Jormungand

Named after the fabled dragon of destruction, this anime series is about arms dealer Koko Hekmatyar and her crew of bodyguards as they do business around the world.

Though Koko is the leader, she tends to get a bit childish which gives a lighthearted twist to an otherwise dark anime.

And newcomer Jonah loves to skip classes.

This is one of those half anime's that's half funny, half serious.

Funimation recently aquired this.

Discuss if you want.

• 7 months later...

I was completely bored with the first part of Jormungand. I finished it mostly because I didn't want to drop another anime (I'd just tallied up all the anime I'd watched, and discovered I'd dropped slightly more than I'd finished).

Anyone else notice that all the women have exactly the same face?

Am I the only one who enjoyed the end of Season 1?
But I do feel that it would have been nice to have a Lehm based episode, like we had for pretty much everyone else.
In my oppinion Season one was more based on the fact that Jonah was the new guy and was still getting to know everyone and was learning, more focused on his travels with an Arms Dealer.
[quote]
I posted this in May but now people are interested. What about all the other threads I made, High School DXD or Medaka Box Abnormal?
[/quote]
Well I could only watch it and catch up with Jormungand just not long before I got back on YCM, but I am always searching for new animes, are those two good ones? Would you people recomend them?

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1355459624' post='6092691']
I posted this in May but now people are interested. What about all the other threads I made, High School DXD or Medaka Box Abnormal?
[/quote]

What do either of those have to do with Jormungand?
The likely answer is no one here wanted to or felt like talking about those 2 animes.
[quote name='Gabriel Maeso' timestamp='1355481632' post='6092853']
Am I the only one who enjoyed the end of Season 1?
But I do feel that it would have been nice to have a Lehm based episode, like we had for pretty much everyone else.
[b]His seiyuu has an intoxicating voice. I could hear him monologuing for a whole episode without losing interest.[/b]
Well I could only watch it and catch up with Jormungand just not long before I got back on YCM, but I am always searching for new animes, are those two good ones? Would you people recomend them?
[/quote]

Haven't seen Medaka, but DxD is essentially dumb fun with loads of fanservice and some action that often gets risque. And a 2nd season's confirmed for it.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1355642033' post='6094739']
[b]His seiyuu has an intoxicating voice. I could hear him monologuing for a whole episode without losing interest.[/b]
[/quote]
Same here, and also he is freaking awesome, he is said to be a better sniper than Lutz at some points, so I would like tho know what else he can do and what is his past with Lloyd and Chikita.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1355642033' post='6094739']
Haven't seen Medaka, but DxD is essentially dumb fun with loads of fanservice and some action that often gets risque. And a 2nd season's confirmed for it.
[/quote]
Well thanks for the recomendation, will look at them when I get the chance, but can we get back to te topic's starting point?

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1355659227' post='6094810']
Right. How about Valmet? Which do you prefer? Long-hair Valmet or Short Hair Valmet? And her past was kinda gruesome. Could you believe how much Koko had to pay just cover up Valmet's grudge?
[/quote]
I liked her design better when she had long hair, but other than her looks I didn't noticed much diference on her character after her release from her past, the only significant change was that she actualy feels like a lighter character and is nicer towards the other members of the team.
And as far as we can see and know money is not a problem to Koko at all, she not even had to use the HCLI's reserve money that has her name on it.

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1355769813' post='6095914']
Nice to a point where if anyone insults Koko.
[/quote]
That's true, as she almost broke Lutz arm last time he said something weird about Koko.

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1355769813' post='6095914']
Speaking of, anyone noticing Koko' getting darker in terms of personality?

(Finally, this topic is going places.)
[/quote]
Yup, Koko is getting darker, but I think that's her excitment with her plan with Minami and also cause since R's death, not even what was holding her back will keep holding, and like R said, that was Jonah's job. I liked R, he was he opposite of Echo, even gave an advice to Koko that was the opposite of Echo's.

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1355800408' post='6096476']
Indeed. Next episode two days from now. Let's see what develops and if it will be dubbed.
[/quote]
Yup, waiting for this episode for almost a week, want to see what will happen, it ended up on a good clift hanger.
Where I download it it goes out on wednesdays, and honestly I hate Dubbed, I watch Subbed, is way better in my oppinion.

Archived