checked to see if it was Inb4
surprised that it is not yet.

Not gonna lie Psycho-pass is some dope s***.

The reflection of its society in comparison to ours and how people are naturally adapted to the life that's simply easiest to pluck.

plus the animations its self and fluid and kick ass.

theories, analysis and talking bout how hype this s*** is, throw it out there!

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1358166883' post='6120486']
I f***ing love the villain. Fabulous writing on him.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same, the way he drives the series is pretty impressive.
The same basic principal mentality of the joker, but with a far more impacting and mind-f*** delivery thanks to the well and intricately developed environment.

He is one of those villains a lot can see themselves siding with to grasp the concept of true will and freedom

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1358181169' post='6120610']
Got bored of the characters after the first few episodes. maybe i'll pick it up again after it ends.
[/quote]

I wasn't too into it at first either, but when I watched episodes 4-11 to catch up, I got hooked in, so I'd say it's worth a revisit.

This show kinda reminds me of Darker Than Black a bit. Dark tones in the story, vigilantes hunting down other vigilantes, people with complex emotions faced with complex dilemmas, and it even follows the same 2-episode-arc formula.

Not to mention the character models remind me a lot of Reborn's.
It is a high quality title, one of the better ones in the Fall line-up.

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1358181169' post='6120610']
Got bored of the characters after the first few episodes. maybe i'll pick it up again after it ends.
[/quote]

although the pace starts slowly its vital for the development of the characters, all of them will be introduced more and more and they will seem more and more interesting. Just the basis of a thriller genre/type anime

[color=#0000CD]I've been watching this anime since the beginning and seriously enjoying it.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]It was also made by the same guy who made Peulla Magi Madoka Magica.[/color]

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1358190531' post='6120723']
Not to mention the character models remind me a lot of Reborn's.
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]I thought the exact same thing when I first saw the pic for it in the fall anime line up.[/color]

[quote name='finiteGunslinger' timestamp='1358199532' post='6120901']
[color=#0000CD]I've been watching this anime since the beginning and seriously enjoying it.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]It was also made by the same guy who made Peulla Magi Madoka Magica.[/color]

[color=#0000CD]I thought the exact same thing when I first saw the pic for it in the fall anime line up.[/color]
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the artist is exactly the same as reborn's
and yeah I felt the same in the beginning personally. The delivery had a way of getting me real curious about the this societies concept

[quote name='WTFauKorean' timestamp='1358206412' post='6121054']
I'm pretty sure the artist is exactly the same as reborn's
[color=#0000CD]Yeah, I looked it up and Akira did the character designs.[/color]
and yeah I felt the same in the beginning personally. The delivery had a way of getting me real curious about the this societies concept
[color="#0000cd"]I'll certainly have to agree here. It was an interesting concept and even now I keep wondering, "There's no way something like this could really exist, right?"[/color]
[/quote]

• 4 months later...

The best part about this series was remembering that Sora thinks he's Makishima, merely a second before I watched Makishima's brains get blown out.

Beautiful.

The worst part? I hated the ending. The entire series was great, but the ending left a bad taste in my mouth, and not the kind that a fan makes when wanting a happy ending or a show to keep going.

Oh and the "it seems like they were destined to meet" thing is pretty much bullshit and doesn't really fit with any of the other themes presented in the story.

The first few episodes are boring. The next few episodes are dark, twisted, and sometimes hard to watch... in a good way. The rest of it, I couldn't help but watch straight through.

This show kinda reminds me of Darker Than Black a bit. Dark tones in the story, vigilantes hunting down other vigilantes, people with complex emotions faced with complex dilemmas, and it even follows the same 2-episode-arc formula.

I'd think a better comparison would be Minority Report.

Okay, I'm done. Bye peeps.

[spoiler=About the ending]

I was personally alright with it, even with my predisposition for happy endings in general. It fit right in with the rest of the series in its tone and atmosphere and the irony with Akane and Ginoza switching roles, as well as Ginoza following in his dad's footsteps, was good to see.

It also didn't unrealistically blow things way out of proportion just for the sake of a "cool finale". Makishima didn't have his showdown on top of the Empire State building or die a dramatic death. He was chased down and shot, just like any other fugitive criminal nowadays. He was also a very compelling antagonist, this industry needs more of those.[/spoiler]

So yeah, this anime was pretty pro and I recommend it to anybody looking for something dark or thrilling.

Archived