The Edge Chronicles

Alice Moonflowyr

Edge.PNG

I've been meaning to reread this awesomeness. The series is composed of nine books. Beyond the Deepwoods, Stormchaser, Midnight over Santaphrax, The Curse of the Gloamglozer, The Last of the Sky Pirates, Vox, Freeglader, The Winter Knights, and Clash of the Sky Galleons.

The series is divided three distinct trilogies, the Twig Trilogy, the Quint Trilogy, and the Rook Trilogy, each containing a different set of characters in a different spot in this worlds timeline. Deepwoods, Stormchaser, and Santaphrax are part of the Twig trilogy, Gloamglozer, Winter Knights, and Clash are part of the Quint Trilogy, and Sky Pirates, Vox, and Freeglader are part of the Rook Trilogy.

The Quint trilogy takes place earliest in the timeline, followed by the Twig trilogy, then the Rook trilogy. I reccomend reading the Twig trilogy first, then Sky Pirates, Vox, and Freeglader, then the Quint Trilogy. I consider the Quint Trilogy little more than backstory, although it's backstory at its finest, with a plotline of its own.

The worldbuilding in this series is exceptional, and is very well fleshed-out and explained. The different species of creatures, and the fact that there are so many, add a lot to this. Humans are not the dominant/most common race in this series by far, and are equaled by quite a few more, such as the Brogtroll, the Cloddertrog, the many different Waif species, quite a few kinds of goblin, and my personal favorite, the Banderbear.

The antagonists, such as the Gloamglozer, Screed, Vox, and especially the Shrykes, are all very well-written.

This is a truly amazing series, and I reccomend it highly for anyone looking to get lost in a fantasy world of sky pirates, danger, and very creepy forests.

This series gets a 5/5 rating.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived