• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>ocarina

>vast ocean

>reserved, mysterious protagonist out of his element

>lost technology

There is only one explanation.

Ledo is the new Link and will save everyone from Ganondorf, the secret pirate leader, while bonding with his new friend Amy, who is actually the long-lost princess of a kingdom that is now sunk deep below the sea but doesn't know it.

For real? Everyone on the other forum I go to absolutely hated it and lowered their overall expectations of the series.

Which I thought was just a little extreme, but what can you do.

Yeah, I saw that earlier and that's pretty cool. I wish I was talented enough to comprise languages like that.

For real? Everyone on the other forum I go to absolutely hated it and lowered their overall expectations of the series.
Which I thought was just a little extreme, but what can you do.

Well, I know the anime fanbase well enough that I can probably guess 2-3 reason for this, so like...

The fanservice was not too bad at all. Even compared to some anime that usually only have 1 or 2 episodes for that kind of fanservice. But then again, I kind of like fanservice. Mostly just basing this on responses from other anime, but considering the way the episode went...

Also, it seems all too likely that this has been gearing up to be mostly slice of life-like from the start. Which again, I like.

How many people actually thought this would be a mostly action show, though? A lot of people probably didn't see this, but something that I saw apparently translated from the official site said before the anime even begain took that assumption right out of my mind, had it even been there in the first place:

This anime is written for late teenagers to those who just started their early 20s. Basically, we're aiming to tackle the issues and the sense of wandering many people have when they graduated and started living in the society.

With that in mind, I made this story a little bit differently compared to my previous works. I hope that the story of the people's tough life to find their place in society can be told well.

From one other post you've made, I gather it's mostly the first one though.

Anyway, the blond guy (and Chamber at the end) made me crack up, and his caring for the new guy only made this episode well worth it, imo.

I feel like Chamber is going to go berserk in the end. The episode ending with "What is the point of this? What is the point of this?" makes me suspicious. Also, Chamber might just try to kill Ledo because he loses his usefulness as a pilot.

idk I'm just brainstorming.

Hmmm, I didn't get that feeling, but in hindsight it is a tad suspicious. I've just heard people say the Hideous will be coming, but I know that's just them laughing off about how it could be more Urobuchi-like.

Episode 4: I teared up when Ledo cried. And I didn't notice until a few moments later.

I think I really like Ledo.

Episode 5: Men in drag in pursuit of Ledo is the best thing ever.

EVERYTHING IS SO HAPPY AND FUN AND NICE AND PRETTY AND FUNNY AND AWESOME

WHEN WILL IT ALL GO TO CRAP

I'M LOOKING AT YOU, CHAMBER

AS AWESOME AS YOU ARE

[spoiler=Episode 6]

That fanservice was laid on a little thick there. But otherwise, I'm glad the Hideauze are back in the story again. Interesting that they're octopus-people too.

And weird.

Maybe the reason they found one was because some have started to follow Ledo through the rift he came in?[/spoiler]

[spoiler=my own ep 6 thoughts]

At first, I didn't like the OP. But now, it's growing on me.

Blonde haired dude (name slips my mind) is awesome.

EVERYTHING LEDO DOES MAKES ME SMILE

The dance was mezmerizing for me, and not just because of boobs n butts.

And I think everything is at its peak in terms of happiness. me thinks things will now start collapsing. Either that, or it will focus on cool salvaging stuff.

*just finished ep 6 as typing this*

...HIDEAUZE. HIDEAUZE. I CALLED IT.

...Whale Squid?[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Episode 6]

That fanservice was laid on a little thick there. But otherwise, I'm glad the Hideauze are back in the story again. Interesting that they're octopus-people too.

And weird.

Maybe the reason they found one was because some have started to follow Ledo through the rift he came in?[/spoiler]

[spoiler=eh]

I guess it was kinda fanservicy, looking back on it, but somehow, it works so well. Not your traditional fanservice, for sure.

Also, as I mentioned before, I don't think he was followed through the rift. Remember when Ledo got all super shocked at the octopus? Bellows casually mentioned a Whale Squid. When looking back at the Hideauze, doesn't it look rather like a squid?

EDIT: Some people on tumblr are saying that maybe the Hideauze evolved from creatures on Earth, since Chamber said the Whale Squid wasn't 100% Hideauze. That'd be super hype.[/spoiler]

every time I watch an episode I fall in love with this series all over again

[spoiler=...]zqsAQpr.gif

THANK EVERYTHING THAT IS KAKA

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=eh]
Bellows casually mentioned an Whale Squid. When looking back at the Hideauze, doesn't it look rather like a squid?
 [/spoiler]

[spoiler= Yeah,] that's what I was thinking. Kind of laughed when Ledo said it was a Hideauze. It could be, then I'd be mistaken, but I think it foreshadowed that pretty well.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=...]zqsAQpr.gif

THANK EVERYTHING THAT IS KAKA
[/spoiler]

Not that stupidity again.

[spoiler= Yeah,] that's what I was thinking. Kind of laughed when Ledo said it was a Hideauze. It could be, then I'd be mistaken, but I think it foreshadowed that pretty well.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=heh]

I'm looking forward to next episode so much, JUST to see whether it's a full blown dangerous Hideauze, or just a squid that gets zapped instantly. It'll either be super tense or super hilarious.[/spoiler]

Not that stupidity again.

you know you like it

idk, I was always mystified by the show when I was younger. It's just hilarious to me.

lighten up bro :o

you know you like it

idk, I was always mystified by the show when I was younger. It's just hilarious to me.

lighten up bro :o

It wasn't bad, no offense, but that meme/whatever just looks stupid imo.

It wasn't bad, no offense, but that meme/whatever just looks stupid imo.

And suddenly, all was clear, as the true nature of all memes was revealed.

iiw it's supposed to be stupid. That's what makes it funny.

Plus, Kaka did it in like 10 minutes. Give the bro some credit.

And suddenly, all was clear, as the true nature of all memes was revealed.

iiw it's supposed to be stupid. That's what makes it funny.

Plus, Kaka did it in like 10 minutes. Give the bro some credit.

Oh. Makes perfect sense. I guess it's also obvious that not everybody will think something is that good even if they don't find some other memes that bad. Yeah I guess it doesn't look too bad since it was only made in 10 minutes.

Oh. Makes perfect sense. I guess it's also obvious that not everybody will think something is that good even if they don't find some other memes that bad. Yeah I guess it doesn't look too bad since it was only made in 10 minutes.

Well, I didn't say you had to think it was good or funny. You just seemed unnecessarily harsh on it. :I

Eh, whatever. I'm going to go over here and stare at my sig.

Well, I didn't say you had to think it was good or funny. You just seemed unnecessarily harsh on it. :I

Eh, whatever. I'm going to go over here and stare at my sig.

It may seem like that, sorry. But, it didn't seem very funny in the countless statuses mostly by Jax that I've seen have something like that, and while I never said anything, I already did start to get annoyed by it. So sorry.

And yeah, me too.

[spoiler=Episode 7]So they were both Whalesquids and Hideauze, as Mako mentioned before. I know they couldn't have followed Ledo, since they were said to have been on Earth since ancient times, but man, the suspense when they went underneath the fleet almost killed me. Well, not that suspenseful but still pretty good. Great in fact. Sucks the captain'll probably die though. Well, guess there had to be some death that I feel for.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=ep7]

OH SNAP

IT'S ALL STARTING TO MAKE SENSE

Hideauze originated from Earth, as is obvious, but this one takes it all a step further. At the moment, the Hideauze and the Humans have an odd relationship: The humans leave the Hideauze alone, and the Hideauze generate the electricity that the humans use. I think that's how it works. I also think SpaceHideauze and Humans became enemies as a direct result of the HUMANS actions.

On that note, I think Pinion might be evil. Not DIRECTLY, but he's showing some signs. Well, either that, or stupidly opportunistic.

Also, the Hideauze seem really, really smart. I mean, the ENTIRE pod went up to investigate why one of their members died. AND THERE WERE A LOT OF THEM. I MEAN HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT MANY. GEEEEZ.

suspiciously convenient death of commander yay?[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Episode 7]So they were both Whalesquids and Hideauze, as Mako mentioned before. I know they couldn't have followed Ledo, since they were said to have been on Earth since ancient times, but man, the suspense when they went underneath the fleet almost killed me. Well, not that suspenseful but still pretty good. Great in fact. Sucks the captain'll probably die though. Well, guess there had to be some death that I feel for.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=yeah]Seriously. I didn't think they'd rumble the entire Gargantia as they went by. And that wrench scene

ooo my heart[/spoiler]

Archived