Moderator Application form

YCMaker

A basic grasp of the English language should be mandatory. That should weed out at over half of the applicants. I mean' date=' if you won't even take the time to proof read your posts (or in some instances, LEARN ENGLISH), then what does that say about your perserverence towards the site?

[/quote']

not much really. it just says that you aren't the best typer.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chaos Pudding

Actually, it says quite a bit. If you can't take your time to type out your words correctly, how can you be expected to take your time in deliberating what course of action you should take when moderating?

Actually' date=' it says quite a bit. If you can't take your time to type out your words correctly, how can you be expected to take your time in deliberating what course of action you should take when moderating?

[/quote']

maybe some people don't just like to constantly be worrying about their typing. as long as it's legible, it should be fine.

Actually' date=' it says quite a bit. If you can't take your time to type out your words correctly, how can you be expected to take your time in deliberating what course of action you should take when moderating?

[/quote']

Thats easy to answer ^_^

Common sense is all thats needed, typing in no-way reflects your brain and decision-making skills, you can type anyway you want and still get the Job Done.

I have my own unique writing style, and yet im a Mod on a 50,000 + ish Members Forum, i can still get the Job done even when im typing as i do ^_^

Guest Chaos Pudding

maybe some people don't just like to constantly be worrying about their typing. as long as it's legible' date=' it should be fine.

[/quote']

Again, I say: If you can't be bothered with your own affairs, what makes you say you are qualified to judge others? Of course, there will always be exceptions...

No, it means you're not qualified. If you've ever filled out a job application/resume and left past references/notable skills blank, you'd know what I'm talking about. You'll never get that call back. Lord Sheogorath has been the only one (originally from YCM) so far to display the ability to construct well-thought out sentences. Dj-Osiris is just lol, trying too hard and ends up being more confusing than not, and Card Maker Shinigami too inarticulate. As aforementioned and confirmed by yourself, you seem to discriminate against us GFaqers, not exactly an ideal characteristic a mature and responsible mod-to-be should have.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Wow... a Moderator Application Form... might as well.

[spoiler=Moderator Application Form]

1. What time during the day you are most likely online (include time zone)

On most weekdays, I am on from 16:15 (4:15 PM) EST to 20:15 (8:15 PM) EST. On Saturdays, I'm frequently on form 7:00 (AM) EST to 8:00 (AM) EST and always on from 12:00 (noon) EST to 20:30 (8:30 PM) EST. On Sundays, I'm frequently on from 7:00 (AM) EST to 9:30 (AM) EST, and am always on from 12:30 (PM) EST to 20:15 (8:15 PM) EST.

2. Which parts of the forum you frequent most

I visit the whole Custom Cards area frequently (Realistic Cards/Pop Culture Cards/Any Other Cards/Written Cards/Finished Cards & Sets/Card Contests), and I often browse the FanFic, RP, General, Games, Clubs & Organizations, and Shops & Requests forums.

3. Why you should become a moderator and how you will help the forum

I have a *lot* of experience with taking charge in large-scale organizations, and as long as there are no documents to lose, I am extremely responsible. I do very well in charge, and am exceptionally unbiased. I try my hardest not to break the rules, and have obeyed all moderator's decisions as of yet, also having the unusual distinction of having been on the YCM forum for over seven months and having no negreps. Unlike many people, I actually put effort into my posts, and try and make everything I do have a positive effect on others. Whenever I flame, it is simply because I am so outraged that someone else is putting no effort whatsoever into their posts and thinking that others will do the same. Though I have no right to boast perfection, I can honestly say that I constantly try to be the perfect member - helping others, amusing others, and trying to make the forum the best place I can.

I hope that at least earned your attention, although submitting this was completely forlorn.

With all due respect,

~Supreme Gamesmaster Yddisac

maybe some people don't just like to constantly be worrying about their typing. as long as it's legible' date=' it should be fine.

