The Mushroom Kingdom

[quote name='iCherry' timestamp='1342741587' post='5983352']
EXPLAIN THIS!

I've never seen anything like Giygas, so I can't say much in the department of Villains that impress me.
Other than like
Mithos Yggdrasil.
[/quote]

You know damn well what I mean. I legitimately thought Phoenix Wright was going to kill me.

In order to impress me as a Villain you have to have a decent motive or backstory and be generally likeable.

Godot, for instance.

I like Dimentio because he was a fun character though.

I'm all over to place in vidyo james villains I swear.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Ice.' timestamp='1342741978' post='5983361']
You know damn well what I mean. I legitimately thought Phoenix Wright was going to kill me.
In order to impress me as a Villain you have to have a decent motive or backstory and be generally likeable.
Godot, for instance.
I like Dimentio because he was a fun character though.
I'm all over to place in vidyo james villains I swear.
[/quote]

EXPLAINNNNN THISSSSSSS
yfw phoenix will come to your room as the proto badger.

Godot wasn't really a Villain as much as [i]Dahlia[/i].
More so, just a bitter Rival.

Dimentio is <3.

hard to decide what you like in a bideo james.

[quote name='iCherry' timestamp='1342742109' post='5983366']
EXPLAINNNNN THISSSSSSS
yfw phoenix will come to your room as the proto badger.

Godot wasn't really a Villain as much as [i]Dahlia[/i].
More so, just a bitter Rival.

Dimentio is <3.

hard to decide what you like in a bideo james.
[/quote]

okay fine. so like one day guys i was gonna go to sleep after having a wonderful conversation with cherry (read: cherry spamming GO TO SLEEP because i was like high off of being tired), and when i was going to sleep i got another message and phoenix wright screamed EXPLAIN THIS and it scared the crap out of me. and dont bring up that thing its awful.

Dahlia was just evil. There's really no other description. Godot was a rival I guess, but a damn good one. His motive was also extremely hard to argue against. He really defeated himself in the end out of guilt.

Dimentio I liked because he was an insane moron and I had that silly phase where I liked insane characters. Dimentio is still pretty cool though. Probably mid-tier like Giygas.

i am picky with vidya jeugos

[quote name='Ice.' timestamp='1342742918' post='5983388']
okay fine. so like one day guys i was gonna go to sleep after having a wonderful conversation with cherry (read: cherry spamming GO TO SLEEP because i was like high off of being tired), and when i was going to sleep i got another message and phoenix wright screamed EXPLAIN THIS and it scared the crap out of me. and dont bring up that thing its awful.

Dahlia was just evil. There's really no other description. Godot was a rival I guess, but a damn good one. His motive was also extremely hard to argue against. He really defeated himself in the end out of guilt.

Dimentio I liked because he was an insane moron and I had that silly phase where I liked insane characters. Dimentio is still pretty cool though. Probably mid-tier like Giygas.

i am picky with vidya jeugos
[/quote]

You should've just went to sleep earlier.
Or turn off that sound.

Doesn't help that her character was just made to be Obviously!EvilBitch. Like Kristoph who was just blatantly insane. Killing a man for your reputation is something only a Von Karma would do. ... Wait, Manfred did do that. And Godot was just responding out of Love, the loss of said love, and other angry emotions. Of course Phoenix couldn't argue, because Maya's been in danger like, twice every game but he got her back.

Nothing like an insane laugh to make you love an insane antagonist.

pick yo bidya peins

[quote name='iCherry' timestamp='1342743726' post='5983402']
You should've just went to sleep earlier.
Or turn off that sound.

Doesn't help that her character was just made to be Obviously!EvilBitch. Like Kristoph who was just blatantly insane. Killing a man for your reputation is something only a Von Karma would do. ... Wait, Manfred did do that. And Godot was just responding out of Love, the loss of said love, and other angry emotions. Of course Phoenix couldn't argue, because Maya's been in danger like, twice every game but he got her back.

