The Mushroom Kingdom

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we had a lot of insane Nintendo gamers here, we could do a "decathlon" style event. Like, round robin tournaments for Mario Kart, Brawl, Pokemon, et cetera... with each game and each rank being worth a certain amount of points. But that would require everyone to have the same four or five games, and it's probably easier to organize on a Nintendo or video-game-centered forum. It's an option, though... almost everyone with a Wii has Brawl, everyone with a DS has to have some Gen IV or Gen V Pokemon game, and perhaps enough people have Mario Kart (DS or 7, or even Wii) to make this work. A triathlon-style video game shootout? It's a possibility.

I can't think of a reason to deny Black, and HELL if I'll say no to Clair.

Clair gets instant Royal Court btw. I think we can all agree that's fair.

Anyway, I would do a Friend Code section if I get enough people giving codes here, and as for this Decathlon... I actually love that idea. So obviously we have to have a Pokemon Event, part of me wants to say put that on Pokemon Online or something cause I don't have the Gen 5 games and that would be the best ones to do it with I imagine.

If I can get a f***ing power cord for my Wii I wouldn't have to sit out of any Wii things. So ideas for it right now are:

Pokemon (Gen 4/5 Not decided)
Super Smash Brother Brawl
Mario Kart (DS / 3DS / Wii Not Decided)

If it's not too presumptuous of me, may I suggest an alternate picture for my listing in the OP?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GHFn4.png[/img]
[code][img]http://i.imgur.com/GHFn4.png[/img][/code]

Anyways, here's my FCs.

SSBB: 3010-0500-4149
Mario Kart Wii: 2022-2088-1956
3DS: 4682-8527-3043 (Yay for universal Friend Code.)

The only DS games I have for this are Pokémon.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1341699888' post='5969815']
Okami is Capcom, not Nintendo.
[/quote]

well you know it was on the wii and everything and i just beat it and it was so satisfying so please give me a little break? Dx

I'm down with everything that's going down here. I agree with the Pokemon event being held with Pokemon Online. I need to find my friend codes...

[quote name='Clair' timestamp='1341705315' post='5969937']
well you know it was on the wii and everything and i just beat it and it was so satisfying so please give me a little break? Dx

I'm down with everything that's going down here. I agree with the Pokemon event being held with Pokemon Online. I need to find my friend codes...
[/quote]

Of course Clair. Besides, Okami is a great game and I feel like the Wii Version was just better then the PS2 version >>

And yes, I wasn't crazy for being the only one who thinks that.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1341705520' post='5969942']
How does Pokémon Online work? I've never used it and I hadn't even heard of it prior to this club mentioning it.
[/quote]

Basically, you download it, build your team EXACTLY how you want, then go online to a server to battle. Pretty easy to get the hang of honestly.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1341705810' post='5969954']
"Exactly" as in stuff like max IVs and the best possible EV setup and stuff?
[/quote]

Exactly. Whatever IV's/EV's you want, any moveset, everything.

[quote name='BrokenHeart15' timestamp='1341705870' post='5969956']
Let's see:

SSBB FC: 2366-1689-2200
[/quote]

I'll go ahead and add that to the first post.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1341706017' post='5969962']
I'm guessing there's limits. You can't give them moves they normally wouldn't learn or put all their stats at 1000, could you?
[/quote]

Well, I figured that would be obvious.

They can only have moves they can learn via TM/HM's, naturally, tutors, Egg/Breeding moves and each Pokemon has a Base Stat at LV 100 that can only be changed EV's and the like. It's better to download then to have it explained honestly.

I'll go do that, since it seems that's what we'll be using.

Also, I think you missed my post with my FCs. (And one other thing.)
[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1341702629' post='5969879']
If it's not too presumptuous of me, may I suggest an alternate picture for my listing in the OP?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GHFn4.png[/img]
[code][img]http://i.imgur.com/GHFn4.png[/img][/code]

Anyways, here's my FCs.

SSBB: 3010-0500-4149
Mario Kart Wii: 2022-2088-1956
3DS: 4682-8527-3043 (Yay for universal Friend Code.)

The only DS games I have for this are Pokémon.
[/quote]

I'd give you my Pokemon Black FC....but no internet connection(using my cell)...and I have to buy a new SSBB for myself...since I gave my previous one to my younger cousin. ^^;

Anyway, Discord, probably should switch out my MK appearance with this one.

[Img]http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/434007-MasterZX/7/37/bowser_stand_thumb.gif[/img]
[Code]http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/434007-MasterZX/7/37/bowser_stand_thumb.gif[/code]

It's actually surprising how accurate the Pokemon Online simulator is - they even restrict certain IV combinations that cannot happen in-game (like, for some Pokemon 31/31/31/31/31/31 isn't possible).

I think the best part about a decathlon-style event is that [i]by how much[/i] you win actually matters. A 6-0 in Pokemon might net you 60 points towards your score, while a 1-0 would land you 10. Five-stocking someone in Brawl is better than three-stocking someone, and perhaps the difference in finish times for Mario Kart could play a role. Again, it'd be a bit hectic to properly organize, but it'd be extremely fun. We could play it NFL-style, where a round robin of 32 players filters down to 12, and from 12 we get 8, and from 8 we do single-elimination.

Or, alternatively, we could play it like Smogon's World Cup and have teams, where each game has representation from one player of each team. And perhaps the final battle could incorporate the fact that all games can support up to four people (Mario Kart, Brawl, and Doubles Pokemon). I mean, even though this probably won't happen in the near future, it's a bit fun to just shoot around ideas.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1341715471' post='5970157']
Or, alternatively, we could play it like Smogon's World Cup and have teams, where each game has representation from one player of each team. And perhaps the final battle could incorporate the fact that all games can support up to four people (Mario Kart, Brawl, and Doubles Pokemon). I mean, even though this probably won't happen in the near future, it's a bit fun to just shoot around ideas.
[/quote]
Personally, I really like this idea.

I mean, I don't have Mario Kart and such among other things, so it's easier for more people to enter if it's a team event like this.

Archived