Suisei no Gargantia

I'm just confused on Bebel running all the way to Ledo when I assumed he was too weak to.

For some reason, I never felt he couldn't (that kind of character), just that there would have to be a very important reason to, since it's not like it's a good idea. And I suppose I never cared to question it since it was somewhat called for, imo.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

help me

episode 8 made me feel weird

I liked what happened. I mean a lot. I was in a cliche mind frame, so I didn't really expect Amy to stay behind. But she did. I liked that.

But I kinda didn't like the way they handled some things. Appropriate, yes, but they had like THREE of those "one character attempts to cheer up another character who is troubled" scenes. That was a little much.

Looks like now it's going to be a story of groups from now on. I'm interested as to where this might end up. Also, in the mean time, will Melty become a temp-Amy replacement?

BTW THE SAND FUNERAL THING WAS FREAKIN' GREAT

I LOVED THAT

[spoiler=episode nine holy geez]

Did I find it to be within the realm of possibility? Yes, I think I may have considered it at one point.

DID I EXPECT IT?

NO.

NO.

NO!

I really liked this episode.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Episode 9]
Yo, that was nuts.
I liked the twist of the Hideauze being evolved from humans and how the initial interests they had with the GA seem to have been lost over time, culminating in a mindless conflict still going on today. This is a nice change of atmosphere and I hope we can dig more into Ledo's character following this development.
And Pinion's brother being a Hideauze now would be another interesting way to unsettle things.
[/spoiler]
Good episode.

When sales are on the line
It's healing time

Gen really did it this time. Always breaking his promise. He probably couldn't help it, since the fans probably wanted to know about the Hideauze's origins real badly.

I no longer have a craving for mollusc meat.

[spoiler=Episode 9]Awfully suspenseful. They may be incredibly weak, but there were sure a great number of dem Hideauze. It seemed more like Pinion's brother was just killed, but I guess there has already been a few things we didn't necessarily expect to happen that did. For the longest time, I was thinking "So why is this classified information if they should already know all this?" But then the reveal happened. I should wait before thinking such things. Well not really, but at least I know I shouldn't be saying it before the episode even ends.[/spoiler]

And lol @ the Melty scene.

I'm sure you know this and are just saying that stuff because, but the 'healing' was referring to Ledo finding some work around the Gargantia and other things like that. Really glad we got those breather episodes because they've so far been the most in line with what I hoped for. You could say this finally had some action, but it's just great that it was and still kinda is being different than most Mecha, that's why I even felt it deserved a look, and so far I'm glad I did.

WOAH NOW

I'm still trying to take in all that just happened.

[spoiler=ep10]

So, Chamber was laying all that on Ledo, who is freaking out. I...still have trouble remembering the point of his little speech, but one thing is clear. Chamber can't understand the concept of co-existance.

...wow Pinion you are kind of an asshole

Kugel? KUGEL? OH MAN. I ACTUALLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW KUGEL WILL FIT IN IN ALL OF THIS[/spoiler]

[spoiler=ep 10]I don't really know what to say, that was just so good.

I do kind of see Chamber's point though, whether it's racism or not. It's exactly as Chamber said, even if the Hidiauze win, the dominant species would then be less intelligent than normal humans, so why did they choose that method of survival? I agree with Ledo though, I couldn't, nor would I feel I should continue to fight against Hidiauze when really they're humans too, and I also think it would be much better to coexist if they can. I also agree, I don't see how they can't. I guess I just need another episode now plz. [/spoiler]

I feel like the past few episodes should have been in the middle so we could get more build-up for the rushed conclusion we're going to get :T

Kugel's circumstances seem a little suspicious. Didn't Chamber also say Ledo was the highest ranking soldier he could find right before they uncovered that data down below?

Maybe Striker is acting on A.I to try and gather followers for eliminating the Hideauze while Kugel actually died a while ago.

No better build up than what we actually got, imo. A rushed conclusion could work for this, just so long as most things are hopefully answered.

And plus, we would never have got the reason this show was made and what I would have to say is in my opinion the best episodes it has if this was in the middle.

And maybe it's just me, but from reading what I could about this before airing, it would have still felt rushed even if they gave the plot (I said I didn't care about the plot. But that's not necessarily the reason) more time, without any breather episodes.

Time to start making sense.

Okay here, maybe it's just me, but the main reason that has become clear to me on why the fan service didn't bother me, or it didn't get me to care about it in any other way, is because I feel there has been even a few mecha anime that has WAY more fan service. For example, Code Geass. This definitely feels so little in comparision, and I can definitely complain about the fan service there, and that is one of my few exceptions to not being all that fond of mecha anime.

Now, about episode 12. It didn't feel all that rushed to me, and for some reason I don't see the last one being all that different. Instead, it seemed to have correctly placed action and suspense. If that happens, I'll have very little to complain about, but possibly not much to actually obsesse over.

Maybe Striker is acting on A.I to try and gather followers for eliminating the Hideauze while Kugel actually died a while ago.

[spoiler=Not all that] surprised this turned out to be pretty true, tbh.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Not all that] surprised this turned out to be pretty true, tbh.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='12']I suppose it makes sense because Kugel seemed like a pretty nice guy before, but wouldn't Ledo have been remotely suspicious because Kugel has become really harsh?[/spoiler]

[spoiler=ep 11 + 12]

Up until halfway through episode 12, all I could think was "THIS IS NOT OK"

BUT THEN IS WAS AWESOME

AND THEN FUSION PRETTY MUCH HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

I was really surprised when it happened, but when I think back, there were signs.

See: Chamber reaching his own logical conclusion.[/spoiler]

Did any of you know this contest was taking place? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-24/gargantia-character-design-contest-winners-unveiled
Looking at the entries a bit, there seemed to be more female than male entries, so I'm not really surprised half as much males as females won, but all the winners look pretty good.

This is an brilliant idea that helps get fans involved.

[spoiler=EPISODE 13 BFIUWGFUEF*GWF]"Go to hell, tin can!"

OOOOOOOHHHHH MYYYYYYYY GAAAAAAAAAWWWWW-

Can I just say that that was probably the most badass line I've heard uttered this ENTIRE SERIES

CHAMBER TOOK A LEVEL IN BADASS THAT WE CAN ALL ONLY HOPE TO ACHIEVE

AND HE WAS A COMPUTER

A COMPUTER!

THIS REALLY WAS A HEALING ANIME

IT HAD A SUPER HAPPY ENDING

THAT WAS AMAZING FBSGUGGWEBGHG[/spoiler]

Why was I not entertained that whole episode? I mean, of course it's good to have a happy ending from Urobuchi, and the best part was "Go to hell, tin can!", but... it felt so much more generic than the rest of the series. I was perhaps expecting too much, but it was seriously the only episode I didn't greatly enjoy... I didn't even enjoy.

Didn't seem that generic to me. Sure the good guys win and all is well, but having the machine want to become god to help humanity is a pretty interesting twist, imo.

I am a bit disappointed that the true identity of the Hideauze didn't play a bigger role in the series.

Eh, that's kinda true, but it just didn't feel different enough, and just didn't get me interested. Was probably the first time I've felt so weird watching a finale too, so has to be more of a personal thing, probably.

Archived