Death Note

Cloister

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to comment, but then didn't get round to digging up the volume where Mikami writes in the Death Note on the Train (or rather tha fake Death Note.)

I always rooted for L, because I see the moral justification in what he was doing. Light whilst his goals made sense he was indiscriminate in his killings (ignoring any background reasons such as killing in self defence) and I remember a fanfic where he had to kill someone even though he'd witnessed the reasoning behind the crime they'd commited. I admit I sometimes feel the way he did in terms of the world, but holding it hostage and ruling by fear is too far. (I like how Ryuk told him that the only one who would be left rotten was him), which is why I always use Stone Sour's Come What(ever) May to describe Light's rule.

I still need to get round to reading that book Byond.

Would really love an impression of what Beyond looks like when he's not acting as L's backup or rather deranged clone. Could be nice to start with the found of Wammys and if A's suicide affected Beyond (if was the straw that broke the camel's back) or was he just a ticking bomb and the whole becoming L's Backup got to him.

I'm not really a fan of Near, just never was. He did 'work' with Mello, but both only took what they needed from each other, but I do appreciate him realising he couldn't have defeat Kira without Mello's help making Mikami acting on impulse. Near is too much like that child who achieved things in school, but never seemed to work nearly as hard as you. Mello's attitude just appeals to me more, the whole bad boy thing.

L had to die, because the story would have stagnated too much, Light had just too much of a noose round both Rem, and L's necks for there to be an alternative escape. Light just couldn't let the 13 day rule be proved fake.

Using how to read 13 dates:
Near
D.O.B 24/8/91,
L's death confirmed to M&N: 5/12/04 (13 Years Old)
Date of Light's Death: 26/1/10 (Near was 18 years old)

Imo, the series should have ended this way:

L tested the fake rule secretly without Light knowing, thus proving that Light was Kira. But then L's death wouldn't be as natural (or whatever) if Light was caught. So yeah, it went on for a little longer than it should've. If Light got away and became the ruler of the new world, that would have been the worst ending that could've been.

The ending would have been bad if Light won. L was about to prove that the rule was fake. But Rem killed L before he could do that. And if L would have made the criminal write in the note, L would have won and Light lose. I was hoping L suceeded with the plan. Stupid Ohba killed L.

I like the Manga a little bit more than the Anime since the Manga tells more of what happens than the Anime. But both are excelent.

I doubt Light would have lost if L did get a criminal to write in the Death Note, he still had the pawns of Misa and Rem in play and the rest of the taskforce as Near and Mello both said were pretty useless. Sure L could have kept it secret like when he picked Lind L. Taylor (unreported death row prisoner) as a proxy, but I think Rem would have still felt cornered and killed the criminal, L and Watari.

Well, you might be right. He should have made it in secret (atleast from Light and Rem and Misa), though it would have been hard to keep it from Rem.

I doubt Misa would be prosecuted as Kira 2 if L would have suceeded though.

There is one thing that bothers me, there are only guys that are child prodigies - L, Near and Mello. Dont consider Light to be one since I know people much smarter than he is.

I wanted a girl to suceed L. Wanted to see a girl suceed L. But anyway, now that Near entered the pic, I didn't mind him and that there were no girl prodigy.

For L is all about proving Light was Kira, so Misa wouldn't have been so interesting to pursuit if she'd been Kira 1, L probably would have never gotten so involved, because Light appealed to him on intellectual level.

Linda was mentioned (although she was an artist later on (she drew them the portrait of Mello)). Maybe more female characters would have been good especially in the prodigy department, but I'm happy enough with the characters of L, Near, Mello and Matt.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1355942841' post='6098200']
Well Mello and Near's artwork was originally the opposite way round (How To Read 13), so a girl might not have been a stretch, but to be honest I couldn't see a girl being they way they acted.
[/quote]

Tsundere Mello x Matt... I have a strongly worded letter to write...

Archived