Nothing like an insane laugh to make you love an insane antagonist.

pick yo bidya peins
[/quote]

Kristoph was alright because of the twist, but after a while he became generic. Dahlia was pretty basic too but at least done well. Godot man, Godot was all over the place in a good way. I mean the fact that [color=#ffffff]he did kill in self defense and to protect maya/put an end to everything was pretty much impossible to argue against, and the fact that he did it behind her back/said it was out of jealousy was really the only thing that screwed him over.[/color]

Manfred was pretty decent too because you wanted to wipe that smug ass grin off of his face and it was HIGHLY satisfying.

kefka's alright too in that regard i guess. Best overall Paper Mario antagonist now that I look at it though is Bowser for humor, and Grodus/Bleck for personality.

dem gideo james are complicated

[quote name='Ice.' timestamp='1342744887' post='5983423']
Kristoph was alright because of the twist, but after a while he became generic. Dahlia was pretty basic too but at least done well. Godot man, Godot was all over the place in a good way. I mean the fact that [color=#ffffff]he did kill in self defense and to protect maya/put an end to everything was pretty much impossible to argue against, and the fact that he did it behind her back/said it was out of jealousy was really the only thing that screwed him over.[/color]

Manfred was pretty decent too because you wanted to wipe that smug ass grin off of his face and it was HIGHLY satisfying.

kefka's alright too in that regard i guess. Best overall Paper Mario antagonist now that I look at it though is Bowser for humor, and Grodus/Bleck for personality.

dem gideo james are complicated
[/quote]

Kristoph was that cool guy in the beginning, then the "WHAT DID YOU DO TO PHOENIX'S JOB YOU SICK TWISTED a******" guy. Then it was just basically that he was another lunatic. I've been recently liking generic takes on things done well. Dahlia and Manfred were those two devils you had to take down without being God or something. Godot is <3 but I wish Trials and Tribulations had more [i]canon[/i] cases to the plot instead of the random episodes 2 and 3.

I swear to God, if Godot or somebody isn't in AA5, I will flip my s***.

Kefka's clear insanity is what made him likable to begin with. Bowser was the joke villain in all of them, but the classic Big Bad everyone's used to. Grodus was an ass though.

jideo bames can't be that hard

Episode 2 was a "get to meet Godot" episode and 3 revealed things about him, the red on white in particular.

He probably won't be in 5 and you know it. I expect Phoenix to come back along with Edgey. oh yeah and i signed up for that newsletter i showed you.

Eh he's annoying as sin in my opinion. As for Bowser, he's hysterical in the Paper Mario saga. Grodus was an ass because he was, well, a robot. Bleck was all emotional and stuff though which was alright I guess. Best Mario villain is Waluigi anyways.

gibyo jems are really hard, play dark souls

[quote name='Ice.' timestamp='1342746702' post='5983451']
Episode 2 was a "get to meet Godot" episode and 3 revealed things about him, the red on white in particular.

He probably won't be in 5 and you know it. I expect Phoenix to come back along with Edgey. oh yeah and i signed up for that newsletter i showed you.

Eh he's annoying as sin in my opinion. As for Bowser, he's hysterical in the Paper Mario saga. Grodus was an ass because he was, well, a robot. Bleck was all emotional and stuff though which was alright I guess. Best Mario villain is Waluigi anyways.

gibyo jems are really hard, play dark souls
[/quote]

I love Episode 2's Court Opening was basically showing that Godot was another one of Phoenix's Rivals that one-upped him in nearly every situation. He even tamed Furio Tigre, the guy who scared everyone shitless in court, yet Godot was completely cool with it. ... I still love Furio's Theme by the way.
Episode 3 was just to show what you can use against him when the time came to end the Phoenix vs Godot saga.

WHY MUST YOU STOMP ALL OVER MY DREAMS? I WANT EVERYONE BACK. qq
Tell me everything you learn from the Newsletter as it's updated.

Bowser is hilarious, even flipping out and saying that only [i]he[/i] can kidnap Peach. I don't blame him for that, someone else capturing her is blasphemy. Grodus' 'Gack, gack, gack!" irritated the hell out of me, and I was so glad to see Shadow Queen kill him. Bleck wa-
>Waluigi
FINALLY
SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME

yidco sames aren't hard, dark souls is just bullshit qq

[quote name='iCherry' timestamp='1342748360' post='5983475']
I love Episode 2's Court Opening was basically showing that Godot was another one of Phoenix's Rivals that one-upped him in nearly every situation. He even tamed Furio Tigre, the guy who scared everyone shitless in court, yet Godot was completely cool with it. ... I still love Furio's Theme by the way.
Episode 3 was just to show what you can use against him when the time came to end the Phoenix vs Godot saga.

WHY MUST YOU STOMP ALL OVER MY DREAMS? I WANT EVERYONE BACK. qq
Tell me everything you learn from the Newsletter as it's updated.

