Devilman

Anybody read the manga/watch any of the anime/watched the live action movie?

I read the entire series a while back, and am reading both Violence Jack and Devilman Lady. Go Nagai makes a lot of great manga, and is a master of smut. He doesn't BS with fanservice. When he goes for the perverted stuff, the girls get naked without fancy angles, it's just there. I think one of his more controversial mangas about a superheroine who is always nude (which is actually cleaner than it sounds) was made into an adult movie. Go Nagai also created giant robots like Mazinger and created Cutie Honey. Go Nagai is God, even Godder that I.

What was I taking about again?

Oh yeah, Devilman. There's also a previously mentioned pseudo-sequel called Violence Jack, and the alternate universe series Devilman Lady. There's also an alternate ending story called Amon: The Darkside of Devilman along with it's crappy anime adaption Amon: The Apocalypse of Devilman. Then, there's the live-action movie which would be complete crap if not for the fact that MMA fighter Bob Sapp is in the movie.

You (likely) can find fan trans of all of the mentioned manga on whatever manga site you go to, though Devilman is easiest to find.

Archived