Suisei no Gargantia

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last status show my enjoyment. Like it more than most episodes, oddly enough.

And there'll be a 15th in October. =D

Considering when this was subbed, it'll probably be out sometime in November.

Why are they making these? The series is over :O

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently, it's getting a sequel.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=674447

Yeah... I can deal with the extra episodes but if it's an entire second season, it's gotta have plot, and the first one wrapped up pretty okay. Hope it's not TV format, I'd be okay with a movie or maybe a prequel of sorts, but for now I won't understand them actually making a sequel season unless it comes together better than I had thought. Guess there's no sense in thinking too much until format and such are actually announced.

Dunno how a sequel plot is going to work out. I mean I loved Gargantia's slice-of-life episodes and those were the ones that were actually good, but I don't see a point in doing another season just to add in more. Gargantia's already effectively over. If they instead focus more on the intergalactic war thing, then it may as well be an entirely new show, as in the grand scheme of things Ledo's story is very insignificant there, and the entire anime's premise/theme/message doesn't work with a more war-focused story.

[spoiler=and more importantly]

Without sugitabot the best character, how the hell will Gargantia survive? He's dead, he's gone, he's never coming back ;_; CHAMBAAAZU~ SUGITABOOOOOOOOOT ;_;[/spoiler]

Archived