Bowser is hilarious, even flipping out and saying that only [i]he[/i] can kidnap Peach. I don't blame him for that, someone else capturing her is blasphemy. Grodus' 'Gack, gack, gack!" irritated the hell out of me, and I was so glad to see Shadow Queen kill him. Bleck wa-
>Waluigi
FINALLY
SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME

yidco sames aren't hard, dark souls is just bullshit qq
[/quote]

It's pretty much that in every AA game.

1 = Tutorial, 2 and 3 are development, 4 is the finisher.

T&T is the special one with the 5th case because it was the closer.

Of course AAI changed that because it's glorified fan fiction in my opinion. Still a nice little timewaster.

And yeah, Waluigi is cool. There was a poll going on for a new character for Smash 4, and he was actually /winning/ a while ago. Shame it got restarted because the owner is a massive Xenoblade fanboy and wants Shulk to win. Now Waluigi's like in last place.

[url="http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-nintendo-attempting-to-negotiate-its-way-into-ownership-of-banjo-and"]http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-nintendo-attempting-to-negotiate-its-way-into-ownership-of-banjo-and[/url]

Make of it what you will.

[quote name='Koloktos' timestamp='1342826019' post='5984123']
I'm more interested in seeing Nintendo make a Killer Instinct 3. Killer Instinct games are so underrated, yet they have the best fighter mechanics.
[/quote]

Screw Killer Instinct, BANJO-KAZOOIE <3

I swear, if this rumor turns out to be false, my heart will be broken. I adore Banjo-Kazooie, I reaaally wanna see the series alive again.

[quote name='Kanade Otonashi' timestamp='1342826118' post='5984125']
Screw Killer Instinct, BANJO-KAZOOIE <3

I swear, if this rumor turns out to be false, my heart will be broken. I adore Banjo-Kazooie, I reaaally wanna see the series alive again.
[/quote]

I would like to see another Banjo-Kazooie, but you can't help feel that Killer Instinct is, in fact, forgotten by time (except for the Combo Breaker meme).

Eh Killer Instinct is bland in my honest opinion.

Favorite fighting game has to be Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 because of those Stylish Combooos.

Either way I think Banjo would be much better off with Nintendo then Microsoft.

Hell they aren't even doing anything with Rare, they're just making them churn out Kinect games.

[quote name='Clair' timestamp='1342735448' post='5983185']
@Fuse - THANK GOD YOU WATCHED. I tell ya, that was the first anime to bring me to legit tears. Bawling, seriously bawling at the end of episode 12. And no... I'm not sorry.
[/quote]

Really?
That over Clannad?
ifyousayso.jpg

I wouldn't mind if Nintendo got it; it could give me a chance to try the series out.

[quote name='Ice.' timestamp='1342830370' post='5984219']Favorite fighting game has to be Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 because of those Stylish Combooos.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDf-K5_nOmE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDf-K5_nOmE[/url]

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1342893981' post='5984712']
I wouldn't mind if Nintendo got it; it could give me a chance to try the series out.
[/quote]

You've never played Banjo?

Seriously?

Get on that man. Really good series.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1342896348' post='5984735']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDf-K5_nOmE[/media]
[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=fCm8h0M4umM&NR=1[/media]

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1342893981' post='5984712']
Really?
That over Clannad?
ifyousayso.jpg
[/quote]

I'm a jazz musician, so I guess Kids on the Slope...
*shadespull*
... [i]struck a more familiar chord[/i].

[quote name='Chaos Sonic' timestamp='1342912176' post='5984917']
@Shradow & Ice: pretty nice, though I only have MvC3(which I'm beast with Dante, Ryu/Zero, and Ammy) ^_^
[/quote]

Nemesis/Dante or Nova/Taskmaster and Wright/Ammy/Joe in UMvC3.

In vanilla I ran Deadpool/X-23/Taskmaster, Deadpool/Dormammu/Taskmaster and Joe/Ammy/Taskmaster.

I'm certainly not the best but I do think my Taskmaster and Joe are pretty damn nice.

Dante is much harder to use then Ryu because of him being a Rekka/his execution. I still have trouble pulling off big combos with him because of accidentally doing a rekka and screwing everything over. Hence why I use Nova in his place sometimes. Similar damage output but much more easier to use.

Deadpool is like a glass cannon. Guy has the best teleport in both games, and can deal a great amount of damage/switch to a keepaway playstyle when stuff gets tough.

Sadly one combo can spell death to him.That was pretty much the main issue with my main team of Vanilla (Dpool/X-23/Task) as I had two fragile high risk-high reward characters on my team.

Seriously I'm only good with Taskmaster because I grew into depending on him to carry me to victory.

Archived