Saint Seiya Omega

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5HQrKxI4sI&feature=related

Yeah. Toei's new project that I suppose will come with acompanying toyline.
I suppose I have to give it a chance. It's just that it's so different from the old Saint Seiya. Also, I still have the blood boiling because of the cancelation of Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas, a series that was enjoyed by fans of Saint Seiya all around the world, except Japan, according to Toei.
A personal opinion about the small that I have seen of it: All the main characters are too pretty boy-like. I know Saint Seiya was a pioneer of that of making shonen characters attractive, to add girls to their fans (even before Gundam Wing did it!), but replacing the old batch with this new generation that is even more bishonen is maybe taking it too far.
I know this will appeal to new people, but Lost Canvas was able to do that without the uproar this is causing among older fans.

Another personal thing: I now watch anime in the original japanese, but as this seems to be a sequel of sorts of one that I watched when young, I would like to watch it like I watched it, in latin american spanish (even if the voice actors are not the same, a huge possibility). The thing is, when we first got Saint Seiya, it was before the time the latin american adaptations started being based in the north american adaptations, and they were really faithful to the original. Anime in general is now adapted from the north american adaptation, so we get the same BS as you unitedstatians get (like the Shadow Realm from Yugioh), and I would really hate to see Saint Seiya touched like that, with cosmo leaking when hurt instead of, as one would expect, blood as one of the changes I fear.

I've heard North America got Saint Seiya very late, and it was one of the few places where it bombed, so I expect most of the people of this forum to not care at all about this and the rant segments intermixed with this post. So, discuss if you want, or something...

I pretty much share your opinions. I saw this back in Mexico and it was probably the second anime I watched after Sailor Moon. I'm gonna give it a chance, but I hope it doesn't bomb as bad as the original Saint Seiya did in the US.
I personally hated all the changes they did when it was broadcast in America. And it was broadcast in like 2003 which is ridiculous since just about everywhere else got it in the late 80s or early 90s. The reason I think it failed was because what appealed to the general population in the 90s changed in those ten years.

That's only half of it now. The bear guy is now a teacher in the academy, and Seiya became the gold saint of Sagittarius. Because now you can get a new armor if you demonstrate you are strong enough; Forget all the guardian constellation stuff. Of course, that doesn't matter because Seiya has been missing for years, Shiryu has lost all of his senses[s] and Shun came out of the closet.[/s]
Ichi of Hydra (the albino guy from the start of the series) is the oldest student of the academy, even if he was a Saint before; because you are now supposed to control the elemental affinity of your cosmos (the elements are the same as yugioh plus lightning). And they even have an elemental rock-paper-scissors.

I also watched Saint Seiya when I was a little and two years ago I decided to watch it again.

Sanctuary saga: Really good;
Asgard saga: Meh, nothing good at all and it's a filler;
Poseidon saga: Good;
Hades saga: Really good.

Also watched all the movies and they are all the same... Can't say it's good nor bad.

After that started watching Lost Canvas and WOW!, it was awesome. In terms of image quality and animations the anime is superb! One thing that must be pointed out it that in the Lost Canvas most of the characters have a purpose and have their own scenes. And in terms of fight the characters are somehow balanced! I highly recommend watching Lost Canvas.

As for season 3 nothing is still confirmed so hold your horses. They may continue Lost Canvas after Omega, I mean Masami Kurumada wouldn't want two Saint Seiyas on air...

I've also been watching Omega and I couldn't agree more with you... It's really different from the original starting with the elements, the school, those ridiculous transformations and so on. Deep down it has the Saint Seiya essence and it's still on its early days so lets hope that it goes on the right path.

Archived