• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Omekata Arc in Future Diary featuring 1st, 2nd, 4th, (5th,) 6th, (7th, 8th,) 9th, and 12th. It was all a gigantic battle, and probably the best fight in the anime. It featured all the best characters.

Also, EVAs V.S. Zeruel from the Evangelion "Ha" Movie. No need to explain why.

Apart from that, already mentioned but Kira V.S. L.

Finally, this is Yugioh, but Z-ONE V.S. Aporia.

Dharc's Top 15 Anime Fights (in no particular order):
[list=1]
[*]Team Dai-Gurren vs. Anti-Spirals (TTGL the Movie: All the Lights in the Sky are Stars, AKA Lagann-hen)
[*]Simon vs Anti-Spiral (Lagann-hen)
[*]Team Dai-Gurren vs Cathedral Lazengann (TTGL the Movie: Childhood's End, AKA Gurren-hen)
[*]Ichigo Kurosaki vs Ulquiorra Cifer (Bleach)
[*]Aquarion Mars (Pierre, Apollo, Sirius) vs Harvest Beasts (Sousei no Aquarion)
[*]Uryu Ishida, Renji Abarai, and Mayuri Kurotsuchi vs Szaeyl-Aporro Granz (Bleach)
[*]Yusei Fudo vs Z-ONE (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's; possibly the only 5D's thing I actually enjoyed)
[*]Ryoga Kamishiro vs IV (Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL)
[*]Shunsui Kyoraku and Jushiro Ukitake vs Coyotte Starrk and Lilynette Gingerbuck (Bleach)
[*]Ash Ketchum vs Paul (Pokémon Diamond and Pearl)
[*]Masaomi's Throh vs Stephan's Sawk (Pokémon: Best Wishes!)
[*]Ash Ketchum vs Suwama (Pokémon: Best Wishes!)
[*]Ganta Igarashi and Nagi Kengamine vs Azuma Genkaku (Deadman Wonderland)
[*]Ganta Igarashi vs Minatsuki Takami (Deadman Wonderland)
[*]Naruto Uzumaki vs Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto)
[/list]

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1344376033' post='6000376']
Here's a challenge. Make a top 15/25 list with each entry being from a separate series, i.e. no two fights from the same anime. gogogo
[/quote]

Adding to my previous suggestions:

1. Naruto vs Pain (Naruto)
2. Gohan vs Cell (Dragonball Z)
3. Team Dai-Gurren vs Anti-Spiral (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
4. Deimon Devilbats vs Teikoku Alexanders (Eyeshield 21)
5. Whitebeard Pirates vs Marine Headquarters/Shichibukai/Blackbeard Pirates (One Piece)
6. Yusuke vs Sensui (YuYu Hakusho)
7. Ichigo vs Ulquiorra (Bleach)
8. Father vs Everyone (Fullmetal Alchemist)
9. Kenichi/Kenpachi vs Tirawit Kokin/Agaard Jum Sai (History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi)
10. Light vs L (Death Note)
11. Negi vs Jack Rekan (Negima)
12. Tsuna vs Xanxus (Reborn!)
13. Mugen vs Jin (Samurai Champloo)
14. Spike vs Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)
15. Kenshin vs Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin)

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1344376033' post='6000376']
Here's a challenge. Make a top 15/25 list with each entry being from a separate series, i.e. no two fights from the same anime. gogogo
[/quote]

Again, in no particular order:[list=1]
[*]Simon vs Anti-Spiral (Lagann-hen)
[*]Izuru Kira vs. Avirama Redder (Bleach)
[*]Aquarion Mars (Pierre, Apollo, Sirius) vs Harvest Beasts (Sousei no Aquarion; Episode 15 - "Aquarion's First Love")
[*]Ash Ketchum vs Paul (Pokémon Diamond and Pearl; Episode 186 - 188)
[*]Naruto Uzumaki vs Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto; The Valley of the End fight, obviously.)
[*]Kazuma vs Ryuhou (s-CRY-ed; Episode 26 - "Dream")
[*]Ganta Igarashi and Senji Kiyomasa vs Hagire Rinichirō (Deadman Wonderland)
[*]Ryoga Kamishiro vs IV (Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL; Episode 57 - 58)
[*]Masaomi's Throh vs Stephan's Sawk (Pokémon Best Wishes!; Episode 74 - "Commanding the Clubsplosion Crown!")
[*]Ash Ketchum vs Harrison (Pokémon; Episode 271 - 272)
[*]EVA 02 vs Mass-Production EVAs (End of Evangelion)
[*]Tobi/Madara Uchiha vs. Konan (Naruto Shippuden)
[*]Captain Bravo vs Moonface (Buso Renkin)
[*]Syaoran vs. Syaoran Clone (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)
[*]Investigation Team vs. Tohru Adachi (Persona 4: The Animation)
[/list]

A fight is only as good as its conclusion, which is why a lot of these I would have to disqualify out-of-hand. (Quotes [b]bolded[/b] because I exceeded the maximum number of quote blocks allowed per post)

[b]3. Naruto Vs. Pain [Naruto Shippuden][/b]
Exciting, yes, but good, not really. The final conclusion, where Nagato simply presses Ctrl+Z on the last ten episodes, is appalling, but I guess that's not really part of the fight. This fight also includes the most hilarious episode of Naruto ever, with the Roadrunner playing the part of Lord Pain.

[b]4. Sakura and Chiyo Vs. Sasori [Naruto Shippuden][/b]
A complete joke on every level. This fight only existed in order to convince us that Sakura wasn't useless anymore (boy was that ever a lie). Based on what we are [i]told[/i], Sasori is probably the most powerful ninja we have yet seen. He started the bloodiest war in shinobi history, you know. By himself. What we are [i]shown[/i]is him parading a series of increasingly powerful abilities which are all swatted aside by an eighty-year-old woman and a girl whose only ability is to punch stuff really hard.

