Cowboy Bebop

One of, if not the, greatest anime ever.

Should easily be in EVERYONE'S FAV 5.

Personally, I thought Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was the best anime ever created as of right now, but who knows what the future holds.

...most people will just say Dragonball Z are something. Sure, it's a classic, but the storyline isn't is complicated or as serious as most adult anime.

I dunno, I liked the first 2 episodes, but I have a feeling that if after a few months of not watching any more, and being interested in other anime enough to watch them instead, I don't think I like it all that much. I said the same thing about how I liked the first episode of Gintama, but it isn't interesting me enough compared to others.

I dunno, I liked the first 2 episodes, but I have a feeling that if after a few months of not watching any more, and being interested in other anime enough to watch them instead, I don't think I like it all that much. I said the same thing about how I liked the first episode of Gintama, but it isn't interesting me enough compared to others.

skip to 5, backtrack later. 

Everyone should see it once. 

skip to 5, backtrack later.

Everyone should see it once.

Thanks, but just someone saying that isn't really going to make me want to watch Still it, so I'm still not interested. I'm not really going to ever be if people keep saying things that can't be more than opinion like they're fact. Unlike the last post there.

I've seen the first two episodes only, and I'm going to watch the rest...later. Possibly in March when I'm home for break. "Tank!" is pretty much the best song ever, but I'll reserve judgment on the show itself until I watch more of it.

One thing has made itself readily apparent, however. Cowboy Bebop's dub is NOT very good. It's not awful or anything, and it's probably a bit above average, but it doesn't even equal its contemporary, Trigun, let alone the fantastic performances in more contemporary dubs like Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass, or the real king of dubs, Baccano. Again, it's not bad by any means, and it was probably good for its time, but by today's standards it's pretty lackluster.

I've seen the first two episodes only, and I'm going to watch the rest...later. Possibly in March when I'm home for break. "Tank!" is pretty much the best song ever, but I'll reserve judgment on the show itself until I watch more of it.

One thing has made itself readily apparent, however. Cowboy Bebop's dub is NOT very good. It's not awful or anything, and it's probably a bit above average, but it doesn't even equal its contemporary, Trigun, let alone the fantastic performances in more contemporary dubs like Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass, or the real king of dubs, Baccano. Again, it's not bad by any means, and it was probably good for its time, but by today's standards it's pretty lackluster.

The ending theme is also awesome.

I love the voice acting, it sounds so cool...

It seems like no one is ever happy with dubs on here.

Why are ppl stopping right before Faye's introduction? Admittedly 2 is a low point but come now... Addendum to earlier, skip to 5, then watch 6, then go back to the beginning. And not a good dub? Sorry, I dont agree with that at all. The main crew is absolutely solid and the rotating cast of supporting characters are decent. Steve Blum, carry me away with your voice! I like how you can go to just about any random episode and jump into the fun. The only 5 plot episodes being stellar in and of themselves. Also Tank isnt the only good thing about the soundtrack. Jazz and blues all over. Shame it's out of print.

i think episode 2 is fine. i think all the episodes are good. and the dub work is incredible. if you think trigun is a better dub than cowboy bebop i honestly have to question that opinion because i feel it is absolutely not true.

if youre having trouble watching it, my only suggestion is keep at it if you want as (with any series) it picks up by the middle. you absolutely dont have to though. no ones gonna hold it against you for not liking a thing. well, no one SHOULD and if they do ill beat em up.

This isn't one of those anime that looks bad in comparison to others.

The reason everyone considers "opinion" as fact, is because it's widely accepted as one of the greatest anime of all time. Hell, it's probably one of the best series of all time in general.

In either case. You should watch it

Or I'll come for you ._.

This isn't one of those anime that looks bad in comparison to others.

The reason everyone considers "opinion" as fact, is because it's widely accepted as one of the greatest anime of all time. Hell, it's probably one of the best series of all time in general.

In either case. You should watch it

Or I'll come for you ._.

From what I've heard, that was because of it being brought over to the west. It apparently wasn't able to get proper showings in Japan until later, but I don't tend to have as much interest in that kind of thing as others do. See, people have different tastes. Maybe I should watch it, but if I'm enjoying whatever else I'm doing, I'm pretty sure I should do that too.

Yeah, this anime's top-notch. It's one of those rare episodic anime that I actually liked marathoning because the characters, music, and especially the fluid action and animation engaged me entirely. The latter's an even greater feat considering the time it was made.
And Spike's coolness personified. Steve Blum's voicing is icing on the cake.
It actually had a decent movie too.
Overall, definitely one of the better titles out there and it could make for a good gateway anime for anyone who's curious.

The ending theme is also awesome.

I love the voice acting, it sounds so cool...

It seems like no one is ever happy with dubs on here.

It's not dubs I have a problem with. Well, I do prefer subs pretty much all the time, but there are good dubs. There are great dubs. There are perfect dubs. Bebop's dub might be the first, but not the second or third.

Trigun has a good dub. Evangelion has a good dub. Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood have great dubs. Code Geass has a great dub. Gundam 00 has a great dub. Rebuild of Evangelion has a great dub. And Baccano! has a perfect dub. Cowboy Bebop's dub is considered as good as it is because 1) people like the show, 2) they saw it dubbed (first), and 3) they saw it at an impressionable age.

Archived