JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Admittedly, I know little about this old manga turned anime. But I know enough that i want to see it.

[spoiler='Scenes from ep 1'][img]http://randomc.net/image/JoJos%20Bizarre%20Adventure%20The%20Animation/JoJos%20Bizarre%20Adventure%20The%20Animation%20-%2001%20-%2009.jpg[/img]

Hmm, so the pics of awesome Japanese sound effects stopped working. And they were my favourite part of the episode...
Oh well, you'll hafta see it for yourself :D[/spoiler]

Oh yeah, I'm going to enjoy this. But i'll be glad when JoJo is older next episode and hopefully has a deeper voice.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole opening post is full of "visit place x"s.

[quote name='RestLess AC' timestamp='1349724738' post='6040435']
Dio Brando. That is all.
[/quote]
Yeah, I hate him already.

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1349724124' post='6040426']
[spoiler='Scenes from ep 1'][img]http://randomc.net/image/JoJos%20Bizarre%20Adventure%20The%20Animation/JoJos%20Bizarre%20Adventure%20The%20Animation%20-%2001%20-%2009.jpg[/img]

Hmm, so the pics of awesome Japanese sound effects stopped working. And they were my favourite part of the episode...
Oh well, you'll hafta see it for yourself :D[/spoiler][/quote]Ah, I really liked that, really nice touch. :D

[spoiler=Episode 2 is out (spoiler for spoilers)]The mask turns people into vampires? :o

I haven't seen anything else related to JoJo before this TV anime, so... yeah. This episode makes me dislike Dio even more. He is a really good antagonist, I guess.[/spoiler]

Watching it now, and I actually spotted a subbing failure.
[spoiler=did][img]http://i.imgur.com/14Q8M.png[/img][/spoiler]

And the first thing they called those things were zombies... they are using several things I knew from zombies and from vampires, and I just now heard Zeppeli call that crazy guy a vampire. Huh.

Well, I guess ep 5 answered some things I was confused about. (although it could have been a subbing problem since they messed up grammar wise at least once last episode) [spoiler=If] they were already dead they would easily be zombies. Not sure about others though, but I would think that you can't be alive and then be a zombie, you have to have a corpse first.[/spoiler] So, I guess the ones who put on the mask are probably vampires like I first thought?

• 4 weeks later...

Being a fan from this series for quite a while, and having read the whole manga and watched the old OVAs with Jotaro, I am quite happy to see this series coming back, but I would like to just ask one smal thing before getting into the whole convo.
This is the first part with Jonathan followign the original manga line or it's filler?

[quote name='Gabriel Maeso' timestamp='1355349012' post='6091548']
Being a fan from this series for quite a while, and having read the whole manga and watched the old OVAs with Jotaro, I am quite happy to see this series coming back, but I would like to just ask one smal thing before getting into the whole convo.
This is the first part with Jonathan followign the original manga line or it's filler?
[/quote]Was Part 1, Part 2 just started with episode 10.

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1355009649' post='6088579']
Straights. ALL of the "F*** that guy". Me and the new JoJo agree on this.

And Erina became a no-nonsense grandma :)

[spoiler=';'(']Speedwagon :'([/spoiler]
[/quote]Agree. :(

Has someone found episode 12 subbed already?
Straits and Jojo's fight was identical to the manga, so far it was mostly identical to the manga, that makes me happy.
But I want to see Santana's(the man in the pillar we know) fight with Joseph, also want to know how they will make the other 3.
Speedwagon wouldn't fall that easily not even to Straits! Bwahahahahaha! Go for it old man.

Anyone else noticed that the german guy that revived Santana looks like Speedwagoon in his younger years? or that's just me?

[spoiler='A bit about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Music:']
I dunno if you guys know this, but it is quite interesting the connections of Jojo and music.

General and Phantom Blood saga:
The idea of Jojo came from the song "Get Back" by The Beetles.
The 4 demons fought by Straitz back in Dio's place are named after Led Zeppelin members, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and John Bonham.

Battle Tendency Saga:
If I remember Well the other 3 pillar guys we can see in the oppening names are Wham, ACDC and Cars(also translades as Kaaz). Wham and ACDC being obvious references to the bands, and Cars being a reference to the song "Cars" by Gary Numan.
Also Santana's name comes from either from the band Santana or from the musician Carlos Santana, there was enver a clear specification on this part.

Stardust Crusader Saga:
Most of the Stands that aren't based on tarrot cards have their names based on Bands or Songs so as their users.
Like the D'darby brothers, or Vanilla and his stand Ice Cream.

Those are the musical facts I remember from sagas 1 to 3, if you know any other, would be nice to put it up I guess.
[/spoiler]

JoJo's is full of music references. Zepelli is a reference to Led Zepellin, Dire and Straits are a reference to the band Dire Straits, in part 4 they introduce stands named after bands or songs (Killer Queen, Echoes, Foo Fighters, Kiss, Purple Haze), Speedwagon is named after the band REO Speedwagon (his name is Roberdr Edward O. Speedwagon), Dio Brando is named after the late Black SAbbath frontman, Dio. There's probably a bunch more that I can't remember.
As for Stroheim looking like Speedwagon, I don't really see it.
I don't want to spoil anything, but you're gonna love what happens to Stroheim later on.

Archived