[b]6. Ichigo Vs. Ulquiora [Bleach][/b]
When this fight was fresh, I absolutely would have agreed. But now it has become clear that there is [i]no explanation[/i] for Ichigo's super-Hollow form, and there will never be one. Which basically means that instead of Ulquiorra getting stuck by the sharp end of a new plot thread, Ulquiorra got stuck by the sharp end of Tite Kubo's pen.

[b]7. Gaara Vs. Rock Lee [Naruto][/b]
Automatically rejected for containing the words "Rock Lee". Other than that, though, yeah, that rocked. Well, I have a complaint about the Eight Inner Gates deal, but that's separate from the fight itself.

[b]9. Ichigo Vs. Grimmjow [Bleach][/b]
It's eventually apparent over the course of the fight that Grimmjow is stronger than Ichigo. Ichigo wins the fight. Ichigo does not become any more powerful during the fight. Explain plz

[b]15. Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Naruto Vs. Orochimaru and Kabuto [Naruto][/b]
A fight that served no purpose and had no conclusion. What is this doing here?

[b]17. Ichigo, Isshin, and Kisuke Vs. Aizen [Bleach][/b]
When Ichigo clearly outmatched Aizen but before he used Slow-Moving Black Projectile of Moderate Effectiveness...that was cool. Everything else was crap. Including and especially the end, which got everything wrong it was possible to get wrong, and probably more as well.

[b]18. Jiraiya Vs. Pain [Naruto Shippuden][/b]
Did you notice how Jiraiya doesn't really have any, like, abilities?

[b]Gaara VS Deidara [Naruto Shippuden][/b]
One of my least favorite fights, not because it's objectively bad, but because as I watched I realized an unstoppable force had met an immovable object. Gaara was better, that was obvious, but at the same time I already knew the Akatsuki were going to non on his Tailed Beast.

[b]Deoxys VS Rayquaza [Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys][/b]
That seems...out of place. I actually watched it recently because I'd never seen it and it was on Netflix. The entire fight is Deoxys hitting Rayquaza a good hundred times, Rayquaza hitting Deoxys twice, and neither one having any effect on the other.

[b]Mew VS MewTwo [Pokemon The Movie][/b]
Except that fight had no conclusion and...didn't really happen. Like, at all. They just sort of body-slammed each other a bit and then did that thing with the thing and then Ash turned to stone.

[b]Father vs Everyone[/b]
Okay, you use the word 'fight', but wasn't the whole thing just everyone pelting Father with stuff and him blocking it all without retaliating. Hm, well...he did [i]something[/i]
, I just can't remember what.

[b]Finally, this is Yugioh, but Z-ONE V.S. Aporia.[/b]
Wait, Vs. Aporia? The broad strokes were cool, but virtually everything that actually [i]happened [/i]was kinda stupid, no?

[b]How about Kimimaro vs. Sennoza from [C] (Actually, like, the worst fight I've ever seen)...[/b]
Was that the one where what's-her-name was basically slaughtered in two seconds, and then they won offscreen?

[b]Uryu Ishida, Renji Abarai, and Mayuri Kurotsuchi vs Szaeyl-Aporro Granz (Bleach)
Shunsui Kyoraku and Jushiro Ukitake vs Coyotte Starrk and Lilynette Gingerbuck (Bleach)[/b]
Are you trying to make a list of my least-favorite Bleach fights, or was that just a coincidence?

[b]Ryoga Kamishiro vs IV (Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL)[/b]
First half; AMAZING. Second half? Ummm...

[quote name='DaTrunksinator' timestamp='1343429230' post='5990530']
i've heard cowboy bebop, death note, and elfen lied are the top rated, but i dont wanna watch elfen lied, too brutal and depressing.
[/quote]
It's also boring, stupid, and awful. I got, er...two episodes (?) from finishing it and decided this was clearly not worth it. Also, if you've seen any clips of the fighting in the show, you have probably seen [i]all[/i] of the fighting in the entire show.

Personally, I enjoyed the Szaeyl-Aporro and Starrk fights. Mainly because of the sheer creepiness of Szaeyl-Aporro and the fact that it was Starrk vs Kyoraku, who is one of my favorite captains. Besides, the only fights prior to these that could be considered some of "the best" would have been things like Izuru Kira vs. Avirama Redder (which is a severely underrated battle, and I don't know why I didn't post that instead of Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra), Ichigo vs. Byakuya (which I feel is overrated), and Ichigo vs. Grimmjow (which you already pointed out). Nearly everything afterward is a joke (with a few exceptions), ESPECIALLY Aizen's Mugetsu-to-the-face, courtesy of Ichigo.

As for Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, I understand your reasoning. The new Hollow form was merely Deus ex Machina, and the conclusion was poop. It was everything else, though. The Cero Oscuras, the Lanza del Relampago, the whole fact that it was Ulquiorra (who was awesome).

And Father vs. Everyone was there because I don't know. I thought I got rid of that in a re-edit.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey!!' timestamp='1344478554' post='6001575']
[b]Finally, this is Yugioh, but Z-ONE V.S. Aporia.[/b]
Wait, Vs. Aporia? The broad strokes were cool, but virtually everything that actually [i]happened [/i]was kinda stupid, no?
[/quote]
The facts that (a) they used to be allies, (B) Aporia's death was the most tragic loss ever in the franchise's history, and (c) the staff made it dramatic by having Granel destroy everything Aporia had are enough to say it was an amazing duel.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived