Suisei no Gargantia

So yeah, it's started.

The beginning totally made me feel like this may be the first real mecha anime I'll be watching while airing. This is really nice of Gen Urobuchi. I'm sure there are more things I'm meaning to say about this, but so far it looks like an awesome start. Oh yeah, apparently a tragic death this early on. I didn't feel it. I felt more when it seemed like Red would have at least sustained a bit of injury. He's a neat little thing.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to a comment from you

I DID know, from this thread, thank you.

Your welcome.

It seems like someone must have held onto the 2 episode preair and then someone must have decided to put the subs out only now, cause the second episode is subbed already.

I just wonder when I'll actually watch episode 2 myself. I may wait until the 14th, just to see if it's still just airing weekly, but it probably is.

I can't say much from the first episode but hey, it's actually really interesting at least, so I'll also hype it a bit.

Oh yeah, apparently a tragic death this early on. I didn't feel it.

I don't think we were really SUPPOSED to. Less tragic death, more nobel (albeit forgettable purposly) death. As a way to really establish this sort of thing as normal. No tear eyed "DON'T DO IT!"s or anything. Just a "Yessir", and off he goes.

Episode 1 was awesome, btw. Getting to 2.

I don't think we were really SUPPOSED to. Less tragic death, more nobel (albeit forgettable purposly) death. As a way to really establish this sort of thing as normal. No tear eyed "DON'T DO IT!"s or anything. Just a "Yessir", and off he goes.

Episode 1 was awesome, btw. Getting to 2.

The way that was put made me laugh for some reason but right, makes sense.

The end of Ep. 2 was holy crap.

Seriously reminded me of the end of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. The Yankee, Clarence, and 52 of his men vs. 30,000 Knights and just about all of England.

The Yankee had Gatling Guns, Land Mines, and Electric Fences.

[i]It wasn't pretty.[/i]

The end of Ep. 2 was holy crap.

Seriously reminded me of the end of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. The Yankee, Clarence, and 52 of his men vs. 30,000 Knights and just about all of England.

The Yankee had Gatling Guns, Land Mines, and Electric Fences.

It wasn't pretty.

Totally.

I mean, did he have to do all that?

[spoiler==o]He didn't have to kill them...

unless that was the only weapon he was capable of using at the time.[/spoiler]

>There once was a place called land
... How do they even have oxygen? I suppose there are fairly obvious answers to that. I think.

In hindsight, it totally is. >.< Maybe the Galaxy things have something to do with it?

[spoiler=Anyway yeah,]he disintegrated people pretty much! :o[/spoiler]

Pretty much? You mean COMPLETELY. ._.

[spoiler==o]He didn't have to kill them...

unless that was the only weapon he was capable of using at the time.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=well]

Being raised in that sort of kill or be killed environment, I guess he never really thought of just scaring them off. They were threats to those he were with, and saw no reason to hold back.

'Cept I don't think natives will take too kindly to that display. I mean, sure, they were baddies, but it was rather horrifying, esp. for Bellows, who was RIGHT THERE WHEN THEY GOT ZAPPED. It seemed...inhumane, almost.

...Chamber represents a lack of humanity. Calling it.[/spoiler]

You always think of the stuff I don't when we watch the same anime. You're like the god of observa-*shot*

[spoiler=EDIT]I mean, I knew he was from another planet but... I often forget even the things in the synopsis until I actually see it in the show.

"To Redo, who has lived a life where he knows nothing but fighting, ..." [/spoiler]

I should definitely come back here to this section more often. ;D

Also, I it's somewhere aroung the 20th-21st. Yeah...

all of my wat

Well, this'll be a while.

Also, is it Red, Redo, or Ledo? Because in episode 1, the sub said Ledo, but in episode 2, it was Red. I was...momentarily confused. x_x

"Who's Red? I don't know a Red."

I think it's Red. The people doing the subs probably didn't get confirmation of his name right away, and I think that's why they changed it.

Cause it says here and I usually believe what this site has to say: http://myanimelist.net/character/75358/Red

Also, it says here which is apparently more credible in things related to anime: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-12-29/gargantia-on-the-verdurous-planet-anime-cast-announced

all of my wat

Well, this'll be a while.

Also, is it Red, Redo, or Ledo? Because in episode 1, the sub said Ledo, but in episode 2, it was Red. I was...momentarily confused. x_x

"Who's Red? I don't know a Red."

Well, there were only 2 episodes preaired, so 1-April 7, 2-April 14, 3-April 21.

Aw.

I'll always be confused. But I do know of another guy named Red made from Japan so I'm just going to go with that, along with the fact that it could just be that they used whatever they heard and made it all Engrishy sounding. I'll never know the real name unless I see some facts, though.

But yeah, I take ANN as being really cretible.

• 2 weeks later...

WHY IS THERE NO GIF OF THAT LITTLE JIG AMY DOES IN EPISODE TWO?

I WANTED TO POST THAT BUT NOW I CAN'T

Idk.

[spoiler=So yeah,] they really didn't take too kindly to the murdering. Though Red's still awfully pro at winning without taking lives. AND LEARNING JAPANESE.[/spoiler]

Just got done watching episode 3.

[spoiler='Thoughts']Ledo/Redo is my favorite protag of the season
Ledo's reasoning scene was fun to watch
Fanart of female pirate boss with two underlings is already flooding the internet.
Blonde guy still reminds me of Jerid from Zeta Gundam
[/spoiler]

The one thing I've noticed so far is that they are trying to introduce several conflicts regarding the Earthlings. However, I've yet to care about any of them except for Amy.

Idk.

[spoiler=So yeah,] they really didn't take too kindly to the murdering. Though Red's still awfully pro at winning without taking lives. AND LEARNING JAPANESE.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Eyup]Less "they" and more "Amy". Sure, I guess a couple others thought it was overkill, but Amy was the one who cared the most.