[/quote']

Again, I say: If you can't be bothered with your own affairs, what makes you say you are qualified to judge others?

because it's not that big of a deal. generally, people don't worry about menial things as long as it does not severely get in the way.

As aforementioned and confirmed by yourself' date=' you seem to discriminate against us GFaqers, not exactly an ideal characteristic a mature and responsible mod-to-be should have.

[/quote']

last I checked, b7hamma and under_age_user were the ones who started rep spamming my reputation. when i went to -rep them, then i saw the rest of it. if anyone should be blamed, it's those two.

No' date=' it means you're not qualified. If you've ever filled out a job application/resume and left past references/notable skills blank, you'd know what I'm talking about. You'll never get that call back. Lord Sheogorath has been the only one (originally from YCM) so far to display the ability to construct well-thought out sentences. Dj-Osiris is just lol, trying too hard and ends up being more confusing than not, and Card Maker Shinigami too inarticulate. As aforementioned and confirmed by yourself, you seem to discriminate against us GFaqers, not exactly an ideal characteristic a mature and responsible mod-to-be should have.

[/quote']

My Gayness and randomness doesnt half confuse ppl im with you there ^_^

And i know about the Job application thing, i myself work, although am currently jobless as the place where i worked closed down, darn woolworths (¬_¬)

And hopefully that discrimination thing wasnt aimed at me

I was one of those embracing your arrival, i was never against it, i even talked to quite a few of you, 1 member of which i got on well with, sadly was banned lol

Time zone - east coast of USA...

week days - 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (and 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.)

week ends - 10 a.m. (or noon) to 6 p.m.

I'm usually scoping out the realist card section, shops (or any thing in the graphic desgin section), most new organizations/ clubs, RPs (and FanFics)... and well just about anything else when i'm bored

I'm always critiking people on spams or double posts... i find so many threads that should be closed, but no MOD is ever on during that time, and i have most on my friends list... PLus i really like to enforce the rules (not sure why, but i play it safe and try to be a peace maker)

Well thats what i have to say...

Guest Chaos Pudding

because it's not that big of a deal. generally' date=' people don't worry about menial things as long as it does not severely get in the way.

[/quote']

The grammar itself is not the problem. It's your lack of caring about your grammar that is the problem.

I believe that Grav was talking to TAG.

Wow... a Moderator Application Form... might as well.

[spoiler=Moderator Application Form]

On most weekdays' date=' I am on from 16:15 (4:15 PM) EST to 20:15 (8:15 PM) EST. On Saturdays, I'm frequently on form 7:00 (AM) EST to 8:00 (AM) EST and always on from 12:00 (noon) EST to 20:30 (8:30 PM) EST. On Sundays, I'm frequently on from 7:00 (AM) EST to 9:30 (AM) EST, and am always on from 12:30 (PM) EST to 20:15 (8:15 PM) EST.

I visit the whole Custom Cards area frequently (Realistic Cards/Pop Culture Cards/Any Other Cards/Written Cards/Finished Cards & Sets/Card Contests), and I often browse the FanFic, RP, General, Games, Clubs & Organizations, and Shops & Requests forums.

I have a *lot* of experience with taking charge in large-scale organizations, and as long as there are no documents to lose, I am extremely responsible. I do very well in charge, and am exceptionally unbiased. I try my hardest not to break the rules, and have obeyed all moderator's decisions as of yet, also having the unusual distinction of having been on the YCM forum for over seven months and having no negreps. Unlike many people, I actually put effort into my posts, and try and make everything I do have a positive effect on others. Whenever I flame, it is simply because I am so outraged that someone else is putting no effort whatsoever into their posts and thinking that others will do the same. Though I have no right to boast perfection, I can honestly say that I constantly try to be the perfect member - helping others, amusing others, and trying to make the forum the best place I can.

I hope that at least earned your attention, although submitting this was completely forlorn.

With all due respect,

~Supreme Gamesmaster Yddisac

[/quote']

+1 to posters showing intelligence.

