Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

Susie

cowboy bebop has (imo) a better dub than sub. but its not the voices i mind, like i said. they removed a lot of the humor that made psg great and replaced it with stupid pop culture references for "western" audiences. they also made a joke about roman polanski which was just in really poor tatse, especially considering what roman polanski is in jail for.

except my point is making jokes like every single joke in the sub, where are gross but not particularly offensive unless you hold more traditional values arent comparable to going "this dude is in trouble for raping a kid. funny!"

the difference isnt whether the jokes are "in bad taste" or anything like that. the difference is the first set of jokes dont hurt anyone. no ones hurt when, for example, panty and stocking fight with each other like sisters do and they cuss each other out. but lots of people are hurt when you talk about child molestation and use it for a punchline.

[quote name='clairedestroyer' timestamp='1355529644' post='6093343']the difference is the first set of jokes dont hurt anyone.
[/quote]
Except lots of people.

[quote name='some degenerate' timestamp='1355529801' post='6093346']
S2... I want to believe...

...But this is Gainax we're talking about...
[/quote]
Christmas is coming up, maybe they'll go on vacation and get wasted again.

People who complain about child molestation really need to learn to chill out
It's not like they're supporting it, they're just simply making a joke about it
I doubt that the majority of people find pedo jokes to be too much
Since we all can take Pedobear as a joke

And know im reminded of some of PSG's dvd features, like Aaron Dismuke (who is remembered as a CHILD actor as Alphonse Elric) making the following joke:

"So my girlfriend and I decide to liven up our love life by using costumes.
I so get the idea in my head to dress up as the Purple Teletubbie, TinkieWinkie.
Y'know because what six year old doesnt want to meet her hero."

I feel awful 'bout saying it, by I found the joke hilarious.

I was watching PSG subbed, but got bored fairly early into it. Saw some of the Dub months later and got a bit further along.
The crude language works well with the crude humour, and episodes like the Sperm Ghosts work much better with the English puns.
Plus with all the Western references the show has anyway, the English track seems pretty fitting to me.

Also, Relevant:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWfGQ3U9B88[/media]

That and I think the dub goes better with swears.

[quote name='MoogSourceVermona' timestamp='1355530425' post='6093355']
People who complain about child molestation really need to learn to chill out
It's not like they're supporting it, they're just simply making a joke about it
[/quote]
And the thing is, they weren't actually making a joke about it. Panty was having a movie debut and the line was something like, "They let Roman Polanski out of jail to direct this." It was only a joke about how important the movie was, it didn't actually have anything to do with Polanski himself or child molestation.

Started watching this show the day before yesterday. Watching it with subs, because I do that with every anime. Anyway, I've seen the first 3 episodes so far.

I'm going to start by saying I love the soundtrack. In fact, the song "Fly Away" is stuck in my head right now. As for what I think of the characters introduced thus far?

Panty: Eh, I'm not liking her too much as of now. She's too egotistical for my taste (especially in Sex and the Daten City), and is a lot more rude than Stocking is. I like the shape of her hair, though.

Stocking: I really like her. I find her relatable in that I too like sweet foods. I also love her design, especially her hair (it reminds me of Twilight from MLP: FiM). She's also not as much of a jerk as Panty is. So, I'm liking her. She'll probably stay on top of my favorite characters list for this show.

Garterbelt: I find him cool as well. Though, from what I've seen, he needs more screentime. The beginning of the second part of episode 3 gave me some hope for that, but he didn't appear again in the episode after Panty & Stocking left.

Chuck: Don't know what to say about him other than that he seems to spaz out a lot. And that people abuse him. The abuse of Chuck kind of reminds me of the abuse of both Gema and Nazo Gema from Di Gi Charat, just multiplied by 1,000.

Brief: Well, he hasn't gotten too much screentime so far, but he seems cool. Not much to say about him at only 3 episodes in.

Anyway, moving on from the characters, I really like the animation style in this show. As it's meant to look like American animation, it is very unique from other animes I've seen. The way they draw out sound effects similar to a comic book is cool, too. I must say, this visuals, the music, and Stocking, are what's making me come back to this show.

Yes the soundtrack was amazing
Fly Away is my most listened to song
According to iTunes I've literally listened to it over 100 times
I love that song

I think that Stocking is my favorite character
I find her to be cute and pleasant
And I can relate to her more easily since I'm a candy freak

I'm actually sucking on a jolly rancher as I'm typing this out (grape flavour, if anyone is curious)

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1355550290' post='6093636']
And the thing is, they weren't actually making a joke about it. Panty was having a movie debut and the line was something like, "They let Roman Polanski out of jail to direct this." It was only a joke about how important the movie was, it didn't actually have anything to do with Polanski himself or child molestation.
[/quote]

Wow what stupidity has parts of humanity become

Archived