Zetsuen no Tempest

26762-Zetsuen.jpg

The story revolves around Mahiro Fuwa, a teenager whose sister was mysteriously murdered one year before, and his friend Yoshino Takigawa. Mahiro is contacted by Hakaze Kusaribe, the leader of the Kusaribe clan who was left stranded on an unknown deserted island by her followers, and agrees to help Hakaze in exchange for her help to find out the culprit for the death of his family. Upon learning of his friend's intentions, Yoshino joins him on his quest to stand against the Kusaribe clan who intends to awaken the "Tree of Exodus" whose power can bring ruin to the entire world.

Several dialogues and plot elements in Zetsuen no Tempest pay homage to two works of William Shakespeare, Hamlet and The Tempest, which coincidentally are two stories about retribution, albeit with completely opposing outcomes.

I think I'll jump straight in on the current episode.

[spoiler=episode 20]I thought that since Aika was the one who was DEAD, she couldn't be the Mage of Exodus. Am I missing the fact that I tend to not think of some obvious possibilities a lot of the time? and end up being all the more amazed.[/spoiler]

Thoughts?

Blast of Tempest was one of the better titles of the Fall line-up, and Fall had an awesome line-up, so that says something.

I eagerly anticipate it every week and I feel it's a clever story despite the nonsensical aspects to it (such as the identity of Yoshino's girlfriend, Hakaze's crush, etc).

[spoiler=As for Episode 20]

I really feel like I should have seen that coming, I really do, but I didn't.

I'm hoping we get a good fight from Aika and Hakaze next episode.[/spoiler]

Is this good? I'm considering watching this next.

Yeah, it's definitely at least worth checking out.

Is this that show where everyone stands around doing nothing but talk?

...well kinda, but that's not all there is to it. It has action and plot development throughout too, and it doesn't bore you despite all the talking.

If heavy dialogue turns you off though, I'd be careful going about this. 

Blast of Tempest was one of the better titles of the Fall line-up, and Fall had an awesome line-up, so that says something.

They were (almost) all the better titles!

Well I guess some of them were not that good. I wanted to drop Teekyuu but I went back and finished it anyway. It's just really hard to choose between that season.

Is this good? I'm considering watching this next.

So yeah, definitely worth checking out. 

Almost forgot to say, lol @ Mahiro when he denies having a sister complex. Well that isn't much of a spoiler really so I don't think I need to put it in one.

I'm absolutely loving every moment of this anime.

[spoiler=Episode 20]

Yeah, I saw this coming but I still find this to be an amazing plot twist. It was heavily foreshadowed by Hakaze after Yoshino revealed to Mahiro that he knew who Aika's boyfriend was.

Now we just wait for the fight that I assume will be pretty damn awesome and the reprecussions that follow.

[/spoiler]

Perhaps most importantly, Zetsuen no Tempest has bishies. Anime has had dangerously few bishounens in recent years.

I can't really say that, I do see a lot of them. 

Maybe comparatively speaking, but it's not like there are actually few of them.

[spoiler=Episode 21]

That was a pretty good fight, and did not see her killing herself coming. This episode made me like Aika more because she really is a unique individual.[/spoiler]

Oh yeah, and I didn't see that coming either. Agree on the whole post really.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 22]

Jeez, I feel like even though I'm still behind from computer troubles, I should be watching the next episode when it gets uploaded, instead of continuing in order. Hanemura gets some points for me and uh, ouch Yoshino, I feel bad that that was played for laughs.[/spoiler]

Archived