Arata Kangatari

Nicο

arata.jpg

Every 30 years, a new princess is chosen from the Hime family to serve the Hayagami. The time has come again, but over these past years, records state not a single female has been born, save for one, the 15 year old Arata. The only problem is, Arata is actually a male! Forced to disguise himself and take the place of the princess candidate until a formal one can be found, he attends the festival only to witness the current princess, Kokuri-hime, murdered, and his own life is forfeit as well, by the hands of the princess' personal guard, the 12 Shinshou. As he runs for his life, Kannagi of the 12 convinces everyone that Arata is the one who has murdered the princess instead, and now everyone in the Imperial Court is after his head!

Yes, the anime didn't start yet. (Apr 2013) But even though it isn't all that likely, I wanted to see if there was anyone here who has been reading the manga. I have, up to chapter 90 so far, and it's been very good for me.

Well I said I think it's good, and I have read almost 100. I say try a few more chapters. If the number of pages doesn't agree with you, most manga are like that, with more pages the first couple chapters. Most of the time they're around 17-20 pages. If that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Episode 1:

So besides the art, it is mostly unchanged... except for getting rid of completely unneeded fan service. 

They'll probably get to showing more of Brown Haired Arata's past later on. C'mon, I really like it.

Typical shounen stuff (If you like that, it should get at least a little better in like the second volume). Dunno why, but it caught my interest and I like it way more than most shounen. I kind of thought the anime would attract more people, but that may not end up being the case for this forum. If they don't end up having the time for some things they haven't gotten to yet, then it may as well be good that you did start reading the manga anyway.

It seems bad that this is only 12 episodes. As of episode 2 they are adapting it very well so if they keep that up, it could have at least went on for 24 or so episodes. I hope it gets a second season announced soon.

Archived