What anime character can you relate to/is similar to yourself?

What anime character's personality or looks (to a certain extent) remind you of yourselves, or even a friend/family member? Or maybe there's just certain aspects of the characters life you can relate to?

I'll start:

[b]Kazu Mikura (Air Gear)[/b]
Contrary to how I act on here, sometimes IRL, I feel like the limelight is focused on whoever I'm with rather than me. And I'm not really looking for that spotlight either, even though I feel I want it sometimes, usually because whenever I have it, it's at my expense. And like him, I vary between engaging and happy to silent and forlorn. And I'm a pretty good sprinter too (terrible stamina though).

[b]Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)[/b]
I can get pretty loud like Naruto, bordering obnoxious and happy-go-lucky. And like him, I believe anyone has the capability to change...for the most part. We're also both naive optimists and ramen's one of our favorite foods.

[b]Yui Hirasawa (K-ON!)[/b]
I have little common sense, much like Yui. I can come across as a perky airhead sometimes and I have a huge sweet-tooth as well. I'm also capable of going along with the flow and I'm very easygoing/lazy like Yui is.

[b]Shikamaru Nara (Naruto)[/b]
I'm not going to say I have a high IQ, I don't, but I am capable of being smarter than most if I applied myself some more. Like Shikamaru, I can be extremely lazy. However, we both share the ability to look at things objectively and think logically. Whenever I'm not engaging in naive optimism, I can see tasks such as chores and my job as a huge pain and dwell on doing them rather than going into it positively.

Too lazy to go into this atm, so just gonna list.

Yuzuru Otonashi (Angel Beats!)
Simon the Digger (Gurren Lagann)
Rossiu Adai (Gurren Lagann)
Suzaku Kururugi (Code Geass)
Euphemia li Britannia (Code Geass)
Lyon (Technically a game character, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Hmm... That's tricky.

Coyote Starrk (Bleach)
I can be lazy and uncaring most of the time, but I'm genuinely a nice guy who really doesn't like conflict.
Tier Harribel (Also from Bleach.)
I'm a kind, caring person who cares about friends and subordinates.
Izuru Kira (Again, from Bleach. I really relate to that show, don't I?)
I look a lot like Izuru, and if something happens involving a person I revere or admire, I would sink into depression.
Mayuri Kurotsuchi (Again with the Bleach! Again, I really do relate to that show, huh?)
I'd say I was an intelligent person, and when angry or distressed, I can be quite sadistic.

I've never associated a character in specific to myself, though a common character from those who have seen her is Victorique. I would not receive as many claims of our similarity as I previously did because I no longer speak to those people who associated myself to her much.

Actually, I'd really prefer somebody else related myself to a character than me being the judge for that.

Well, I'd probably have say that I'm most like Hanataro Yamada from Bleach. We're both big cowards, and we're really shy and nervous all of the time. We aren't confident in our own abilities, and sometimes we feel like we get in the way...But, we want to do everything we can to help everyone, because that's all that's important to us.

Then again, like Alice, I'd feel better if someone else were to compare me to an anime character, as I actually haven't seen many anime outside the "Mainstream" group, and in those that I have seen outside of that group, I find it hard to relate to characters.

Vash (Tigun)
Bolin (Legend of Korra)
Sokka (The Last Airbender)
Mikuni (The Possiblity of Soul and Money Control)

And apparently a close friend told me that me that I seemed more like like Jin than I did Mugen (both from Samurai Champloo)

Which is weird because I always thought I was more like Mugen....

And like to thiink of myself as a mix between Vegeta and Spike (Cowboy Bebop) throughout school. (ie bragging and nanchalant)

I've never associated myself with a character either, although there are some similarities between me and Tomoya from Clannad (hence why I've decided to use him as my avatar). I think I was kind of inspired by him after watching Clannad; it definitely made it easier for me to talk to girls, which is quite strange now that I think about it. I needed that confidence though and it was only a contributing factor, but one nonetheless...

Miki Hoshii (THE iDOLM@STER TV).
I like having attention from certain people a lot, as does she towards Producer-San de nano. Can do incredibly well in some things, but chooses to be lazy and slack off every so often, de nano.
All I can think up right now, really. Maybe Alfonso should talk in Third Person.

Now if only I can get the looks down...

• 4 weeks later...

The joke is that this is a list of characters that we want to be, not that we're probably like.

Anyway, I'm basically Lelouche before he gained the ability to overthrow humanity. I have more sense than to try that.

At least if I'm following the trend. In reality, I don't think I've ever seen an anime character I can truly and completely relate to.

Kai Hiwatari from beyblade: like him. I'm cold and detached to a point, but if you hurt my friends, family and threaten the game I love you better believe you are in for the greatest fight of your life.

Kai Hiwatari from beyblade: like him. I'm cold and detached to a point, but if you hurt my friends, family and threaten the game I love you better believe you are in for the greatest fight of your life.

Naruto Uzamaki from Naruto: At times when my emotions are peaked, mostly anger my eyes seem wild like an animals.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really know if I can judge myself, but characters I've always associated with at least are:

Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach) - A bit violent (though I haven't really expressed that yet, really).
Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) - Same as above, but also loyal.
Senji (Deadman Wonderland) - See Kenpachi Zaraki.
Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass) - Loyal to close family, but hate father/father's family.
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto) - Absolutely loyal to friends.

• 1 year later...

I've never compared myself to an anime character, but if some wants to compare feel free. I'm optmistic (hardley ever down), somewhat impulsive, friendly, kind, and smart. On the other hand, I'm too trusting, and I lack street smarts. As far as anime characters I relate to, the list includes all three Yugioh protagonists and their friends (I'm not counting Zexal), Miaka,and the Suzaku Seven from Fushigi Yugi, and Yuri Shibuya from Kyo Kara Maoh. 

Also, the traits I descirbed for my personality are mostly what other people have said.

Archived