But she got over it really, really quickly for how much she didn't like it when it happened. Then again, they're pirates, so I'm not THAT surprised/displeaed.

As for the lives thing, he has super-duper scanners. That makes accidental killings a lot less common. Just goes to show how devices that can be used for killing can just as easily be used to prevent it.

[s]HE KNOWS MORE THAN I DO[/s][/spoiler]

Just got done watching episode 3.

[spoiler='Thoughts']Ledo/Redo is my favorite protag of the season
Ledo's reasoning scene was fun to watch
Fanart of female pirate boss with two underlings is already flooding the internet.
Blonde guy still reminds me of Jerid from Zeta Gundam
[/spoiler]

The one thing I've noticed so far is that they are trying to introduce several conflicts regarding the Earthlings. However, I've yet to care about any of them except for Amy.

[spoiler=Eeeeeeeeeyup]Ledo/Redo is my favorite protag of the season [b]He's definitely up there for me.[/b]

Ledo's reasoning scene was fun to watch [b]...Anything Red is kinda fun. ...Speaking of, I still can't tell on whether it's Ledo, Redo, or Red. I think Red is cool, BUT LEDO IS JUST AS COOL.[/b]

Fanart of female pirate boss with two underlings is already flooding the internet. [b]My surpise is null. xD[/b]

The one thing I've noticed so far is that they are trying to introduce several conflicts regarding the Earthlings. However, I've yet to care about any of them except for Amy. [b]...Amy had a conflict? I'd also appreciate it if you'd name some out. I have a few in mind, but I'd like to see the ones YOU found.[/b][/spoiler]

[spoiler=So yeah]

I came in hoping that Red/Ledo would have a Curb-Stomp One-Punch Man-esque battle against the pirates.

AND HE TOTALLY DID

I WAS SO HYPE WHEN HE PLAYED RING AROUND THE ROSEY WITH THE LOBSTER

.../makessenseincontext[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Eyup]Less "they" and more "Amy". Sure, I guess a couple others thought it was overkill, but Amy was the one who cared the most.

But she got over it really, really quickly for how much she didn't like it when it happened. Then again, they're pirates, so I'm not THAT surprised/displeaed.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=well]Fair point, but I'm not sure they'd have really forgiven him so easily if he didn't say he understood the problem/they weren't in such a mess. Amy did seem like the one who got over it the most unnaturally easily, if she was indeed the one most bothered by it, but it still doesn't seem like they'd have let it slide if given the opportunity. They wouldn't kill Red, of course, but still.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=well]Fair point, but I'm not sure they'd have really forgiven him so easily if he didn't say he understood the problem/they weren't in such a mess. Amy did seem like the one who got over it the most unnaturally easily, if she was indeed the one most bothered by it, but it still doesn't seem like they'd have let it slide if given the opportunity. They wouldn't kill Red, of course, but still.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=reeeeesponse]

>They wouldn't kill Red, of course, but still

Couldn't.

Couldn't kill Red. They all know that he VASTLY outmatches them in terms of firepower and armor (your machine guns do NOTHING), so I assume they're trying to keep him on their good side, lest he and Chamber single-handedly destroy ALL of Gargantia in a matter of minutes.

>I'm not sure they'd have really forgiven him so easily if he didn't say he understood the problem/they weren't in such a mess.

I was actually really surprised that the creators went that route. I figured they'd have Red be confused as to why they didn't want him to kill. But Bellows walks along with a chicken and everything turns alright. It went against my expectations, so I was pleasently surprised.

>"Again?!"

speaking of chicken, that was hilarious[/spoiler]

[spoiler=ALSO THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6BYGfwxL70[/spoiler]

[spoiler=On that note...]

Everyone on tumblr and everywhere is freaking out about Red saying thank you.

And I will agree.

That was adorable.

Please don't die horribly Red.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=reeeeesponse]
>They wouldn't kill Red, of course, but still

Couldn't.

Couldn't kill Red. They all know that he VASTLY outmatches them in terms of firepower and armor (your machine guns do NOTHING), so I assume they're trying to keep him on their good side, lest he and Chamber single-handedly destroy ALL of Gargantia in a matter of minutes.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=On that note...]
Everyone on tumblr and everywhere is freaking out about Red saying thank you.

And I will agree.

That was adorable.

Please don't die horribly Red.[/spoiler]

Right, I overlooked that one obvious thing. I'm clearly not gonna just forget about it though.

[spoiler=I will also agree.] Though, I was gonna say that considering the writer, something horrible must happen to one of the main characters, but it's already been 3 episodes for something just the same length as Madoka, so it's looking promising in the regard that there is a possibility nothing too horrible will happen. We can't have that whole thing happening too often with the same guy, or it just won't be surprising to people following his work.[/spoiler]

Right, I overlooked that one obvious thing. I'm clearly not gonna just forget about it though.

[spoiler=I will also agree.] Though, I was gonna say that considering the writer, something horrible must happen to one of the main characters, but it's already been 3 episodes for something just the same length as Madoka, so it's looking promising in the regard that there is a possibility nothing too horrible will happen. We can't have that whole thing happening too often with the same guy, or it just won't be surprising to people following his work.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Yeah]Everyone, including me, is practically down on our knees and praying "Please be happy, please be happy![/spoiler]

...Sunday, GET OVER HERE FASTER

[spoiler=Episode 4]Aw. I MEAN OMG HE CRIED. THAT'S LIKE, SO SURPRISING.

No seriously, I must admit I'm a little dumb for not thinking he would, at least this soon, when it does make sense.

lol @ Amy being so busy. I mean poor her.[/spoiler]

Archived