I wasn't.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Calm down, folks. Though I personally agree with Chaos Pudding, this thread isn't the place to have an argument. If DJ wants to write that way, that's his decision. The only person who can decide who becomes a mod and who doesn't is YCMaker. No one else has his or her place trying to do it for him.

Guest Chaos Pudding

Which one of the gamefaq members made that Jelly Set? as i want to see more cards.

That would be me. I've got to find more pics, though...

Anyway, I agree. I'm going to stop this discussion and go find jelly pics...

last I checked' date=' b7hamma and under_age_user were the ones who started rep spamming my reputation.[/quote']

Completely out of context... and even then, you make yourself look bad.

exactly how does that make me look bad?

when i went to -rep them' date=' then i saw the rest of it. if anyone should be blamed, it's those two.[/quote']

Immature much?

nope. just someone who reports rep spam. not like it's uncommon in this forum.

Lol, TAG's temper is showing.

+ Flame Dragon, he knows his stuff, and has the Mod Aura, and has good grammar.

+ RedSceptile, he's intelligent.

+ KA Flame, he's intelligent and his grammar is pretty good.

- Wolfberserker, he's too busy with graphics and hasn't got the respectable aura of authority that mods do.

- Max, he has a slight temper.

- Zeroshot, there's nothing outstanding and he has bad grammar.

+/- Yankee, he has his own site to run, and doesn't have a very mod-esque appearance, but he might fit the bill.

2pm-9pm weekdays

Sometimes may very with school, friends and family.

11am-3pm then 8pm-1am / 1pm-2am weekends

If im at my dads i cant do anything untill this summer when he "re-gets" internet. If i have rpg i go by the 11am-3pm then 8pm-1am . If i dont have rpg then 1pm-2am

-Eastern time zone

Graphics Design

Reasons I should be Graphics Mod

1. I help ppl with there graphic art. Example: I am making and going to be finishing a tutorial that all members can fallow.

2. Im kind to other graphic art. Example: Giving far ratings and telling ppl how they can improve there work of art to become better.

3. I provide a service. Example: I have a custom archive that alows all members to use my images with out cost.

4. I search the graphic design section for any supisions. Examples: Like ppl asking reps in there shops.

How I'll help the forums

With Star gone the graphics section, has tons of spammers and new members that post cards in this section. Sence Im always in this section I will be able to quickly and painlessly move or lock these threads be for members get mad or a spammer has a chance to do it again. There is always going to be scammers in shops, and I will bring these ppl to justice after a good investigation of the scam. I will Sticky those shops, tutorails, and threads that truely deserve it and show them selfs worthy of it. Making a thread and an application for shops that want to be stickied, something hard but not impossible (example provided below). As graphics mod I wount just help those in my own section, I will help those out side to getting new member help when the other mods arent there.

Example of the Skicky your shop application

1. You must offer 5 or more different items in your shop

2. Your shop must be atleast 1 month old

3. 30+ orders fufilled

I uphold the rules. This site is my home. I want to help it grow and stay fun for all members. I Wolfberserker have dreamed of becomeing the graphics mod of ycm more than anything on this forum. I think its time to make this dream of mine come true.

Lol' date=' TAG's temper is showing.

[/quote']

nah, i'm just curious. if i were getting angry, you would know. :P

anyways, this place isn't for people criticizing other people on being mods. It's just for applications for people who want to be mods. So let's just leave it at that, k?

Week days - Any where from 3 p.m. to 12 a.m.

Week ends - Most of the day, unless my friend is on the computer

Time zone - east coast

2. Which parts of the forum you frequent most.

Showcase and General most

Pop culture cards a lot to a bit

I've been a member for some time and I know the ropes. I think I could be helpful to for helping keep the forum more spam free and help keep rep spam under a tighter leash. While I would have a no spam policy, I would be fare to any members who make mistakes and give them a chance to learn from their mistakes. But in the end you do know best and I think you will make great choices.

Archived