpg

Detective Conan by Gosho Aoyama (mind=blown)

20100702041339!Volume_1.jpg

Confidental Confessions by Momochi Reiko (slightly cheesy, dark themes, divided opinion)

3592-1.jpg

Doraemon by Fujiko Fuijo (clean humor)

doraemon_v1c01_001.jpg

Wasabi by KEITH

scan0006.jpg

And in the NSFW section:

Oretama ("My Balls") by Shigemitsu Harada (super borderline H can't post artwork.)

I haven't read any manhua/manwha, got any recommendations?

I've been reading manga for about 6 years now, and I've seriously outgrown the whole ecchi-comedy genre. Two of my current favorites, both clean can-read-in-front-of-family-without-feeling-awkward comedy titles are Yotsuba&! and Azumanga Daioh, both by the same mangaka Kiyohiko Azuma.  Both have already been licensed in English.

Oretama ("My Balls") by Shigemitsu Harada (super borderline H can't post artwork.)

I haven't read any manhua/manwha, got any recommendations?

For me, I'v been reading manga since I was 14, so I'v got about 9 years worth of it in my belt. I'm pretty sure I'v read Oretama......

For manhua/manwha Breaker & it's currently updated Breaker - The New Waves is a good start. Well that's if your into martial arts stuff.

So how many of you here read manga/manwha?

Quite a few, actually.

What are your favourites?

I don't read much, really, so even ones in which I like the anime better end up in my favorites, but these:

Hayate no Gotoku!
Arata Kangatari
Saki + Achiga-hen
Mahou Sensei Negima!
Minami-ke
Yumekui Merry
Little Busters! The 4-koma
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid
Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha Force

Any recommendations?

I don't assume I'm very good at recommendations, but at least the ones in my favorite genre that I could are definitely not bad (except maybe Kill Me Baby since I've seen a lot of hate on that. Mainly the anime, but it doesn't seem like it's anymore than a completly straight adaption):
The Little Busters 4-koma (I guess it would be nice to know a bit more about the characters via manga, anime, or visual novel before this, but not really needed to get a few laughs)
Minami-ke
Acchi Kocchi
A-Channel
Hayate no Gotoku! 
Kill Me Baby

What genres do you like?

Comedy, Slice of Life, Romace, Action, Adventure, Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen, Ecchi, pretty much anything that isn't hentai/yaoi

Don't we already have a "Favorite Anime/Manga" thread? Because I feel that would serve the purposes of this one well enough.

Anyways, if not, the ones I'm reading right now:
Bleach
Gamaran
Kamisama no Iutoori (I and II)
Kataribe no List
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

These ones I only keep reading if I remember about them (aka, not religiously):
3 Gatsu no Lion
Classmate, Kamimura Yuuka wa Kou Itta
Donyatsu
Demon Lord At Work (Hataraku Maou-sama!)
Fugurumakan Raihouki (no more scans coming through)

Anything on these lists I'd recommend, and anything from below. These are manga that I've finished and liked enough to share:
Alive: The Final Evolution
Double Arts (sadly cancelled)
Psyren
Sasurai Emanon (there's nudity, but nothing sexualized)

I would recommend almost anything by Urasawa Naoki, especially if you're into more story-driven manga. It's not about flashy superpowers and huge standoffs, it's about people. 20th Century Boys would be his magnum opus, but Monster and Pluto are both exceptional as well.

Anything on these lists I'd recommend, and anything from below. These are manga that I've finished and liked enough to share:
Alive: The Final Evolution

Since you like myself bring up Alive - The Final Evolution I deem it nessisary to those that haven't read it know one very important fact that should be kept in mind when you get to the ending.

Tadashi Kawashima who created this amazing manga, finished it on his death bed.

The main manga I read are the long shounen series, as watching the anime is just too long.

I own the first two volumes of Bakuman as well, but I haven't bothered to get the third for some reason.

I would recommend almost anything by Urasawa Naoki, especially if you're into more story-driven manga. It's not about flashy superpowers and huge standoffs, it's about people. 20th Century Boys would be his magnum opus, but Monster and Pluto are both exceptional as well.

I have never read any of these things, but I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Tell me though, is there any particular advantage of reading the manga over watching the anime?  I could go for either.

Archived