Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Shradow

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fc/MadokaBD.jpg/230px-MadokaBD.jpg[/img][/center]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]In the city of Mitakihara, a 14-year old girl named Madoka Kaname and her best friend Sayaka Miki are approached by a strange familiar named Kyubey. This creature offers a contract in which a girl can have any wish granted in exchange for becoming a magical girl tasked with fighting against Witches, manifestations of despair that are responsible for unexplained murders and suicides. Meanwhile, a transfer student named Homura Akemi tries to stop Madoka from becoming a magical girl at all costs. As Madoka contemplates becoming a magical girl, she learns that a magical girl's life isn't as glamarious as she thought and is filled with anguish, suffering and despair. Soon coming to learn the dark secrets between magical girls and witches and the burden it places on her friends, Madoka struggles to decide if there really is a wish worth risking her life for. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]With the recent airing of the first two flims and the third film airing next year, as well as consideration of a new Madoka Magica show and further films, I decided to make a topic on this amazing anime.[/size][/font][/color]

For those unaware, the third movie is a continuation of the series. From what I know so far, Hitomi will feature a more prominent role, and there will be the return of witches and Madoka.

I had a link to the post-credits (of the second movie) scene trailer of it in my last status, but since yesterday the video has been taken down.

[size=6][font=arial, sans-serif] /人[color=#800000]◕[/color] ‿‿ [color=#800000]◕[/color]人\[/font][/size]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]From my understanding the first movies basically retold the original plot with recycled footage. But i'd still like to see them. Do subs exist yet? [/size][/font]

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1350926693' post='6050765']
They were subbed.

Does PMMM even have a dub? I never bothered to find out.
[/quote]
Yep. Done by Aniplex of America, because Aniplex knew only they, the show's original distributor, could properly due it injustice. I think the consensus is that it's bad, except for JesuOtaku who thinks it's not good. Lots of disagreement on this topic, you can see
.[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1350926963' post='6050767']
It does indeed.

I'll just wait for them to hit the net, then. Pretty psyched for the 3rd movie, though not sure about another season.
[/quote]
I know the third movie is going to be bad, but I also know it's going to be good. It's extremely confusing.

• 1 year later...

I've never seen the dub version of it.

I watched it back when it was being transmitted originally, with all those unedited commercials of "Morning Rescue". It was hilarious.

The anime is among my personal favorites.

The first 2 (subbed) movies I watched back in September at theaters. It was good, but it was good because the series is good. If you took out the openings and endings of all episodes and watched all episodes in a row like that, you'd roughly even take the same time it takes for both movies to be watched. It has a couple scenes here and there that weren't in the show, like small clips of Madoka growing up, and details like that, but other than that. Yeah.

Archived